Aventador prices dropping- check this out!

alpha6164

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imo, this car will wholesale at $300k or less.

I agree, as a dealer you'd want at least 20% in the car, by the time you account for potential issues, holding costs, buffer for a trade, cost of sale and profit you'd need to be around that percentage, I am guessing the dealer offered him around $270k since he gets to sting him for the roadster, normally I'd think a dealer would be somewhere around the $260k mark, so I'd say $285k to $290k would buy this in a heartbeat.

Will I think we all agree that the seller chose to sell on his own is because he'll get more selling it private than selling it to his Lambo dealer.

What I meant by "you can make money on this" is there is no other Av selling at $325K, $328K, shoot even at $319K, right? If someone snatches this one up for $315K at the asking price, then turnaround and sells it at $318K, isn't it still the cheapest Av listing out there? Then the next buyer will buy it because it is the cheapest Av available, voila...the first buyer just made $3K profit!

I'm not talking about $45K profit or anything, but if sold for $500 or even a $50 more than $315K the next round, then the second seller made a profit, no?

Whole point is, this is the cheapest Av available at this time period! Whom ever buys it, can still list this car for sale with a $3k mark up and it will still be the cheapest Av available.

Will I think we all agree that the seller chose to sell on his own is because he'll get more selling it private than selling it to his Lambo dealer.

What I meant by "you can make money on this" is there is no other Av selling at $325K, $328K, shoot even at $319K, right? If someone snatches this one up for $315K at the asking price, then turnaround and sells it at $318K, isn't it still the cheapest Av listing out there? Then the next buyer will buy it because it is the cheapest Av available, voila...the first buyer just made $3K profit!

I'm not talking about $45K profit or anything, but if sold for $500 or even a $50 more than $315K the next round, then the second seller made a profit, no?

Whole point is, this is the cheapest Av available at this time period! Whom ever buys it, can still list this car for sale with a $3k mark up and it will still be the cheapest Av available.

That I agree 100%. No question I have never seen an Aventador at this price. Let alone one that is wel sorted out which is the whole reason I even made this post ;) It was just a comment that this car sets the trend and new threshold for future sales. Right now all those 2012 Aventadors for sale in the $350k range must be nervous cause the 2012 cars will be out of warranty soon anyways so whether the car has 8k or 14k miles is kind of irrelevant since the clutch is read as almost new anyways.

There was a gray '13 3 months ago selling in low $300s that was advertised on this forum (apologies if it was a '12). The Avy market has a huge spread and is lumpy as hell. They are plummeting in value. Clearly multiple reasons but being out of warranty for the early models and the H coming out are moving the needle. Personally, I don't see rationale buyers paying much more than $300 for a 5k+ mile 2012 any more. I don't mean this negatively at all but we should probably work to adjust our views on value - eventually I will be able to afford one :)

One of the biggest reasons he is selling it on his own is the fact that he is in California. He did not lease the car so he has paid the taxes in full. In California, you get no sales tax credit when you trade (most states you pay taxes on the delta between new car price and trade value). So, if he trades, he gets wholesale for the car and loses all the tax money he paid, I would be he is trying to recoup as much of that as possible.

Seems like a good deal if you have someone that is looking to get in to a cheater car with some miles. I would bet the car runs as well, or better than, a comparable car with less miles. Seems like a ton of car for the money, but I don't know that I would go as far as to say there is money to be made, maybe a little but certainly not enough to have someone buy it to flip it.

Dealer must have been far under 300k, even at 300k trade in, he would have been at 318k with sales tax credit towards new car?

Rouleur mentioned no tax credit in CA.

Good! I'll buy another when it does!! :icon_super:

Come on man, let us poor ones pick one up when it gets in the mid $200s, You already have one dont be so greedy :)

All debates and jokes aside....

Isn't it weird that NO ONE has jumped on that $315K deal yet?!? That is one cheap ass Aventador!! Someone go snatch that baby up!!

Isn't it weird that NO ONE has jumped on that $315K deal yet?!? That is one cheap ass Aventador!! Someone go snatch that baby up!!

Keep in mind it is a "First Year" Launch production car. There were a LOT of upgrades to the 2013 MY cars. It is also NOW considered a 3 year old MY car, as the 15 cars are out and in less then 7 months the 16 MY cars hit.

For whatever it's worth, this car was first on eBay on 11/28 for $317k, so it's been for sale for over a month. I know the phase "should sell quickly" means something different in the realm of exotics, but if this was an unbeatable fantastic deal, you would think it would have been snatched up by now.

I'm curious at what price point this car would be a no-brainer purchase decision - $275k?

Keep in mind it is a "First Year" Launch production car. There were a LOT of upgrades to the 2013 MY cars. It is also NOW considered a 3 year old MY car, as the 15 cars are out and in less then 7 months the 16 MY cars hit.

As I have stated in the past, too many Aventadors being made and sold!!!! Lambo's sales success is going to turn into Owner's re-sale remourse!!!!!! Shouldn't the flagship car be made in lower volume to keep the misteque of the brand always in the highest perception????? I guess we will be revisiting 2007/2008 sooner than we think???? LOL!!!!!!

idk why people are so shocked. Early cars had low MSRPs. Can't compare an option-less old coupe to a new fully loaded 520K roadster. If this guy only loses 80K he is still doing relatively well.