C7Z wrecks..

Vegasgtr

thats not a nice feeling, i did that in a Porsche 930 turbo S, I only hit one car head on 1/4 hit, and sideswiped 4 more in a row. nobody was seriously hurt, scared the shit out of me, car got loose-game over.

That won't happen when the mid engine 2018 C8 POS hits the streets!!! I may be risking committing heresy and probably becoming an outcast but I think the C8 is going to take the POS to a whole other level!!

Dare I say that if the C8 is as good as "they" think it is this could be a first step to finally joining the big boys!!

26781876-flame-resistant-suit-fire-protective-clothing.jpg

Okay I'm ready.....

That won't happen when the mid engine 2018 C8 POS hits the streets!!! I may be risking committing heresy and probably becoming an outcast but I think the C8 is going to take the POS to a whole other level!!

Dare I say that if the C8 is as good as "they" think it is this could be a first step to finally joining the big boys!!

26781876-flame-resistant-suit-fire-protective-clothing.jpg

Okay I'm ready.....

I hope it does not look like this....

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/2017-...ing-for-feature

what a disaster if it looked anything like that, if they are going mid-engine, it should be a new car, forget anything from the POS, who the hell has the same car with front and mid-engine options? it's bizarre...

at the end of the day they should just give up, they'll never top the new Ford GT design or even the old one......

Was he doing launch - or were the shifts manual? Can anyone tell if that's the automatic tranny?

Just curious.

I have never launched my own car (or anyone else's except the P-Turbo at the Porche school) and this is one of the reasons why. Maybe there was something loose on the road and when the car shifted the tires didn't grab equally (broken traction on one side?) and the car turned....

It happened fast enough it looks like injury might have resulted. A shame.

Yesterday I instructed a 1/2 day DE at our local track. Two new Zz06 in attendance with relatively newbie drivers. No incidents - everyone left in one piece. I was asked to get into a race prepped Cayman S. Driver was excellent - very smooth and fast and I signed him off solo (I was second instructor to okay him to solo).

In addition to the ZZ066's there was a new C7 base, a ZL1 Camaro, a new Z28 Camaro not to mention twin turbo Porsche Race car in NOVICE GROUP!!! Several cars were trailered to the track. That NEVER used to happen for a 1/2 day DE.

Chief instructor's comments: "KEEP A LID ON IT". We used to see 200 HP cars at the DE. Now folks show up with these monsters and it makes you take pause before getting in the right seat. Most folks are respectful and want to learn the skills but some just wanna go fast in their new toy. Everyone wants to go home in one piece but some don't realize there is a set of skills needed to go fast - and bad stuff happens on occasion.

Was he doing launch - or were the shifts manual? Can anyone tell if that's the automatic tranny?

Just curious.

I have never launched my own car (or anyone else's except the P-Turbo at the Porche school) and this is one of the reasons why. Maybe there was something loose on the road and when the car shifted the tires didn't grab equally (broken traction on one side?) and the car turned....

It happened fast enough it looks like injury might have resulted. A shame.

Yesterday I instructed a 1/2 day DE at our local track. Two new Zz06 in attendance with relatively newbie drivers. No incidents - everyone left in one piece. I was asked to get into a race prepped Cayman S. Driver was excellent - very smooth and fast and I signed him off solo (I was second instructor to okay him to solo).

In addition to the ZZ066's there was a new C7 base, a ZL1 Camaro, a new Z28 Camaro not to mention twin turbo Porsche Race car in NOVICE GROUP!!! Several cars were trailered to the track. That NEVER used to happen for a 1/2 day DE.

Chief instructor's comments: "KEEP A LID ON IT". We used to see 200 HP cars at the DE. Now folks show up with these monsters and it makes you take pause before getting in the right seat. Most folks are respectful and want to learn the skills but some just wanna go fast in their new toy. Everyone wants to go home in one piece but some don't realize there is a set of skills needed to go fast - and bad stuff happens on occasion.

he engaged LC which means stability was still on. Car is a manual and i am not sure if he power shifted and car got a delay and went right..

I have owned a few high HP vettes , all OEM tires on these cars are flat out dangerous.FIrst upgrade i do is tires..

he engaged LC which means stability was still on. Car is a manual and i am not sure if he power shifted and car got a delay and went right..

I have owned a few high HP vettes , all OEM tires on these cars are flat out dangerous.FIrst upgrade i do is tires..

:iamwithstupid:

MPSS made my car a COMPLETELY different car. I can almost get full traction from a first gear roll now-just spins at the top of first. 2nd gear it hooks completely which was SPIN CITY on OEM Goodyears.

MPSS made my car a COMPLETELY different car. I can almost get full traction from a first gear roll now-just spins at the top of first. 2nd gear it hooks completely which was SPIN CITY on OEM Goodyears.

yep! goodyear tires were garbage on my car.. run flats in general are dangerous.

Agree. We ditched the Goodyear Eagles that came on our zzzooo6. Put on MPSS. Never launched but awesome grip for a street tire you can drive on the track, and in rain without white knuckles.

Hard to believe that happened going straight on a 1-2 shift with stability control on. It's actually hard to believe it happened at all. Crazy.