FS: 2001 6.0 VI

megachad

What a beautiful 6.0...but hey its missing a rear bumper..can i get a discount for that? :P

GLWS!

PRECISELY... HAHAHA.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would it not be easier to post the asking price...what's with the secrecy ?? Seems a bit sophomoric to me, just saying.

Would it not be easier to post the asking price...what's with the secrecy ?? Seems a bit sophomoric to me, just saying.

just for the sophomoric fun of it. :icon_mrgreen:

Anyone that truly wants the car, needs to actually talk with me about the price and the car.. If the car doesn't sell I can change the price at my discretion, but being this is a volatile market if the car doesn't sell and then all the sudden in the spring the market takes off i don't have a bunch of guys pointing back saying I should sell it for the previously listed price.. etc. etc.

This market is changing. The haters in the super car market will do everything they can to devalue a car at the same time.. That is why.

I have sold a lambo before. I am not even thinking about listing it on ebay, or autotrader, or other places..I want this car to go to a good home with hopefully someone I know on the forum at a price negotiated between them and I.. at that time, if they want to disclose the sales price or if they are ok with me doing so I can.

i am asking under $200k. Multiple Forum members have PM'd me and said don't ask less than $200k.. So I think I am offering it a fair price and someone that really wants it will get a good value negotiated between us.

I hope this answer is fair.

Anyone that truly wants the car, needs to actually talk with me about the price and the car.. If the car doesn't sell I can change the price at my discretion, but being this is a volatile market if the car doesn't sell and then all the sudden in the spring the market takes off i don't have a bunch of guys pointing back saying I should sell it for the previously listed price.. etc. etc.

This market is changing. The haters in the super car market will do everything they can to devalue a car at the same time.. That is why.

I have sold a lambo before. I am not even thinking about listing it on ebay, or autotrader, or other places..I want this car to go to a good home with hopefully someone I know on the forum at a price negotiated between them and I.. at that time, if they want to disclose the sales price or if they are ok with me doing so I can.

i am asking under $200k. Multiple Forum members have PM'd me and said don't ask less than $200k.. So I think I am offering it a fair price and someone that really wants it will get a good value negotiated between us.

Well stated

Fair enough, thanks for the reply. GLWS

• 2 weeks later...

The 6.0 has to be my runaway favorite Diablo, and the verde looks stunning. You've done some great work. GLWS! And good luck with the new venture!

Alright guys,, I'd like to see what the board thinks and maybe you all can help. If I say $175k takes it, That is fair isn't it?

Alright guys,, I'd like to see what the board thinks and maybe you all can help. If I say $175k takes it, That is fair isn't it?

With the exception fo this board, who know the complete restoration that it went through, most shopping online may worry about the mileage thinking its just been run a lot. Personally i think 175 is a great price considering how few 6.0's are out there. Any documentatino of Limey's resto job may help you keep that price up a bit higher.... Just my $.02

With the exception fo this board, who know the complete restoration that it went through, most shopping online may worry about the mileage thinking its just been run a lot. Personally i think 175 is a great price considering how few 6.0's are out there. Any documentatino of Limey's resto job may help you keep that price up a bit higher.... Just my $.02

thanks for the input.

IMO, that is insanely overpriced. I think the car would be a reasonable buy in the 130s, max (and I am probably being overly generous because I absolutely love the car).

I am also a cheap bastard . . . you asked the question.

chad, you have obviously done some market research.

I believe the 6.0 market has taken off in the last little while.

http://inventory.mgmsl.com/web/inventory/A...s/All_vehicles/

These guys sold 1 or 2 cars recently in the high 2 figure range and i believe the 5 k mile silver one is in the high 2's if not 3 figure range. Maybe im mistaken but dont quote me please i read it somewhere. If you give a quick call to Cats im sure he can tell you about the recent market sales figures of the 6.0.

The problem with your car is the Color change ( which some maybe value alot) but it takes away from its original state. The higher in price these cars go the more of a collector car they will be and hidden in a collection of cars that have little milage on them and are totally ORIGINAL.

Now to me your car is easily a 175k car since it has been gone over in GREAT detail and is VERY well documents with pictures. The color of it really appeals to me as it does to im sure plenty of people And I think you will do well with the sale. It might take a little bit of time but itll happen never the less.

GLWS

It's a sign, just keep it :icon_thumleft:

hahaha for sure

IMO, that is insanely overpriced. I think the car would be a reasonable buy in the 130s, max (and I am probably being overly generous because I absolutely love the car).

I am also a cheap bastard . . . you asked the question.

Ha, i did ask.. I love all opinions.. I know at $130k i wouldn't even have to finish typing this and it would be sold.

These guys sold 1 or 2 cars recently in the high 2 figure range and i believe the 5 k mile silver one is in the high 2's if not 3 figure range. Maybe im mistaken but dont quote me please i read it somewhere. If you give a quick call to Cats im sure he can tell you about the recent market sales figures of the 6.0.

The problem with your car is the Color change ( which some maybe value alot) but it takes away from its original state. The higher in price these cars go the more of a collector car they will be and hidden in a collection of cars that have little milage on them and are totally ORIGINAL.

Now to me your car is easily a 175k car since it has been gone over in GREAT detail and is VERY well documents with pictures. The color of it really appeals to me as it does to im sure plenty of people And I think you will do well with the sale. It might take a little bit of time but itll happen never the less.

GLWS

Great feedback thank you

Now to me your car is easily a 175k car since it has been gone over in GREAT detail and is VERY well documents with pictures. The color of it really appeals to me as it does to im sure plenty of people And I think ynd aou will do well with the sale. It might take a little bit of time but itll happen never the less.

GLWS

The last market trade for a "comparable" car was the yellow 6.0 that Roy sold with around 25k miles. That car did not have a "restoration" (which I actually believe hurts value in this case because these cars are not so old that a really nice example would require one). It also did not a have a repaint to a non-OEM-available color on the car -- it was a highly desirable pearl yellow form the factory. That car set at Roy's shop for 9+ months priced in the 150s and ultimately sold (I believe) below $140k. IMO that is a much more "desirable' car from the perspective of checking logical collector boxes. I would rather own this one and I am sure this is a better car but that does not always align with value. I stand by my $130s number for this puppy am sure someone would pay it immediately if the car were listed there.

The last market trade for a "comparable" car was the yellow 6.0 that Roy sold with around 25k miles. That car did not have a "restoration" (which I actually believe hurts value in this case because these cars are not so old that a really nice example would require one). It also did not a have a repaint to a non-OEM-available color on the car -- it was a highly desirable pearl yellow form the factory. That car set at Roy's shop for 9+ months priced in the 150s and ultimately sold (I believe) below $140k. IMO that is a much more "desirable' car from the perspective of checking logical collector boxes. I would rather own this one and I am sure this is a better car but that does not always align with value. I stand by my $130s number for this puppy am sure someone would pay it immediately if the car were listed there.

I have had dealers offer me more than that for it. So I think your assessment of value from 9 months ago is way off.

A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay. Asking price is only a #. Hopefully you come to a # that makes both people happy! Good luck!

I have had dealers offer me more than that for it. So I think your assessment of value from 9 months ago is way off.

Well, that is great market data that I now have and did not before. That is great news!

I absolutely love the car and hope you end up with a great outcome.

A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay. Asking price is only a #. Hopefully you come to a # that makes both people happy! Good luck!

agreed. Thanks Allan

Well, that is great market data that I now have and did not before. That is great news!

I absolutely love the car and hope you end up with a great outcome.

Thank you. The Diablo 6.0 market has gotten quite strong. The Roy Cats car sat for a while, when he did sell it there were 2 buyers wanting it. It seems when the faucet turns on, it happens quickly.

Chad, going to move this to Classifieds. Will leave a link here to get double exposure for you. Do you want the price in the title now?

GLWS man.

Chad, going to move this to Classifieds. Will leave a link here to get double exposure for you. Do you want the price in the title now?

GLWS man.

Porter, that would be cool. thanks man.

Porter, that would be cool. thanks man.

No worries, let's get this sold for you.

I love the car, I agree with ATL that color change is hurting it though. I think if this car was original in yellow or orange [no idea what color it originally was], it would have sold already. Don't get me wrong, the verde ithaca looks awesome, but I think most people think 'repaint' instead of all the labor and restoration that went into it.