Waterrower, Anyone use it or own one ?

fmari

10?

I made it five and had to stop... Today I got 6. I may be up to ten by next month....

And I hear ya on the splayed legs thing... Except for me its because of my gigantic cock and balls....

Good thing I wasn't drinking coffee, I'd have spit it all over my computer. We have occasional rowing activities in crossfit and it's a major pain in the ass!!

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So... Update... I love this fcuking thing... Im up to 45 minutes, not frog legging any more, and lost damned near 30 pounds...

Im a bad, bad man...

Behold a rare roman sighting in the wild....

RST1.jpg.jpg

So... Update... I love this fcuking thing... Im up to 45 minutes, not frog legging any more, and lost damned near 30 pounds...

Im a bad, bad man...

Cool shades, which model of RB are they?

Im a bad, bad man...

Im a bad, bad man...

post_2783_1438269801_thumb.jpg

Yo, Adrian get me a beer!

• 1 month later...

So... 45th birthday...

Managed this:

11986595_10204835062503038_309636678034903630_n.jpg

And for our European friends:

11987021_10204835061943024_5682567679443625525_n.jpg

6 miles/ 9.67 KM in 61 minutes.

You sure know how to party! :icon_mrgreen:

Happy birthday! :drunk: :drunk:

Work first... Party later!

At my age I have to prepay for fun...

• 1 month later...

I just ordered a Concept2. I'll see how it goes. I started racing BMX bikes a couple weeks ago and am getting my ass kicked by people 10 years older than me that do triathlons and 30 mile mountain bike races.

It was a toss up between the Waterrower and the C2. I went with the C2 because even though it has a larger foot print when in use, it breaks down in two and it only weights 57 pounds total, compared to the 118lbs+ of the Waterrower when filled, which does not break down. C2 is lighter, more mobile, cheaper (model D).

RD, are you generally working towards a specific time or distance, when you do your workouts? i.e. "I'm going to row for an hour" or "Im going to row for 6 miles."

Great job, btw!

Castor, we at least got it easy compared to RD. 8 torx and the machine was fully assembled in less than five minutes. Unpacking took longer than assembly. Currently sweating after ten minutes on this thing. I like it. We'll see how long that lasts.

RD, are you generally working towards a specific time or distance, when you do your workouts? i.e. "I'm going to row for an hour" or "Im going to row for 6 miles."

Great job, btw!

I typically go for time...

I like to do at least 30 minutes, but there are days I can only fit in 20.... Most of the time I hit about 40-45 or so... Sometimes a full hour.

But Ive also started to work in distance as a measurement...Im trying to keep strokes/min between 30-34. That results in a mile in about 9 minutes... Which is an ass kicker. 28/min is pretty leisurely...

Oh... And the other thing Ive started..

I do 30 minutes rowing and some free weights lifting at home.

Then I hit the gym and row 15 mins, stair climb 15 mins, and treadmill 20 on their machines... (and lift on the nautilus) And then swim a dozen or so laps...

Castor, we at least got it easy compared to RD. 8 torx and the machine was fully assembled in less than five minutes. Unpacking took longer than assembly. Currently sweating after ten minutes on this thing. I like it. We'll see how long that lasts.

Cool, mine will be here Tuesday.

• 1 month later...

Couple weeks in on My Concept 2. I originally bought it because I started racing BMX bikes to have fun and get involved in something more healthy than drinking beer/whiskey, smoking cigars and playing golf.

I was getting smoked on the track mainly dude to poor conditioning. If old dudes my age don't show up, then I have to race younger kids who would blow my doors off even worse.

When I started I was probably finishing 1/4 lap behind the pack. Since then I starting doing 10 miles on the bike around the hood and 45 minutes on the C2, five days a week (15 500m sprints.)

I have not lost any weight because my diet is pretty terrible. But my conditioning has vastly improved. Went from getting my doors blown off, to mixing it up and grabbing podiums. If I would clean up my diet, I'm sure weight would fall off.

Last two weeks, two podium finishes. Next I need to start shedding weight.

The Erg is an f'ing torture device and I hate it. But I can't deny that it brings results if you put in the work.

post-5221-1450047107_thumb.jpg

post-5221-1450047128.jpg

• 1 year later...