Huracan tested by Top Gear - Spoilers

falconsprint

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow impressive time. The Huracan is fast and a very useable exotic. I still prefer the Aventador though for the overall experience.

Funny fact I realized awhile back. The last 4 digits of my Huracan VIN is 0610, which matches the LP 610.

Actually our very own destructo has plenty... He is a humble yet mildly bearded beast, he will not divulge details but rest assured we have info provided to us that he has provided.

As for Mr Spirit. He has pms to attend to

Fair enough :icon_thumleft:

I'm suggesting that you not say that a moderator is giving you misinformation. That is all. It adds nothing to this discussion.

Lambo has given Huracans on Trofeo R in several other tests, notably at Hockenheim and Vairano. It is not unexpected for them to take the same tires to Top Gear.

You really need to take a grain of salt with Top Gear lap times, since tire technology keeps making leaps and bounds season after season. Even the old Michelin Pilot Sport Cups are no match for MPSC2. Corsas are really really not in the same realm as Trofeo R. It's not rocket science.

On a tight track with AWD and stickier tires, the Huracan is a weapon. That's all I'm saying. You can't make comparisons to cars on old rubber because like you said, they can simply swap tires to modern compounds

You shouldn't be suggesting anything, it's for me and Destructo to discuss what we want to discuss.

I will take advice from people who have first hand experience with the subject which interests me, if Destructo has it and doesn't want or can not publicly discuss I understand that, my opinion on the matter still stands until that was clarified, he doesn't need my approval on his claims so we both stand where we were before this discussion commenced, you on the other hand have no idea what you are talking about and I will tell you why, you did not see what tires were on the Top Gear Huracan, you have no idea whether the car was tuned or it's factory standard, you have no reference point but that doesn't stop you from making claims such as, on different rubber the car will be 1 second slower, claiming that the reason why the lap was achieved is because of the rubber used when in actual fact you have ZERO clue.

You might be correct in your ASSUMPTIONS but don't come here selling it as fact, that's all I am saying.

Stop preaching if you don't have definite proof that what you are saying is correct.

You did this in the past reason why your previous screen name was banned.

Funny fact I realized awhile back. The last 4 digits of my Huracan VIN is 0610, which matches the LP 610.

I picked that up when you emailed me the VIN, nice coincidence :icon_mrgreen:

Why do you spoil every Huracan thread on LP?

You come up with all sorts of nonsense and misinformation and suck the joy out of everything, you have zero knowledge of what rubber they used, zero knowledge of what time on that track at that particular time in those particular conditions a different rubber would make but that doesn't stop you from speaking rubbish and passing it as an expert opinion.

The entry level Lambo is kicking ass, we enthusiasts come here to read/share first hand opinions of those who drove/drive, own and test the cars not opinions from keyboard warriors who never sat in the car or even the cars who they cheerlead for, this place is turning into Lambo hater central, sad to see it.

Actually I don't ruin "every" Hurricant thread. I avoid the Huracan threads and section for the vast majority; unless I have a more than normal interest in the subject.

To be honest, i haven't/nor will I shy away that I don't like the car. Plain and simple, and I don't think it's as good as it could have been, or better than some of the competition; and I think the company has lost direction on what made it great and now is turning into the "Italian" division of Audi. I can't understand why you get so worked up about a differing opinion. You bought one, and love it. Great, go enjoy it!

As far as this place turning into "Lambo hater central" this place has more activity, members and owners than ever before. I for one, am happy to see LP thriving while others have dried out or fallen by the way side. And I don't see how that could happen if it was "Lambo Hater Central."

And as far as "nonsense, misinformation," and "zero knowledge" could you please provide some specifics where I've been wrong with factual evidence, and didn't admit it or try to correct it? I'm more than willing to admit when I'm wrong and wouldn't want to perpetuate wrongful information to the members here, that would be a disservice to the community.

And even though you're a thin-skinned egotistical shit, I'm glad you're here and a active part of he community. So from one asshole to another, don't take things so seriously.

Actually I don't ruin "every" Hurricant thread. I avoid the Huracan threads and section for the vast majority; unless I have a more than normal interest in the subject.

To be honest, i haven't/nor will I shy away that I don't like the car. Plain and simple, and I don't think it's as good as it could have been, or better than some of the competition; and I think the company has lost direction on what made it great and now is turning into the "Italian" division of Audi. I can't understand why you get so worked up about a differing opinion. You bought one, and love it. Great, go enjoy it!

As far as this place turning into "Lambo hater central" this place has more activity, members and owners than ever before. I for one, am happy to see LP thriving while others have dried out or fallen by the way side. And I don't see how that could happen if it was "Lambo Hater Central."

And as far as "nonsense, misinformation," and "zero knowledge" could you please provide some specifics where I've been wrong with factual evidence, and didn't admit it or try to correct it? I'm more than willing to admit when I'm wrong and wouldn't want to perpetuate wrongful information to the members here, that would be a disservice to the community.

And even though you're a thin-skinned egotistical shit, I'm glad you're here and a active part of he community. So from one asshole to another, don't take things so seriously.

Pretty sure Fortis was referring to Asscelerator/TogueSpirit...

Wow impressive time. The Huracan is fast and a very useable exotic. I still prefer the Aventador though for the overall experience.

Do you still love the DSG? I know you were a huge proponent of the DSG for the Gallardo replacement. Now its here and you prefer the Single clutch in the Aventador? Not trying to come across as an ass, just curious about your thoughts on both.

Your Huracan is now worth 10% more. :icon_mrgreen:

I'm sure some crazy collector would be willing to pay big $$$ for your Huracan for that reason alone :lol2:

My post wasn't even addressed to you but hey whatever makes you feel special.

I will not stoop to your level calling you all sorts of names, I am very relaxed at the moment and you are just not worth the effort, enjoy being miserable :icon_thumleft:

My post wasn't even addressed to you but hey whatever makes you feel special.

I will not stoop to your level calling you all sorts of names, I am very relaxed at the moment and you are just not worth the effort, enjoy being miserable :icon_thumleft:

:icon_thumleft:

th.jpg

That exchange went well...

Not very often that I'll see a moderator calling himself names :)

I like this site even more :icon_mrgreen:

IMHO, for the looks and money (and above) nothing touches Huracan right now.

There was one particular corner where the car got amazing traction out of in comparison to other cars I've seen run that track. That surprised me more than anything else. Driver did seem to get it a bit crossed up in the second to last corner. Anyone else think the time could actually be faster than what they recorded? Or do they just show one of the few laps they do on the day and report the fastest lap time?

TopGear can whine and contradict themselves, but the G proved that they need such a segment to keep the company strong. They moved from making to selling once Audi took over out of pure necessity more than a decade ago. The last completely un-economical hand-built parts went on the Diablo and even then the shift was already well underway to create a long-term competitive manufacturer vice a boutique car business. The Huracan can't somehow be the turning point for the company after they sold a record 14,000 Gallardos and all-of-a-sudden they're doing it wrong. It might not be the Lambo for me, and that's perfectly ok because I know it's the right Lambo for plenty of people and I believe we're going to witness an exciting life cycle for this bull in the coming years. Kids like the H too, so that's a good sign. Of course I'd like every Lambo to be more over-the-top than it is, and my gut tells me they could indeed get away with making more extreme features, but hey, I'm not the expert, so have at it Lambo...make what you need to make.

That exchange went well...

Not very often that I'll see a moderator calling himself names :)

I like this site even more :icon_mrgreen:

Being an asshole and being ok with it is rule one of LP Mod club.

TopGear can whine and contradict themselves, but the G proved that they need such a segment to keep the company strong. They moved from making to selling once Audi took over out of pure necessity more than a decade ago. The last completely un-economical hand-built parts went on the Diablo and even then the shift was already well underway to create a long-term competitive manufacturer vice a boutique car business. The Huracan can't somehow be the turning point for the company after they sold a record 14,000 Gallardos and all-of-a-sudden they're doing it wrong. It might not be the Lambo for me, and that's perfectly ok because I know it's the right Lambo for plenty of people and I believe we're going to witness an exciting life cycle for this bull in the coming years. Kids like the H too, so that's a good sign. Of course I'd like every Lambo to be more over-the-top than it is, and my gut tells me they could indeed get away with making more extreme features, but hey, I'm not the expert, so have at it Lambo...make what you need to make.

How dare you apply common sense to the whole discussion? Complaining about a business run by capitalists, located in a capitalist country in a capitalist market that their intentions are to increase their bottom line by developing and marketing their product in such way is juvenile at best, those who do that should be handed a free ticket to their mother land N. Korea. they better hurry because those places are becoming scarcer by the day, I wonder why :eusa_think:

I don't care who you are and where you are the main goal of your day to day activities revolve around you doing things in order to put bread on your table, unless you believe the tooth fair owes you something and you are waiting for her to deliver.

There are many types of buyers, looks like the whole market is content with what they are given, new cars sell better than ever (they must be doing something right) older cars start to get the appreciation they always deserved, even older cars are becoming highly sought after and becoming the classics they deserve to be, new cars will be the classics of tomorrow because things go around in the same circle as they've been going for generations, I don't understand why some are lacking the acceptance, either way I think I've reached a certain maturity level in my life where I am done trying to save the world and unfortunately learning to accept that the world is quite full of assholes and there isn't a God damn thing I can do about it :icon_mrgreen:

Doing my best not to become one but it's getting harder by the day! LOL

This place is turning into Lambo hater central, sad to see it.

It used to be a lot worse a few years ago. When the LP560 came out, I think 70% of the initial response was negative. Lots of angry drunks expecting +200hp, -500kg and Pagani styling addenda, bemoaning the 'fact' that Lamborghini was an unprofitable stinkhole during the company's biggest boom period.

Or that's my memory of it, at least.

It used to be a lot worse a few years ago. When the LP560 came out, I think 70% of the initial response was negative. Lots of angry drunks expecting +200hp, -500kg and Pagani styling addenda, bemoaning the 'fact' that Lamborghini was an unprofitable stinkhole during the company's biggest boom period.

Or that's my memory of it, at least.

True, but I believe Lamborghini was only first profitable in either April of 2012 or 2013 I believe? So yes, it was an unprofitable stink-hole :lol2: