Aventador vs 650S

m6power

According to his friend the 650s was tuned and cats were removed. But the owner stated it was stock. Their whole crew were a great group of guys and very down to earth. Good people.

I didn't think it was possible to tune a 650s yet. (I could be wrong)

also if cats were removed it would have been much louder.

I didn't think it was possible to tune a 650s yet. (I could be wrong)

also if cats were removed it would have been much louder.

Did Asscelerator make you write this? :icon_mrgreen:

My car isn't stock. It's tuned with a famous autosport exhaust system. All I can tell you is my car was running very strong. I was clocking 165-172 throughout the day. On this particular run I ran 171. The 650s owner was a previous Aventador owner and even was surprised how strong my car was running. I raced several other 12c mclarens and walked them every time. Maybe I'm just a beast at slapping those paddles lol

great race. if i got you right, your tune is just the exhaust or are you runing an other ecu aswell

what are the hp gains from your tune. I thought so far there was only the factory tune which gives some more power in the midrange but not more peak power.

What speed was the 650s clocking. I think as quicker you go as more should the power and gearing adventage of the aventador shine over the 650s on highspeed.

• 2 weeks later...

If they used the same driver to go around the track as the one they used in the drag race I am not surprised at the result, to me the most impressive car there is the RS6! I think if Audi decides to put the RS6 power plant in a R8 it will be quite scary, the RS6 is a monster and it's nearly 2 tonne :headbang:

I just saw this on McLaren life. it looks like these races can go either way depending on driver etc..

:icon_thumleft: looks like a well running Aventador is right up there with a Mclaren 650S, especially on a non-prepped surface like a runway. After 1.8km (~1.11 miles) and the Mclaren was 8/10th of a second ahead. I wish there was more data (1/4 mile, 1 km, trap speeds, etc). Good showing by both cars!

650S driver says MS109 fuel slowed his car down... who knows....

World's slowest 650S

Guy claimed he did a 7.7 second 60-130 mph.. that is not a quick McLaren sorry

Great run, way to go!

I've seen my friends MP4 race an Aventador, both had after market exhaust done. They were both neck to neck. Also another friends Novitec tuned Aventador with cats, exhaust and ecu tuned pushed out 761hp on dyno.

The Aventador needs to lose a tone of weight, I really don't get why they are so heavy, I mean I do but I don't! :icon_mrgreen:

Let's see:

- Heavy RTM carbon tub

- All of the body panels are not in carbon fiber

- Huge V12 in the back

- AWD system

Even with the SV that is due in 2015, 750hp with a 200lbs diet.......it still ain't going to be enough.

I thought the tub was very light but I agree the rest of the stuff it's all heavy.

Looking forward to seeing the SV I think it will be insane!

The Aventador's chassis is 60 kg heavier than the P1's. And we're talking about chassis that weighs 147 kg. That's a huge % higher weight.

650S chassis is close to P1's due to not having snorkel and battery integration reinforcement.

Then you add a AWD system, heavy V12, large surface area body, big wheels and tires.

It all adds up fast

The Aventador's chassis is 60 kg heavier than the P1's. And we're talking about chassis that weighs 147 kg. That's a huge % higher weight.

650S chassis is close to P1's due to not having snorkel and battery integration reinforcement.

Then you add a AWD system, heavy V12, large surface area body, big wheels and tires.

It all adds up fast

is the 650s and P1 close in weight & weight distribution etc?

Out of the current crop of off-the-rack super cars, in my experience the three fastest are all VERY close in straight line performance: F12, 650S and Aventador. Except for the Huracan, everything else is a ways behind.

• 4 weeks later...

Today, I drove a 650S for the first time and felt it was not as fast as my LP720. Just my seat of the pants opinion... The 650S is nevertheless an impressive car (and significantly faster than my former 2011 458 Italia!)