I think I need straight pipes

Luxeous

Went on a drive with a bunch of folks in Newport this weekend and ended up following behind a new Speciale. Literally it was so loud I could barely here my own car lol.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152209378549649

I have the original LOC exhaust on mine but I'm kinda thinking about keeping the primary cats but switching to more of a straight pipe configuration for a better 'F1' sound. Would that swap give me a pitch more like what I want?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Others may say different, but I believe straight pipes will just give you loud and won't help pitch. I believe the Kresseig will be closest to what you want:

I believe that it will be difficult to get that f1 high pitch because of the v12 opposed to the flat plane v8 the ferrari's have.

Others may say different, but I believe straight pipes will just give you loud and won't help pitch. I believe the Kresseig will be closest to what you want:

I believe that it will be difficult to get that f1 high pitch because of the v12 opposed to the flat plane v8 the ferrari's have.

:iamwithstupid: Kresseig or Powercraft are the closet I've heard. Google Powercraft and they have a good video with it on a 640 that sounds amazing. I've been leaning towards it myself.

From watching both videos, I prefer the sound of the Powercraft because it is not so high pitched. Just my opinion.

On a side note, on my old Murcie, I was running Larini 200 cel sports cats ceramic coated and a straight thru muffler that weighed just 7kgs. Most of the power is trapped at the cats and stock cats have a lot of heat build up.

Went on a drive with a bunch of folks in Newport this weekend and ended up following behind a new Speciale. Literally it was so loud I could barely here my own car lol.

I have the original LOC exhaust on mine but I'm kinda thinking about keeping the primary cats but switching to more of a straight pipe configuration for a better 'F1' sound. Would that swap give me a pitch more like what I want?

Fabspeed dollar for dollar best sound..

All the others are great. but are very very spendy.. Go with the fabspeed and you will not be disappointed in the sound..

Fabspeed dollar for dollar best sound..

All the others are great. but are very very spendy.. Go with the fabspeed and you will not be disappointed in the sound..

thanks Chad! We generally don't produce exhausts with the "high pitch" sound, but on the Murci with our high flow cats and x-pipe it really does sound amazing. I drove a customers 640 with our full exhaust from our shop in Philadelphia to his house in upstate NY and got a TON of compliments on the way. It also wasn't so loud that at the end of 4-5 hours I was in pain (although my back may say otherwise).

jump to 1:50

Yes go straight pipe. It was the best decision i have made. Check this out. And trust me this was filmed with my iphone which sucks balls. The sound in person is 10x better. People that hear it in person say it is the best sounding car they have ever heard.

Someone told me today that my Quicksilver is also made by Larini?

It came on the car which i just bought so i have no idea what type of QS exhaust it is but do they tend to have cats? I want it louder....

Someone told me today that my Quicksilver is also made by Larini?

It came on the car which i just bought so i have no idea what type of QS exhaust it is but do they tend to have cats? I want it louder....

you're going to hate the drone. trust me.

Powercraft sounds insane..for a more budget conscious, the fabspeed sounds great as well just not as demonizing as the powercraft.

Yes go straight pipe. It was the best decision i have made. Check this out. And trust me this was filmed with my iphone which sucks balls. The sound in person is 10x better. People that hear it in person say it is the best sounding car they have ever heard.

Video is private, can you unlock it?

I'm not too worried about drone as I have a roadster, I just want a higher pitch that is more F1 sounding.

Modo your car does sound really good. Remember when we thought my exhaust was stock next to your car? :crybaby2:

Here you go... I had to listen to again too. 😍😍

Those both sound awesome!

DAMN!! :headbang:

Video is private, can you unlock it?

I'm not too worried about drone as I have a roadster, I just want a higher pitch that is more F1 sounding.

Modo your car does sound really good. Remember when we thought my exhaust was stock next to your car? :crybaby2:

trust me drone is even harder to deal with in a roadster. Wait yours isn't stock??

I kid, I kid. Get a larini, good bang for the buck.