Wannago Fast Ocala 1/2 event updates

Lambofan35

I love drag racing and it is a lot of fun. But if you want to go fast in the 1/4 why not just build a drag car for way cheaper? Look at how much money is in some of these GTRs that are running 7s.... You could go 7s for much cheaper.

I have a feeling the 233 was just the beginning... UGR has been testing quite a few new things lately that haven't been put into battle yet. 2015 should be pretty damn crazy.

Everyone just grab the popcorn.

Why would we buy a cheaper car to drag race with? Shouldn't spending more on or modifying a car actually give you a wider range of uses with that same car? At least that's the way I look at it. I expect more from a car that I modify. Tire swap and adding race fuel at the track should be the only requirement/inconvenience.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Were getting off topic here but I have a tube chassis car with a stock 200hp engine that runs 9's and a complete fiberglass body. I'd like to sell it for say $30k?

Heck if you give me $60K, I'll put a direct swap 1000hp motor/turbo out of another car at my house in the race car that will run close to 7's if not hit them.

That's less then a full built race transmission setup on a Gallardo :rolleyes:

10817833_553159548150967_1671243823_n.jpg

It can run 3's in the quarter and probably not be as desirable or cool as a 7 or 8 second Lambo/R8. At least in my opinion. ;)

Why would we buy a cheaper car to drag race with? Shouldn't spending more on or modifying a car actually give you a wider range of uses with that same car? At least that's the way I look at it. I expect more from a car that I modify.

When you get your 2500 hp r8 rolling and go to a race let me know and we will talk.

I feel a CTD 2.0 here.

No problem. What's a CTD 2.0?

Just a joke amongst long time twin turbo guys here.

What size turbos are on your r8? Any specs?

When you get your 2500 hp r8 rolling and go to a race let me know and we will talk.

I feel a CTD 2.0 here.

Here's a little video of me a little more than 10 years ago. That's Ivan Phipps's voice yelling out the 1520 number. You know who Ivan is right?

Just a joke amongst long time twin turbo guys here.

What size turbos are on your r8? Any specs?

Sorry no specs yet. We are working with 3 sets of turbo's. From 60 to 80mm ;)

Anyway let's get back on topic I feel like I did a hijack. Sorry guys. Just bothers me that GTR's and other platforms are running hard in the 1/4

No problem. What's a CTD 2.0?

I can vouch for him driving his Huracan very well.

His not a CTD BUT I still think a R8 into a reliable drag car will be tough. I can't wait to see the project details though!

Here's a little video of me a little more than 10 years ago. That's Ivan Phipps's voice yelling out the 1520 number. You know who Ivan is right?

Yes I know Ivan lol

Sorry no specs yet. We are working with 3 sets of turbo's. From 60 to 80mm ;)

Anyway let's get back on topic I feel like I did a hijack. Sorry guys. Just bothers me that GTR's and other platforms are running hard in the 1/4

Go right for the 80s!

Lambo was just not made to drag race from the factory. The tranny blows. If anyone has the resources they can make it happen though.

I've draged race my r8 and 570 over 100 passes total. The e gear blows. No matter what you do it will bog around 3k rpms and then go. Even if you use the LC it will take off and hold at 3k and then go again.

I've draged race my r8 and 570 over 100 passes total. The e gear blows. No matter what you do it will bog around 3k rpms and then go. Even if you use the LC it will take off and hold at 3k and then go again.

Sounds like you enjoy drag racing ;)

My R8 is not an E-gear or R-Tronic :)

Go right for the 80s!

Lambo was just not made to drag race from the factory. The tranny blows. If anyone has the resources they can make it happen though.

No production car was made at the factory to drag race. Not the GTR not the Supra or even a Zo6. Lambos were not built at the factory for 2000whp street rolls either. Kevin made that a reality for everyone though. Other firms did it for other platforms. The GTR trans would blow up completely stock. Remember that whole issue where they were voiding warranties on brand new cars with few hundred miles cause launch control was used? So to say that a Lambo can't be drag raced is a cop out. UGR got one good pass in and Heffner got a few good passes in but nothing consistent. Who ever is building the transmissions for these obviously needs more training or better hardware needs to be sourced or a new builder needs to be approached.

If you are 100+k into a full out build, wouldn't you drop a bit more and have a car that will be well rounded and perform well from a dig too? I sure as shit don't like when a LZ1 camaro rolls up to me at a light with a drag radial and I have to pretend that I don't see him. Thats just not right man. Now I'm depressed, I'm gonna go and have me a drink :(

No problem, if that's all that's holding you back, tell me how fast or quick you need to be in the 1/4 (within reason) and I will make it happen or it's free. What year is your Gallardo? When you want to get started on the build?;)

R8 6speed. You shall be receiving a pm from me with contact info soon.

What a joke that 1520 is.... for all of a second. Hardly what I would call impressive. If the curve was fuller then excellent. but that is piss weak.

What a joke that 1520 is.... for all of a second. Hardly what I would call impressive. If the curve was fuller then excellent. but that is piss weak.

I don't know how much of a joke it is but as you can tell from my reaction it meant little to me. You can't tell from the dyno graph because it's a mustang dyno which logged for a period of time and not from the moment you hit the button. This made the graph look more peaky than it actually was. It made that power for over 2000 rpm.

I agree with you it's not impressive. Dynos generally aren't impressive anyway.

Not impressive. Show us an impressive Dyno than and than back it up with multiple 8.40 passes at the drag strip. Anxiously awaiting your reply with a link to an exciting Dyno and a video of a8 or 7 second pass.

No production car was made at the factory to drag race. Not the GTR not the Supra or even a Zo6. Lambos were not built at the factory for 2000whp street rolls either. Kevin made that a reality for everyone though. Other firms did it for other platforms. The GTR trans would blow up completely stock. Remember that whole issue where they were voiding warranties on brand new cars with few hundred miles cause launch control was used? So to say that a Lambo can't be drag raced is a cop out. UGR got one good pass in and Heffner got a few good passes in but nothing consistent. Who ever is building the transmissions for these obviously needs more training or better hardware needs to be sourced or a new builder needs to be approached.

If you are 100+k into a full out build, wouldn't you drop a bit more and have a car that will be well rounded and perform well from a dig too? I sure as shit don't like when a LZ1 camaro rolls up to me at a light with a drag radial and I have to pretend that I don't see him. Thats just not right man. Now I'm depressed, I'm gonna go and have me a drink :(

I would love to see a real drag car with Gallardo/R8 V10 TT "X' Version engine combined with Liberty Gear's clutchless trans and pro-mod double railed chassis from Bickel/RJ/RCBC. Now that is money well spent. Question is what body should be used?

Not impressive. Show us an impressive Dyno than and than back it up with multiple 8.40 passes at the drag strip. Anxiously awaiting your reply with a link to an exciting Dyno and a video of a8 or 7 second pass.

Saad Saad has a real legit 6-Speed Supra that I witnessed in person pegged the dyno at 1500 rwhp back in 2007 and he backed it up at the track as you can see from the video. I think the platform is the closest to a real drag car from the factory. The engine, trans and rear-end is pretty much bulletproof from the factory.

Here's the 7 sec. run by SW's 6-Speed Supra (Streetking):

I apologize for re-directing this thread.

Can't one of you guys with money take UGR up on their offer? I certainly would if I had the dollars. I'm surprised that for all of the people with TT Gs, none of you want to try and go fast at the strip?

And sure you can go 7s for next to nothing these days in a stripped drag chassis but that's really not the point!

That 7 second pass by SW was on a 9" rear DSS center section not a factory rear end

Sorry but it's factory rear end and TRD differential.

Just out of curiosity why isn't this pass on DragTimes? Also was that at an event or drag night or track rental? Do you think a similarly set up car can run those times consistently?

There are many GTR's running 8's and a few in the 7's. Now they're running billet blocks and will probably only get quicker. It would be nice to see more of our cars at that level at the drag strip. Always thought you guys did great work and your cars' performance speaks for itself. It's always a pleasure watching people who are passionately committed to and capable of accomplishing their goals while raising the bar each time. I vote for making a 7 second street V10TT a reality.

I have drag raced for over 20 years. I doubt any of my 10,000 passes are on there. I have never bothered to look myself but maybe they are. Not sure how that works on posting times there. From what I recall, the only thing I ever broke at the 1/4 with a Gallardo is a stock diff and a stock half-shaft our first year or two of building Gallardos. We now have billet differentials, axles, billet transmissions builds and ETC.

Post up some pictures of your build and a 2500 HP dyno, would be cool to see. ;)