Huracan tested by Top Gear - Spoilers

falconsprint

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't suprise me, convinced from my seat time Huracan is faster than Aventador except on a very open track. Also it wouldn't suprise me if it's quicker between 30-160 but I've not had a proper go yet as my car just got here.

One thing that I noticed immediately was is massively faster than the test car that I drove in the Summer and the handling is also more agressive, both of which make me a lot happier with it. I'll write it up when I've put some proper miles on it.

I wouldn't read too much into topgear track times, it's the worst track ever and lots of different drivers so not that comparable.

Gumpert was rwd, 650hp in most powerful iteration, propably lighter noticeably and with better airo but still on that track 4wd is massive equalizer.

I belive the Apollo S is about 800bhp, weighs about 1200kg and has a shit tonne of downforce. Was a couple of years ago it was tested, and like someone mentioned tire technology has come a long way since.

Doesn't suprise me, convinced from my seat time Huracan is faster than Aventador except on a very open track. Also it wouldn't suprise me if it's quicker between 30-160 but I've not had a proper go yet as my car just got here.

One thing that I noticed immediately was is massively faster than the test car that I drove in the Summer and the handling is also more agressive, both of which make me a lot happier with it. I'll write it up when I've put some proper miles on it.

I wouldn't read too much into topgear track times, it's the worst track ever and lots of different drivers so not that comparable.

Topjay congrats on your purchase, looking forward to your write up.

Exactly, the original veyron time was not a "true time."

Bugatti would not provide them with a car so they had to use a customer car which was purchased from an independent dealer not far from where Top Gear is shot. That car also bumped its side skirt on a petrol pump just before filming hence there is a dent in it. They are not going to go all out in a customer's million pound car are they?

Then when they had the support of the factory they obviously went for it.

Looking forward to your write up.

from my experience (which isn't much) on the track the trofeo R vs corsa's are night and day. it really changes a car on braking, cornering, exit, entry etc and gives the driver a lot more confidence. (atleast in my case)

either way I do like the huracan, I just think a SL version is needed asap!!

Let's just say I have friends in very connected positions that from time to time discuss subjects of mutual interest.

:jackoff:

:icon_mrgreen:

Valid or not, for the marketing department of Lamborghini this is a huge result. It should end any doubt that the Huracan can compete on performance with the 650S and the 458. Top Gear has always given McClaren every chance to prove itself on its test track. I'm sure the 650S will post a comparable time.

I'm worried that the Speciale will post a blazing time. MPSC2's are even stickier than Trofeo R

its ok. the new 675R will handle any light duty lol

So many weapons ... I guess the SL really is needed sooner rather than later ...

Don't forget the rumoured M-458t... This will leave the Huracan to be the only NA car in the segment though

Don't forget the rumoured M-458t... This will leave the Huracan to be the only NA car in the segment though

I was thinking the same...

Let's just say I have friends in very connected positions that from time to time discuss subjects of mutual interest.

So you have no idea, I thought so :icon_thumleft:

Why do you spoil every Huracan thread on LP?

You come up with all sorts of nonsense and misinformation and suck the joy out of everything, you have zero knowledge of what rubber they used, zero knowledge of what time on that track at that particular time in those particular conditions a different rubber would make but that doesn't stop you from speaking rubbish and passing it as an expert opinion.

The entry level Lambo is kicking ass, we enthusiasts come here to read/share first hand opinions of those who drove/drive, own and test the cars not opinions from keyboard warriors who never sat in the car or even the cars who they cheerlead for, this place is turning into Lambo hater central, sad to see it.

So you have no idea, I thought so :icon_thumleft:

Actually our very own destructo has plenty... He is a humble yet mildly bearded beast, he will not divulge details but rest assured we have info provided to us that he has provided.

As for Mr Spirit. He has pms to attend to

I'm suggesting that you not say that a moderator is giving you misinformation. That is all. It adds nothing to this discussion.

Lambo has given Huracans on Trofeo R in several other tests, notably at Hockenheim and Vairano. It is not unexpected for them to take the same tires to Top Gear.

You really need to take a grain of salt with Top Gear lap times, since tire technology keeps making leaps and bounds season after season. Even the old Michelin Pilot Sport Cups are no match for MPSC2. Corsas are really really not in the same realm as Trofeo R. It's not rocket science.

On a tight track with AWD and stickier tires, the Huracan is a weapon. That's all I'm saying. You can't make comparisons to cars on old rubber because like you said, they can simply swap tires to modern compounds