Apple Watch

ToofDoc

I hope they end up making a true sport model with a polymer type case (vs current sport's case of aluminum). Many sport watches from Garmin, Timex, Polar, Suunto, etc. already go for several hundred dollars depending on the model, and I would think that apple could push into that arena. Also would be nice to have some type of solar cells built within the face/case to alleviate some of the battery concerns. I plan on getting one of the current sport models, but I'll probably end up beating the snot out of it and I hope it will hold up...

I think the ss with the sapphire case will be more sturdy. I foresee protective cases in the aftermarket very soon.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in a meeting this week with one of the largest CE manufactures in the world reviewing their wearable lineup. All market data states that watches will overtake standard wrist wearables.

The data and research is incredibly strong, with the smart watch market projected growth to be up 234% this year and 67% in 2016.

Largest smart watch age group is 25-34 (41%), and males take up 79% of the that 41%.

Also what was very interesting is that income has had zero play in the market, with almost 50% of owners making

I'm almost embarrassed to be part of that demo. Personally it has zero appeal to me, but then again I think people talking to Siri in public look like assholes. :thefinger:

Am I reading this right... the rose gold is $12 fcuking GRAND? :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

I'm sure they will sell a gazillion of them, which unfortunately means I have wildly over estimated the intelligence of the general public.

I'm almost embarrassed to be part of that demo. Personally it has zero appeal to me, but then again I think people talking to Siri in public look like assholes. :thefinger:

Am I reading this right... the rose gold is $12 fcuking GRAND? :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

I'm sure they will sell a gazillion of them, which unfortunately means I have wildly over estimated the intelligence of the general public.

Ouch. Realistically, after using the demo one for ME, it will have a lot of utility. I need an accurate watch and having it on my wrist hands free is good, plus the calendar function , grocery list function, to do list function, nav function all on my wrist will be very useful. More useful than having them on my wrist. The exercise functions I can use. Quick messaging I can use.

Its been a fun time to be alive to see how these Apple products have developed beginning with the iphone. Criticized initially for not having any buttons...who ever heard of a phone without any damn buttons? Now?

Then the ipad: Criticized for not having any really useful application that could not be duplicated with a good "smart" phone and a laptop...That thing wont work, I have a smart phone and a laptop if I need a computer. Apple already tried a tablet and it sucked. Hell every tablet that has ever come out has sucked, this is going to be a big flop... Now?

It will be interesting to see if the watch can or will do the same thing. Tons of reasons not to have one, but there also seems to be many useful and or fun applications for one as well. Will it have the same tech revolutionary legs as the iphone and ipad? Not sure, but it will be fun to watch!

Me and my friend were talking yesterday how instead of people checking out their phones as a means to "look away" during awkward social situations, people will now be staring at their wrist. This birthed the idea of the ISlap. Viral video coming soon. :D

I initially thought the iPad won't be of much use, boy was I wrong, 95% of my web browsing and 90% of my computer work is done on an iPad, I couldn't possibly live without one, as for the watch, the only reason I wouldn't have one is because I don't wear any jewelry, watches (very rarely), rings, chains, bracelets, etc. so I can't see myself buying one for that reason alone but never say never :icon_mrgreen:

I initially thought the iPad won't be of much use, boy was I wrong, 95% of my web browsing and 90% of my computer work is done on an iPad, I couldn't possibly live without one, as for the watch, the only reason I wouldn't have one is because I don't wear any jewelry, watches (very rarely), rings, chains, bracelets, etc. so I can't see myself buying one for that reason alone but never say never :icon_mrgreen:

Don't you have a fancy watch collection?

Don't you have a fancy watch collection?

That doesn't mean I have to wear them :icon_mrgreen:

It's not a collection, I have a few watches but almost never wear them, I can't get used to wearing things on my hands, rings in particular, I can't stand them.

I use a iPad to read work documents, because the web browsing is absolutely just awful and it prevents me from procrastinating.

I bought 6. Only received two. Purchased two for myself (gold for luxury and aluminum for gym) two for wifey (steel and aluminum) one for mom and assistant.

Regarding platform, i forsee many returns and exchanges, HOWEVER, me personally, I LOVE THIS WATCH. Being able to put my phone down and speak to my wrist over the phone, is enough to justify the purchase. Also, the fitness apps are amazing, not to mention my polar has similar pulse readings as the watch

I always liked the bmw iPhone app and good to see they have modified it for the watch.

Porsche have also got something in the pipeline for the watch and their hybrid models.

Would be nice is lambo dragged their backside into this century and started to embrace this.

How do you like it?

First impressions: the battery life is pretty good. It's at 50% as we speak and I took it off the charger at 7AM EST. (currently 8:45PM)

I like the fitness and "reminders to stand up" aspect. I still need to go for a run or really do some hardcore fitness to test it out but I need to buy a sport band.

I've been in a seminar the past two days and it's been great for quick glances of all the notifications that I've chosen to see (email, texts and a few other standards).

The actual watch faces customization is great. Being able to put the weather, world time and calendar events is extremely helpful.

Siri is extremely accurate.

The apps currently need some work. Sort of slow to load as they are basically being mirrored on the watch. Native 3rd party apps are coming so I expect that to get better.

The actually quality of the watch is fantastic. Fits perfectly and looks great.

First impressions: the battery life is pretty good. It's at 50% as we speak and I took it off the charger at 7AM EST. (currently 8:45PM)

I like the fitness and "reminders to stand up" aspect. I still need to go for a run or really do some hardcore fitness to test it out but I need to buy a sport band.

I've been in a seminar the past two days and it's been great for quick glances of all the notifications that I've chosen to see (email, texts and a few other standards).

The actual watch faces customization is great. Being able to put the weather, world time and calendar events is extremely helpful.

Siri is extremely accurate.

The apps currently need some work. Sort of slow to load as they are basically being mirrored on the watch. Native 3rd party apps are coming so I expect that to get better.

The actually quality of the watch is fantastic. Fits perfectly and looks great.

:iamwithstupid: spot on! I have the sport band and haven't worn any other watch since it arrived lol im hooked!

I always liked the bmw iPhone app and good to see they have modified it for the watch.

Porsche have also got something in the pipeline for the watch and their hybrid models.

Would be nice is lambo dragged their backside into this century and started to embrace this.

I just picked up a 15 X5M and I saw it comes with a bmw app etc. this should be awesome paired with the watch/phone!