Does anyone know where I can find a crashed or fire damaged countach?

IanMan

Hello all!

So it's a crazy first post, and I'll probably be laughed at, but I am looking for a crashed or fire damaged Countach, and was curious if anyone could help me out. Any leads or. PM's are appreciated. Even if it's a chassis and body, it's okay. I'm looking for one to restore and make my own. Not interested in long term value. I know it will be difficult, and I'm not trying to find one to part out. Please let me know if you can help. Any input/advice/2 cents are appreciated! Thank you!

Ian

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Countach simply didn't have the production numbers that lead to a lot of cars languishing as damaged goods to the extent that some random dude on a forum would say, "yeah, I know of one in the next town over, pm sent." Sure, cars get crashed, but I'm just saying not in the same proportions. Plus, everyone has largely wised up to the car's exponential value explosion, and people are keeping a death grip on their project cars just the same as the healthy ones. You might have found what you're looking for about 2-3 years ago, but now you're looking for hen's teeth and anyone who finds a project car is likely to keep it a secret rather than expose it on a public forum.

There was a black dd, burnt, that was parted out. All that remained was the frame & suspension, and not much else. They wanted 22k for it probably 5 years ago. I don't know where that one went. Really at this point, your best bet would be to get a Prova kit car or something similar and build what you want. Real Countach parts will cost a small fortune.

I was just thinking the other day...wondering what the kit car market is doing in the midst of this CT value hike. Maybe they're all burned out and fed up with it.

I am not going to laugh. Never say never. I have seen people ask for projects and there was always someone who knows of one.

Look at Derek and his white Jalpa.

Look at Geno and the 78 Countach 1121008 AND an 85 QVDD......both projects. You guys will remember the 78 as it was posted here by a Pantera guy asking us the value.

I actually tried quite hard to get this car through the owner's family but it went nowhere fast. How Geno did is beyond me and I have to ask sometime down the road.

I think there was one or 2 others this year too.

Here is his thread on Fchat if anyone is interested:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/lamborghi...es-rescued.html

^project cars yes, but basket case no. These two cars were widely known over the two years Geno was working to buy them. Does anyone know what he eventually paid for them? Based on the stance that Mr. Rusie was taking two years ago I am sure he paid well for them.

2 years ago a few guys were willing to pay 40-100k for the 78. But here it is 2 years later...........

Everyone was looking into buying those 2 barnfinds, myself included.. I was told 100k for the DD, and when I wanted to go further I got nowhere..

Thanks for the input, guys. I'm willing to go for anything I can get my hands on. It's been a lifelong dream! :)

Doc_k ....... if you have searched high & low and still can't find what you want the previously mentioned kit car route may not be a bad idea. Especially if you deal with a company that makes a true to the original. Don't know how well a kit car will be received around here though.

Doc_k ....... if you have searched high & low and still can't find what you want the previously mentioned kit car route may not be a bad idea. Especially if you deal with a company that makes a true to the original. Don't know how well a kit car will be received around here though.

Uh, not really well. lol

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=33719

Begs the question; Could a replica of a car no longer available be accepted for what it is???

Fake garbage is never accepted..

If kits/replicas were ever tolerated here then I would leave. This is the only place I know where adherence to the purity of the marque is maintained without ending up our own assholes.

The OP never mentioned kits or replicas. He asked if anyone knew of a crash or fire damaged doner CT as a project car. I suspect that these are rarer than rocking horse shit. Even if such a thing could be found I suspect the out turn cost of the doner + restoration would be greater than buying a market ready example. Thats what I would do. Then if the restoration itch still needed to be scratched then select something cheap with readily available parts (MGB roadster would be my choice)

Shoot, could kitcar/replica increase in value like the real thing?

Whatever happened to that 89 up in Conn that had an engine fire and sat in the guys yard covered in snow? He could probably get all his money back on that car now if he even still has it.....

not a chance

I would have said the same BUT there is a Diablo replica on eBay with a buy it now of 57k and there are almost 80 watchers. I know that doesn't mean much unless it actually sells but that seems crazy when people were saying they could get decent early Diablos for 15-20k more. I do think replicas could go up some but not anywhere near the increase that the real cars will see.