THAT TIME OF YEAR AGAIN!!

toyroy2003

Thats were you are wrong...if anything, its safer with its correct tires and AWD then HALF the cars out on the road with the wrong tires and RWD only...so I don't see you point that's its not safe?

Wrong? I've driven exotics, with the right tires in extreme winters and I've also driven and drive other cars, like Panameras, Audis all different RS models etc etc and their is a WORLD of difference regarding safety and behaviour of the cars.

You can drive a Lambo sure, but it is not nearly as safe as a lets say Panamera GTS in bad weather conditions.

Should we even discuss this? Do you really claim that a 670SV is as safe to drive and has the same risk to slide of the road, as lets say a Audi RS4?

Wrong? I've driven exotics, with the right tires in extreme winters and I've also driven and drive other cars, like Panameras, Audis all different RS models etc etc and their is a WORLD of difference regarding safety and behaviour of the cars.

You can drive a Lambo sure, but it is not nearly as safe as a lets say Panamera GTS in bad weather conditions.

Should we even discuss this? Do you really claim that a 670SV is as safe to drive and has the same risk to slide of the road, as lets say a Audi RS4?

Well we are getting pedantic if we are saying an LP670 is inherently that much more unsafe than say, an RS4. The RS4, with a Torsen T3 center diff has 40% power to the fronts, 60% to the rear. This is in comparison to the Lp670, which has 25% to the front and 75% to the rears. The Panny is 31%/69% so it's actually more like the Lambo than the RS4. Audis awd system is the most overblown in the industry.

And guess what, all are shit compared to an H1, Range Rover, G wagen, GL350/450/550 (the GL63 has a shit awd system), or pick up truck with the proper dif locks and snows.

TL;DR Roy is right in saying with correct tires and AWD the LP670 is better than any car with wrong tires and RWD. fcuk an LP670 with snows is safer than the shit tires Audi throws on their cars from the factory.

Well we are getting pedantic if we are saying an LP670 is inherently that much more unsafe than say, an RS4. The RS4, with a Torsen T3 center diff has 40% power to the fronts, 60% to the rear. This is in comparison to the Lp670, which has 25% to the front and 75% to the rears. The Panny is 31%/69% so it's actually more like the Lambo than the RS4. Audis awd system is the most overblown in the industry.

And guess what, all are shit compared to an H1, Range Rover, G wagen, GL350/450/550 (the GL63 has a shit awd system), or pick up truck with the proper dif locks and snows.

TL;DR Roy is right in saying with correct tires and AWD the LP670 is better than any car with wrong tires and RWD. fcuk an LP670 with snows is safer than the shit tires Audi throws on their cars from the factory.

:iamwithstupid:

Correct tires are the SINGLE biggest change you can make to improve the safety of winter driving.

Increasing following distance, watching the rear view and as Roy says - being defensive and proactive behind the wheel - help manage the idiots on the road that are probably on All Season (or as I call them: All Compromise) tyres. But increased following distance and watching the rear view and anticipating and planning for the worst should be done all the time behind the wheel to be a safe driver (not just in winter).

I teach this stuff (car control and winter driving clinics) and we tell every class that putting proper winter tyres on the car makes the biggest difference whether you have AWD, FWD or RWD (of course AWD being the best). But even a RWD car with four good winter tyres is potentially better than a FWD car with all season tyres.

Technology has made great strides in winter tyre differences. It's not just about lug pattern. The compound is hydrophilic, and it stays soft in very cold temps. There are lots of tiny "cuts" called sipes that act almost like suction cups to increase grip on ice. These are some of the things that make a winter tyre more effective than an all season tyre.

Fully agreed !

Tyres are indeed the biggest factor.

This focus on the AWD system, and the % of front to rear is completely off the mark; that only has a big difference for proper off road driving With the right tyres, you can get almost anywhere with a RWD car as with an AWD car, given that you are only driving on roads that have been cleared of deep snow; so only packed flat snow.

Thing is, that the road is never perfectly flat, as you will have grooves, build up of snow packs, roads crossing etc; so what then counts is the road clearance and the suspension softness. The Lambo vs an RS4 ... RS4 wins that easily. An SUV, H1, RangeRover, etc, will have zero added benefit over a normal sedan on normal type road situations.

I dont really understand the pissing contest about whats better in the snow. Roy likes to drive lambos. Roy doesnt have to deal with salt. Roy puts snow tires on. End of story. Im sure his lambo, as it has done multiple years past, will do just fine. Not like its his first rodeo....

Thing is, that the road is never perfectly flat, as you will have grooves, build up of snow packs, roads crossing etc; so what then counts is the road clearance and the suspension softness. The Lambo vs an RS4 ... RS4 wins that easily. An SUV, H1, RangeRover, etc, will have zero added benefit over a normal sedan on normal type road situations.

:iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid: