FS: 2001 6.0 VI

megachad

I love the car, I agree with ATL that color change is hurting it though. I think if this car was original in yellow or orange [no idea what color it originally was], it would have sold already. Don't get me wrong, the verde ithaca looks awesome, but I think most people think 'repaint' instead of all the labor and restoration that went into it.

Everyone that is actually interested in the car (and I have had offers over $150k) don't view the repaint as a negative. They, like me, view the repaint as an awesome change. A car with 50k miles was due for a respray anyways. It may not be factory yellow, but it is Verde Ithica and it was done very very well at the same time as a full resto that as mentioned was documented. So there are definitely some guys that view it as a negative, but the actual interested parties are just as excited about it as I was.

This car is not a collectors piece even though it looks it. It is a drivers car. By far the best one available at that. Whoever purchases this car, at any price, is not going to lose value and they are going to have 1 hell of a car to drive, show, and enjoy.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've driven the car quite a bit...we bought it from Limey when I worked at Premier...the car is strong, pulls hard and drives straight. It had a few quirks that hopefully got sorted. I think I read that the exhaust was redone which it needed to be adjusted. The mirror switch was wired in reverse, so up was down, left was right, etc...easy fix just required taking some time to do it. Most noticeable for me was the alignment of the door, it was off and caused the interior dome light to stay on for a bit and the alarm not engage when leaving the car...I think someone mentioned it was realigned and wasn't perfect, but better. The green piping faded to a more lemon lime color, which looks a touch off IMO. Nothing major wrong with the car, just some quirky things I think Chad has sorted.

I do think 175k is too much for the car, but I know what we paid for it from Limey so I have an unfair insight on that. I admit the 6.0 market is stronger now than then, but still, 175k is a premium for a car that needs a little sorting to be truly perfect.

All in all though, the car is super strong and presents very well. Whoever buys will be happy with the purchase. GLWS.

I guess I look at it as paying 175k for a car that is going to be worth more later....you may have a little less equity into it but it's not going down in price. Just like people posted in Countach threads about prices being way too high. And now look how many people are kicking themselves for not buying one. I think a lot of people are looking at the normal aspects of exotic car buying BUT in a sense of a depreciating aspect. I think the pricing is more than fair and the paint job someone will surely appreciate regardless if it's original.

I love the car myself but with those miles, and color change, I'm interested at a considerable cheaper price.

Beautiful car I just cant fall in love that much.

GLWS Chad!

Beautiful car.

I had a business opportunity present itself a couple of months back and considered to cash out on my Bull too. But then I looked at my new Bull, I decided to keep it and find another way to fund the new business adventure. So far, it's working out.

It's difficult not to think about selling our toys when it came to needing quick cash, but all those low ball offers also reminded me another reason why I don't want to sell the car either. Everything that is materialistic in life can be for sale for the right price. Don't let those low offers second guess your asking price.

Maybe consult with Roy in assisting with sale? He's excellent in these older models.

You have a gem there, your asking price is fine.

GLWS Chad!

Beautiful car.

I had a business opportunity present itself a couple of months back and considered to cash out on my Bull too. But then I looked at my new Bull, I decided to keep it and find another way to fund the new business adventure. So far, it's working out.

It's difficult not to think about selling our toys when it came to needing quick cash, but all those low ball offers also reminded me another reason why I don't want to sell the car either. Everything that is materialistic in life can be for sale for the right price. Don't let those low offers second guess your asking price.

Maybe consult with Roy in assisting with sale? He's excellent in these older models.

You have a gem there, your asking price is fine.

Thanks man. I appreciate that. Roy is good for sure. I have spoke with a couple other great sources as well. I felt the car was worth more than this, but they are the ones that helped me come to this fair price.. I appreciate your thoughts and I am going to stay fair with the right person. I do feel anything less than $150 is a lowball offer for sure.. Show me 1 other 6.0 on the market for that that is in anywhere near this condition.. There lies the real answer. The right person will come along and that person will get a very fair value for a great well documented driver friendly car.

Cough it up . . . what did they pay! :)

I purchased the car. Had the car go thru a PPI and was great and paid full price for the car. The 6.0 will is being picked up tomorrow and back in Florida next week :)