Window Tint issue

WIEisME

Greets Gents,

Was wondering if anyone else was dealing with this issue with window tint....

Got two marks in basically the exact same spot on both windows where the tint is damaged. I know of 2 other aventadors with the same problem there has to be a solution to this issue or are these 3 cars the lucky few. All 3 have been tinted by different companies so i do not believe its installer error.

Yup, this is an issue that I've seen happen to a few Aventadors. Paging Vbugking.... He can tell you more than I can about a possible solution at the dealer.

fwiw, Ted @ EVS motors in Houston is the king of lambo window tint, even on the little plasticy parts we're not supposed to tint. I have full windshield tint on a G and no problemos. he's done the same 360 degree treatment on aventadors with the huber optic i think. anyway, find him at www.evsmotors.com

I know exactly what you're talking about. it's a small round hole about midway back on the window iand about 1" down from the top. The bolt on the actuator for the door is about 1-2mm too long to allow for tint. I actually talked to Lamborghini about it and they sent new bolts, 2 mm shorter and was able to get them to install them at no charge after several discussions. The bolts have a left-hand thread so it's not something they can just go out and get at a local shop. I did however have to pay for a re-tinting my windows.

I know exactly what you're talking about. it's a small round hole about midway back on the window iand about 1" down from the top. The bolt on the actuator for the door is about 1-2mm too long to allow for tint. I actually talked to Lamborghini about it and they sent new bolts, 2 mm shorter and was able to get them to install them at no charge after several discussions. The bolts have a left-hand thread so it's not something they can just go out and get at a local shop. I did however have to pay for a re-tinting my windows.

NO SHIT!!! I had mine fixed twice! I thought I was hitting it with my watch! Yayy Lambopower!!! I'm not a moron!!!!!!

Could you just grind off 1-2mm off the original bolts instead?

NO SHIT!!! I had mine fixed twice! I thought I was hitting it with my watch! Yayy Lambopower!!! I'm not a moron!!!!!!

Glad I'm not alone on it... the first time I thought I had caused it.. paid to redo it then it happened again in the exact same spot! Ran into a buddy who had the exact same issue... I knew there was a problem after that!

Glad to find a solution... thank you very much Scotty!

Could you just grind off 1-2mm off the original bolts instead?

Yes, if you have a left hand thread tap.

Greets Gents,

Was wondering if anyone else was dealing with this issue with window tint....

Got two marks in basically the exact same spot on both windows where the tint is damaged. I know of 2 other aventadors with the same problem there has to be a solution to this issue or are these 3 cars the lucky few. All 3 have been tinted by different companies so i do not believe its installer error.

Mine had this too! The dealer fixed it took part all the doors and there was a screw that was sticking out too close to window so when window was down the vibration was making the window hit the said bolt. So they ground it down pout it back to gather put on new tint and voila fixed. No issues ever again.

It is the upper rear mounting bolt for the window regulator that hits the window and damages window tint. Happens most when door is closed with windows down.

The bolt can be removed and cut down 2-3 mm then we put felt over it to make sure it dose not happen again. Have been doing this for years on Aventador's

• 5 months later...

Scotty, would you mind telling what part number needs to be replaced? I just picked up a new Roadster with tinted windows with same exact issue. Lambo Las Vegas will retint but I want them to fix bolt issue and if I have part info., then they can fix it correctly. Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer.

Scotty, would you mind telling what part number needs to be replaced? I just picked up a new Roadster with tinted windows with same exact issue. Lambo Las Vegas will retint but I want them to fix bolt issue and if I have part info., then they can fix it correctly. Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer.

I will call on Tuesday and get the part number

Thank you so much! I put deposit on a SV and then couldn't wait and pulled the trigger on a VI Aventator Roadster that I'd had my eye on for a few months. Tinted windows with the same scratches as described by you and others. Thanks to your post I knew what was going on. It would be very helpful for the dealer to know what they're looking for when they open up the door. Thank you again, in advance.

Thank you so much! I put deposit on a SV and then couldn't wait and pulled the trigger on a VI Aventator Roadster that I'd had my eye on for a few months. Tinted windows with the same scratches as described by you and others. Thanks to your post I knew what was going on. It would be very helpful for the dealer to know what they're looking for when they open up the door. Thank you again, in advance.

Congrats on the new ride!

image012_2.jpgimage021_2.jpg20150905_192035.jpeg

image022_2.jpg

Pics courtesy of LB LS

Couldn't help myself. Did another Verde Ithica. Carbon Fiber accents galore! Worked with Tom Brazil at Lamborghini Las Vegas. Very nice and easy going gentleman. Class act all the way. Sorry for the duplicate pics; can't figure out how to delete duplicates on my phone app.

20150905_192035.jpeg

20150905_192035.jpeg

20150905_192035.jpeg

image015_2.jpg

image022_2.jpg

image022_2.jpg

Congrats! Not much better than a VI Aventador. Did you keep the LP as well?

Congrats! Not much better than a VI Aventador. Did you keep the LP as well?

Not enough room in the garage since hubby bought himself a Lamborghini as well :) the same day I bought mine (different dealer). Unfortunately the LP640 has to go by the time new one is delivered in a few weeks.

If anyone is interested, I've got it as a trade in to dealer, but am willing to sell it for market value, to a private party. It's in pristine condition and loaded with CF--engine bay and full CF interior. PM me if interested. No low ball offers, as I've already negotiated a reasonable trade in.

• 3 weeks later...
Not enough room in the garage since hubby bought himself a Lamborghini as well :) the same day I bought mine (different dealer). Unfortunately the LP640 has to go by the time new one is delivered in a few weeks.

If anyone is interested, I've got it as a trade in to dealer, but am willing to sell it for market value, to a private party. It's in pristine condition and loaded with CF--engine bay and full CF interior. PM me if interested. No low ball offers, as I've already negotiated a reasonable trade in.

Congrats on the new beast!

Congrats on the new beast!

Thank you. I want to say I love the A, but I'm not quite sure yet. I definitely miss the LP640...the rawness of it, the simplicity of it. I wish I had room to keep it, because I think driving that was a completely different experience than the A.