Roadsters vs Coupes

szabo_martin

You were obviously doing it wrong, just a tip for next time, ass goes on the seat!

It was in the seat till Modo tried to get us murdered by a motorcycle gang.

It doesn't look quite as bad on your color or darker colors since it blends a little better. But the brighter colors like orange, green, yellow, etc... They just can't pull it off. With the top off though, they all look stunning.

:iamwithstupid:

szabo, the colour combo on your roadster is likely the best one there is to compliment the top. But for prominent colours and with silver wheels, having the top on is just hideous. The car was designed from day one to remain topless all the time.

I agree that with practice, the top can go on fairly quick; but that almost universally applies to all things that require practices.

And just to set the record straight, your car looks great!

Thanks VCR :) I guess on a VI or Orange the top is a bit too much of a contrast and does look a bit like I "sits" on top. Haha def on a hot day in traffic they can get a touch warm with the massive engine right behind you, but I find Lambo did pretty good in the Murci as far as heating and ac goes. Even when it's cold out the heat seems to come from below u and works pretty well.

Szabo your picture inspired me to try and put my top on for the first time today haha. Took about 15 minutes as I watched a youtube video while doing it to make sure I was doing everything correctly; now I think I could probably do it in around 5 minutes. Surprised that I actually still had a lot of headroom and I don't think it looks too bad lol.

Lp640topon.png

^ Come on, you car is in Monterey Blue, it looks good in whatever, wherever and whenever. :icon_mrgreen:

Seriously, dark tinted windows and black wheels likely offset the negative effect. It doesn't look too bad but it's not even remotely close from being topless.

I LOVE my roadster. The top is immaterial to my enjoyment of the car. I use the top solely for storage over the winter months. Where I live (where exotics are more uncommon), there is absolutely NO WAY these cars could be left parked anywhere, top or no top, for even a second unattended. I think the car looks the best with the top off, I have more visibility with the top off, and of course the engine sound is amazing with the top off. I never even considered a coupe when I was looking to buy.

YYEEAAAHHH Luxeous...nice work! Once you get a technique down it's not so bad... unfortunately in Canada I have to take the top everywhere since I could get rain, or wind with dust in the summer..... as Webster mentioned the roadster is made for SoCal.... :) That's why my Roadster is vacationing there.... now if only I could find a way to join it permanently

• 2 weeks later...

one thing i noticed when i was shopping for a Murcie .....was that the interior on the Coupes were ALL in much nicer condition then the Roadsters ... don't get me i love the roadster ....but everybody leaves the top off ALL the time .... because it looks better and is a pita to be fuzzing with .....thus the interiors showed the wear :(

• 4 weeks later...

I own a GTR for shitty weather. I own a Lambo Roadster so my Soul can freely transverse in and out of the car as I fly the friendly sky... whoops, I mean drive.

Lambo Roadster is the only way for me...Enough said.

image.jpg

1185125_10151550035287121_1945566452_n.jpg

• 6 months later...
Owned that orange 640 roadster for a couple of years. Never once put the top on it here in So Cal. IMO, the roadster is made for So Cal.

Luckily I live in SoCal, patiently awaiting delivery of a white roadster. I thought about getting a coupe but my 2 others have topless options (16M and CGT), and nothing beats it. With the top down in these cars, the visceral driving experience is exhilarating!

Szabo your picture inspired me to try and put my top on for the first time today haha. Took about 15 minutes as I watched a youtube video while doing it to make sure I was doing everything correctly; now I think I could probably do it in around 5 minutes. Surprised that I actually still had a lot of headroom and I don't think it looks too bad lol.

Lp640topon.png

Every time I see your car I have to look at it for five min. It is stunning. :icon_thumleft: