muscle car/hot rod question?

SV-N-IT

after going to sema and seeing some of those badass old camaros, chargers, cuda's etc. im getting the itch to build one.

just wondering if anyone on LP has any experience with ring brothers and roadster shop? I think those are some of the best builders. if you know of these two shops or any other good shops please let me know.

after going to sema and seeing some of those badass old camaros, chargers, cuda's etc. im getting the itch to build one.

just wondering if anyone on LP has any experience with ring brothers and roadster shop? I think those are some of the best builders. if you know of these two shops or any other good shops please let me know.

If you can find one built and with the bugs sorted out you will be happier.

Legendary Motorcar up in ontario canada has a few that customers blew their brains out ...like 300 grand and now they are tryin to sell it for 129 think and it's still new. I'll find the link

Here...

http://www.legendarymotorcar.com/site2/lis...arger-restomod/

Here's another one they have and I'm sure they have more not listed on their site.

http://www.legendarymotorcar.com/site2/lis...maro-resto-mod/

And here is my challenger restomod that I bought for 50 cents on the dollar with 200 miles on it.

After building 2 hot rods I was tired of blowing my brains out..pics of those too!

Ring Brothers build some absolutely insane stuff. Troy Trepanier (rad rides by Troy) and Bodie Stroud also do some fantastic work.

I kind of second what Sonny said, if you can pick one up already done I think you'll do a lot better in the long term. It's shockingly easy to get $300k and 18 months into these things and unless it's a huge award winner you'll take a bath on resale so bad it will make buying a new SL65 look like a great investment. I know cars are rarely money makers, but nobody wants to give away $150k if they can avoid it.

great info guys! I agree with the finding something already built part! (as long as it fits my style)

nice cars sonny!

I love this look!

post-2228-1416269604_thumb.jpg

post-2228-1416269619_thumb.jpg

Building one from scratch will put you in the weeds for money. You think exotics are expensive? :lol2: just wait.

You're on the right track buying a pre-built and make subtle changes to what you want.

And if you want something soon from the good shops, you'll have to get in line. A lot of them have long waiting lists.

Building one from scratch will put you in the weeds for money. You think exotics are expensive? :lol2: just wait.

You're on the right track buying a pre-built and make subtle changes to what you want.

And if you want something soon from the good shops, you'll have to get in line. A lot of them have long waiting lists.

this what I heard. 250k+ for a custom build from a good shop.

have you heard of roadster shop in Illinois?

I'll second what everyone else has said. I have a few friends who got into very expensive builds/restorations and total custom jobs, only to realize that the car was worth a 1/3rd of what they had in it when they got bored/wanted something new/needed funds/etc. a couple years (and in many cases, only a couple miles) down the line. There are some incredible bargains out there when it comes to hot rods, but like Destructo said, the more well known shops command the highest prices. I would think you'll definitely be better off finding something already done that you fall in love with, or that is close enough to what you want so that you can tweak it to your exact vision without having to start from scratch.

You have great taste so I'm curious what you'll end up with Bill. Looking forward to a badass update! :icon_mrgreen:

PS - That itch for an older restomod happens to me EVERY time I am at a car show and see a great build. Happened to me yesterday actually, when I saw this incredible machine that dougnshari is selling. :monkeyleft:

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=74191

Bill, Shoot SW (StreetKing) a PM, he's big into these things and I believe (not positive if he sold it or not) has a fcuking awesome 71' camaro for sale.

Bill, Shoot SW (StreetKing) a PM, he's big into these things and I believe (not positive if he sold it or not) has a fcuking awesome 71' camaro for sale.

on it! thx man

is his user name streetking?

This is a good dude right here. Big car enthusiast too. Some of his personal stuff is shit we would all die for. His street rods are supposed to be awesome. I haven't spoken to him in years though.

http://carsbyss.com/about_us.htm

Guys name is Steve White. Tell him I said hello if you speak to him.

call the boys at Ultimate Auto in Orlando as well. They build some pretty sick restomod cars, you probably saw a few at SEMA (their wheel choice usually leaves a bad taste in my mouth but the builds themselves are incredible).

24107-large_7622555732c1dd3f5939b-L_zps0

24186-large_06_zpsb9cd3cae.jpg

24127-large_12_zpsfe08d45a.jpg

754001-3-large_zpsb0a584c8.jpg

754001-17-large_zpsb48e3024.jpg

754001-23-large_zps5e3b59b1.jpg

754001-9-large_zpsdd7a1c6e.jpg

this what I heard. 250k+ for a custom build from a good shop.

have you heard of roadster shop in Illinois?

I have heard of the Roadster Shop. They've been getting A LOT more press within the past year due to their C10 autocross truck and the C10 Suburban build they made. A good shop, you'll pay big money, not the biggest there, but you might have to wait longer than you hoped.

I have heard of the Roadster Shop. They've been getting A LOT more press within the past year due to their C10 autocross truck and the C10 Suburban build they made. A good shop, you'll pay big money, not the biggest there, but you might have to wait longer than you hoped.

thx guys!

good point.

yeah I saw those builds, pretty cool!

that gopro sema Camaro is also insane!

Would you go restomod or stock? Like everyone else is saying finding a finished resto is the way to go to not take a bath. Original and rare is a pretty safe place to park money for a while though. Been jonesing for an old charger or Cuda myself lately.

that gopro sema Camaro is also insane!

This "Camaro"? Seems like a stepbrother of the Hoonicorn. Some really ridic restomods this year - Did you see the Optima Ultimate Street Cars booth??

post-59242-1416464723_thumb.jpg

This "Camaro"? Seems like a stepbrother of the Hoonicorn. Some really ridic restomods this year - Did you see the Optima Ultimate Street Cars booth??

post-59242-1416464723_thumb.jpg

love that Camaro! I believe it won the design award.

I would go resto mod, I want the muscle car 60/70's look with todays technology.

I don't remember seeing the optima booth, what cars did they have?