So who ordered an SV?

FEVIPER

Great write up!

If I am reading correctly my incoming roadster is going to appear like Kate Upton topless - had to read the write up a few times :)

Back to reality - seems a few of us have the CGT and believe the seat is 15 1/2 the comfort seats probably makes more sense especially in a roadster to stubborn to change plus I love the look and will suffer with a smile.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the comfort seats probably makes more sense especially in a roadster to stubborn to change plus I love the look and will suffer with a smile.

Same. Plus it's a SV - it must have the race seats :)

I just sat in both seats. My P1 has a large seat. It originally came with a standard seat and I could barely get into it. The large seat is 1 1/2" wider. I measure from inside at the hips 15 1/2" P1 seat and 15" SV seat. P1 seat is deeper at the outside of hip so more comfortable. SV seat is shorter in that area. I just drove for a little over 100+ miles and my hips are sore from the location of the pressure. I have to get used to it and can move around a little to make adjustment. Again I am not small by any stretch of the imagination. I have race cars and like the race bucket feel for performance driving. I think the SV is a great car. It is much easier to drive than I expected. The steering has great feel and weight to it, much better than the light feel of Ferrari IMHO. The Gem is the engine, it has it all. Great sound, fast revving, lots of power and a nice crescendo at the top. It feels very sharp, not quite as sharp as the V10 in the CGT but not far behind. For me being 6"2" the roof front and side is very low. I have to bend buy neck to get my head in. Mclaren is much easier to get into. While driving you quickly learn not to pull all the way to stop lights because you can't see them above the roof. It is also hard to respond to all the great comments people make because you can't see them they are above the roof. I am extremely happy with the car. Can't wait to drive it more. I friend of mine who's SV is at the dealer not delivered yet just asked me about the P1 vs the SV, I told him the P1 is Giselle Bundgeon and the SV is Kate Upton.

How is the transmission? Have you tried a standard Aventador so you can compare?

Same. Plus it's a SV - it must have the race seats :)

Completely agree

Guess it depends on what's in the garage and ones mood / state of mind.

Who puts a velour running suit on Kate Upton when there is a perfectly good thong. :)

transmission is great. The revs on the downshifts are nice and aggressive. I have driven mostly in Sport mode. I have not tried Corsa yet. In strada and auto it goes up through the box smoothly. Sometimes it will change down when you don't expect it to. Not that most owners will drive it in strada/auto but it is usable. Much more so than my 430 scuderia was. Manual upshifts at low rpm are slow in strada, better as you gain rpm. I don't think the transmission is a liability like had been described for the regular car. I think it fits the character of the car very well.

transmission is great. The revs on the downshifts are nice and aggressive. I have driven mostly in Sport mode. I have not tried Corsa yet. In strada and auto it goes up through the box smoothly. Sometimes it will change down when you don't expect it to. Not that most owners will drive it in strada/auto but it is usable. Much more so than my 430 scuderia was. Manual upshifts at low rpm are slow in strada, better as you gain rpm. I don't think the transmission is a liability like had been described for the regular car. I think it fits the character of the car very well.

nice! just curious, on a beautiful sunday afternoon meet up with the guys for a quick blast through the hills, do you grab the keys for the SV or P1?! ;)

I am going to a cars and coffee on Saturday and my friends want me to bring the P1, I wanted to take the SV. I will be driving the SV more now, I can't get the sound out of head. P1 I have driven quite a bit and had on the track. I also had MP4-12C before and have the McLaren 12C GT Sprint, so very used to Macs. Lambo is all new to me and the SV is just so much Fun. Laugh out load while driving.

I am going to a cars and coffee on Saturday and my friends want me to bring the P1, I wanted to take the SV. I will be driving the SV more now, I can't get the sound out of head. P1 I have driven quite a bit and had on the track. I also had MP4-12C before and have the McLaren 12C GT Sprint, so very used to Macs. Lambo is all new to me and the SV is just so much Fun. Laugh out load while driving.

:icon_super: nice! I cant freakin wait! mazel tov!

Thank you, I drove a regular Aventador yesterday and I hate to say it but for me the transmission ruins the car :(

The car is absolutely stunning from every aspect but I wish it had a DCT, it would be an absolute weapon, the tranny is certainly the weak link!

If the transmission in the SV behaves the same I don't think I would want the car.

I wish I could test drive the SV but that's not going to happen so I will just have to take a punt on it based on reviews.

Thank you for your feedback.

Great write up!

If I am reading correctly my incoming roadster is going to appear like Kate Upton topless - had to read the write up a few times :)

Back to reality - seems a few of us have the CGT and believe the seat is 15 1/2 the comfort seats probably makes more sense especially in a roadster to stubborn to change plus I love the look and will suffer with a smile.

Order Comfort and I will trade you my seats since they are both Sid!! :)

Thank you, I drove a regular Aventador yesterday and I hate to say it but for me the transmission ruins the car :(

The car is absolutely stunning from every aspect but I wish it had a DCT, it would be an absolute weapon, the tranny is certainly the weak link!

If the transmission in the SV behaves the same I don't think I would want the car.

I wish I could test drive the SV but that's not going to happen so I will just have to take a punt on it based on reviews.

Thank you for your feedback.

[/quote

Its more sorted for sure, but don't expect night and day. I love the way it drives though.

Order Comfort and I will trade you my seats since they are both Sid!! :)

Imagine there would be a web of wiring for the electric seat heater etc.

If you are serious will inquire to the dealer but after the last change just about signed in blood stating any more changes will cause later delivery.

Imagine there would be a web of wiring for the electric seat heater etc.

If you are serious will inquire to the dealer but after the last change just about signed in blood stating any more changes will cause later delivery.

Settle down D, you can change whatever in your order until a build date has issued by the factory and I know for fact you don't have one yet so change/mod any options you want! Also changing your options prior to a build date will not cause a later delivery.

:icon_super: nice! I cant freakin wait! mazel tov!

and add a L'chayim!

Yes there are a few sprinkled around the midwest :)

I really enjoyed the MP4 for my dd but when it struggled in the cold had to trade it - the dealer wouldn't even consider trading it or brokering it which made me furious cancelling the P1 thoughts and grabbed a CGT.

Miss the great group of guys on Mclaren Life - small world.

Settle down D, you can change whatever in your order until a build date has issued by the factory and I know for fact you don't have one yet so change/mod any options you want! Also changing your options prior to a build date will not cause a later delivery.

To be nice - give it a rest.

So there are 600 Kate Upton and 500 topless Kate Upton. This world just got better

To be nice - give it a rest.

I will continue to correct you when you offer incorrect info from your salesman. You have any issues with that, you have my number, we can chat offline. We appreciate as correct information as possible on this forum.

jdcohenmd:

Would you mind post some close up picture of the "carbon flooring" for us at your convenience? Much appreciated! Congrats on an awesome car.

and add a L'chayim!

Yes there are a few sprinkled around the midwest :)

I really enjoyed the MP4 for my dd but when it struggled in the cold had to trade it - the dealer wouldn't even consider trading it or brokering it which made me furious cancelling the P1 thoughts and grabbed a CGT.

Miss the great group of guys on Mclaren Life - small world.

yep me too! good guys, but not like here!

if I make one more change my dealer will kill me, literally ;)

I am driving them nuts...

yep me too! good guys, but not like here!

if I make one more change my dealer will kill me, literally ;)

I am driving them nuts...

I am new still but on Mac Life there were factory contacts that were active on the board - pretty cool if you know who I am referencing.

Being a small company had it's benefits plus we were all in the same boat vs decades of owners.

Good to see another salesman in pain - I am sure they have internal jokes about SV buyers - scratch that I guarantee it!

I will continue to correct you when you offer incorrect info from your salesman. You have any issues with that, you have my number, we can chat offline. We appreciate as correct information as possible on this forum.

Oh Sweetie we both know you know more than anyone - the in crowd at Lambo HQ must be hawt!

19877429744_b648c532cc_o__1_.jpg

jdcohenmd:

Would you mind post some close up picture of the "carbon flooring" for us at your convenience? Much appreciated! Congrats on an awesome car.

Here is a picture.

[/quote

Its more sorted for sure, but don't expect night and day. I love the way it drives though.

Thank you, it might just be a matter of getting used to it.