Y'all cannot drive says Chris Harris

capt_chaos

Uninspiring cars? Come on I think that's a bit of a slap on the face for us supporters of the new Lamborghini, I feel uncomfortable for buying a new car and apparently supporting the dilution and the demise of the old Lamborghini. Where would Lambo be now without us? The new blood, in the dumps, where would Lamborghini be now without Audi?

I think we have to be realistic, you can not be stuck in the past there would be no advancement with that kind of thinking and attitude.

I am grateful for the changes because my favorite car manufacturer is still here and still making cars, we are still lovers of the past but we are moving on with the tide, the past is gone and bringing it back is a physical impossibility.

Sorry but these threads always irritate me, new is rubbish old is best, the Groundhog Day threads, it's called evolution, things move on, new developments are shaped by a myriade of factors, progress in technology, safety, market changes, development of new ideas, keeping up with your competition etc. etc.

I appreciate the past and respect it but in my nature I always strive to outdo it, it's called progress!

I am expecting more support and acceptance for the brand from a pure Lamborghini forum perhaps I am too idealistic or perhaps naive.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I appreciate what you are saying Fortis but do you honestly feel that lambo are producing the best product they can? A lambo with Porsche vava voom not get your juices flowing?

I have actually been a big supporter of Audi intervention on here in the past, yes they saved the company. But as a marque enthusiast, I just think they are producing a product that falls short of what they could do. I am not the only one.

As a none owner it is easy for me to comment, armchair quarter back the situation if you like and I do not take it personally if a owner wants to take me task on this but...

Style wise, yes, definitely Lambo are living up to their heritage but dynamics and reliability are different thing that lambo have been criticised by many - owners and journalists.

But VAG have Porsche in the family tree, now why can't there be knowledge and tech sharing between those two brands? As owners would you not want that?

Why are Lambo partnering Audi and not Porsche? What two brands are more alike? A brand with a heritage onf saloon cars or a brand with a racing and successful sports car heritage?

Take away the R8 and what would you use to join Audi to Lambo?

As Allan alluded to the other day when was the last time a Lambo V12 was out performed by a Ferrari V12?

I have seen issues on more than one car with blue tooth not functioning on the aventador and no bluetooth streaming on the Huracan but I can get that on a rental Skoda? Tell me how that is right? Why is there better quality control on a sub £18K car compared to £200+K cars?

As owners do you not think that something is amiss?

When I hear of things like that I think of Saab, whole of GM parts bin available to them and they wasted money trying to build their own bits and were the cause of their own demise, what makes Lambo different when they are actually using Audi parts and they are not working?

Sorry but you are incorrect I can stream via Bluetooth in the Huracan, the whole infotainment system is flawless, the speakers are rubbish, they should put some B&O in the car.

The car is the best I've ever owned and every owner will tell you that, yes it needs some more rawness but this isn't the model for that, that will come and I am sure it will be mental and VAG will get my money again! The bastards :icon_mrgreen:

The VAG partnership, look at this this way, Lambo was bought for peanuts, it was there for the taking, would you partner it with its direct competitor within your group? the competitor which brings the most amount of money per unit of any other car manufacturer out there, no you wouldn't, that would be a very dumb financial decision, so you partner it with a second tier brand within your group which has some involvement in motor sports, all these decisions are financial, you buy your competitors out and keep their products away from competing with yours.

I am guessing after VAG realized some success is possible after the release of the Gallardo they started looking more seriously at the brand, after the success of the Aventador even more seriously, the Huracan is a home run for them financially I am sure now they will be looking at the brand VERY seriously.

The biggest issue is, most of you guys are expecting this to be something it can not be, this is and will always be about money!

I agree with many points in this thread. As a company grows, financial performance becomes increasingly more important. Even with big VAG behind them, Lambo is too valuable now to risk it all on a potentially polarizing new model. They have to be safer than the wild old days but that's what the new guys like Pagani and Egg are here for. We still have the chance to get an amazing, unique work of art from a boutique mfr if that is the itch. Like kids, companies change as they grow and improve. At what age did you like your kids the best?

The other interesting thing is performance. I'm a big performance guy and have raced motorcycles and cars over the years so this is hard to say, but on the street, where we use these cars, most of the cars are close enough in performanc now. When I got the Huracan, the dealer asked if it was faster than my F12. When I told him no, he asked me if I still liked it! Of course, it's a fun car. Cars are becoming flavors, there are no right answers, just get what you like, what moves you.

I enjoy Chris Harris but could care less which car he enjoys drifting around a perfect F1 track because I don't drive like that on a surface like that, ever.

It's a great time to be a car guy, the competition has created a ton of killer cars!

I appreciate what you are saying Fortis but do you honestly feel that lambo are producing the best product they can? A lambo with Porsche vava voom not get your juices flowing?

I have actually been a big supporter of Audi intervention on here in the past, yes they saved the company. But as a marque enthusiast, I just think they are producing a product that falls short of what they could do. I am not the only one.

It's quite hard to answer your question, the short answer is yes, could they do better? hell yes! could Ferrari, McLaren, etc do better? Definitely!

But we have to be realistic, it won't happen in a hurry, they will never leave everything on the table, it makes no financial sense, they will always milk the market for all its worth, they all do it because they have to, shareholders can't take "good feelings" and bank them.

This is a battle between business and ideals, when Ferrari and Lamborghini started their goals weren't as much financial as they were building the dream, kind of what you see with Pagani at the moment, the original was sell to survive and do better and better, there were not as many design restrictions and safety concerns, there wasn't a great deal of competition.

Freedom of expression is great but nowadays there are so many factors which inhibits it, unfortunately these are the times we live in and to expect anything else is quite unrealistic, to cry about it is redundant, you are other in or you are out.

I deal with these kind of frustration on daily basis in my business, bureaucrats, "do-gooders", people who wouldn't be able to survive without their hand in my pocket are always telling me how I should run my business, what I can and what I can't do, my clear choice is to be out but if I have to be in the only choice is to accept the conditions which are imposed on me!

Think what these companies have to comply with, environmental, financial, safety, logistical, etc. etc. we aren't being realistic when we are complaining!

But Fortis, I am not being batshit mental about my points though am I?

Far from it but I think that ship has sailed!

Do you know what I would love?

A street legal Lambo which is 1000 kg wet, the size of the Huracan, all made out of carbon, fully striped out carbon and alcantara interior looking as mental as the Aventador, or even crazier, RWD or AWD (I wouldn't care), DCT, 650 to 700 HP, no stereo, no infotainment, I would need AC.

How much feet stomping, crying, screaming and complaining do you think it would take for me to get that?? Please let me know, I will promise to start today!

A street legal Lambo which is 1000 kg wet, the size of the Huracan, all made out of carbon, fully striped out carbon and alcantara interior looking as mental as the Aventador, or even crazier, RWD or AWD (I wouldn't care), DCT, 650 to 700 HP, no stereo, no infotainment, I would need AC.

How much feet stomping, crying, screaming and complaining do you think it would take for me to get that?? Please let me know, I will promise to start today!

The Sesto Elemento?

The Sesto Elemento?

Ohh you have no idea how much I would LOVE that!! I was sitting in the car thinking damn you Lambo why don't you just make this right now??!!

This is the thing, I think Lambo currently produce nearly products. But I genuinely believe that they have the ability to produce the above spec car. Volkswagen have just got to sort the leash out.

A bit of product tech sharing, some Porsche engineers to take a 6 month holiday, take in the lakes, a bit of wine and I think a modern day wow could be produced.

I mean when you think about it even outside of Audi ownership the company has turned down carbon fibre cars http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?...=51810&st=0

This is the thing, I think Lambo currently produce nearly products. But I genuinely believe that they have the ability to produce the above spec car. Volkswagen have just got to sort the leash out.

A bit of product tech sharing, some Porsche engineers to take a 6 month holiday, take in the lakes, a bit of wine and I think a modern day wow could be produced.

I mean when you think about it even outside of Audi ownership the company has turned down carbon fibre cars http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?...=51810&st=0

I think there were talks about them partnering Porsche, platform sharing etc.

I am just scared if they partner Porsche all the cars will start looking the same from now to infinity :icon_mrgreen:

I think they should offer RWD and AWD varients.. Just came back from a ride in my Murcielago.. Everything about the car feels so much more ponderous than in my SV..

I think they should offer RWD and AWD varients.. Just came back from a ride in my Murcielago.. Everything about the car feels so much more ponderous than in my SV..

It's weight, weight is the killer.

"It's better to burn out than to fade away..."

That being said, if the company continues to dilute itself as time goes on, which would have been better. Close up shop with an incredible legacy, or drag on just to make pay roll and make uninspiring cars and a dissolving legacy?

Ask the share holders what the answer to that question should be.

It's weight, weight is the killer.

No.. You can feel the additional effort required in all aspects, steering not as direct etc etc..

No.. You can feel the additional effort required in all aspects, steering not as direct etc etc..

I know exactly what you mean, wasn't a fan of how the Murci drove, not even it's insane looks could sway me and that's why I went for the Gallardo.

Ohh you have no idea how much I would LOVE that!! I was sitting in the car thinking damn you Lambo why don't you just make this right now??!!

They made some, tried selling it; it was a gigantic flop sadly. But considering the price, it wasn't a shocker.

They made some, tried selling it; it was a gigantic flop sadly. But considering the price, it wasn't a shocker.

I didn't know they've produced customers cars, where did you get your info from?

I think everyone in here as some valid points and it doesn't come down to right or wrong...it is about culture and what VAG wants. They have been slowly changing the culture of Lambo since they took over and maybe they over corrected a bit too much. I certainly dont think we have entered "better to burn out than fade away" status yet but it would be nice to see the baby lambo pay the bills and the flagship be a bit more sesto/egoista like.

Imho you can get over 600hp car to turn and to oversteer if you want, that is not real problem.

Lessen the toe and give it a bit of front camber, done deal.

I would like too something else than hexagons and million wings and winglets sprouting everywhere. Huracan goes to right direction on this Imho.

I didn't know they've produced customers cars, where did you get your info from?

It was common knowledge. Kris and Aaron went to Vegas to test drive them. Both passed because it wasn't US street legal. For sure some sold in the Middle East. There is a vid of one street racing, I think a Veyron, there.

It was common knowledge. Kris and Aaron went to Vegas to test drive them. Both passed because it wasn't US street legal. For sure some sold in the Middle East. There is a vid of one street racing, I think a Veyron, there.

Yeah, that 24 year old Qatari prince or king or whatever he is bought one. I honestly think he was the only one.

I know about the test drives but I thought they were done in the factory car which they were parading everywhere, I didn't know customer cars were built and ready for delivery.