Cassiopeia wheels

Saabkid900T

sooo, i just managed to get my hands on a set of gallardo cassiopeia's. i dont really know much about them.. one of them has a small hair line crack and i wanted to know what theyr made of and the best way to go about getting it repaired.

also, i wanna know all you lambo guys thoughts on putting lambo wheels on other cars. i was over on the viper forums and they pretty much said i wasnt welcomed because i wanted to put my first gen rt/10 wheels on something other than a viper. hopefully you guys are a little more welcoming.!

• 2 weeks later...
Does the small crack affect air pressure? If not,'you may Live it alone

If my wheel is cracked it isn't going on a beater civic let alone an exotic. Last thing I want is a catastrophic failure of a wheel at 50...let alone 150.

also, i wanna know all you lambo guys thoughts on putting lambo wheels on other cars. i was over on the viper forums and they pretty much said i wasnt welcomed because i wanted to put my first gen rt/10 wheels on something other than a viper. hopefully you guys are a little more welcoming.!

Great question, I have just managed to get hold of the tank tracks off a Sherman tank and I was going to fit them on a Miata

• 2 weeks later...
Great question, I have just managed to get hold of the tank tracks off a Sherman tank and I was going to fit them on a Miata

thats clearly alot of sarcasm but i think it looks exceptionally good.

11745645_10207088633874248_7070201698687060225_n.jpg

11745400_10207088632274208_1792620729537559011_n.jpg

Can you post a pic of the crack? I have a guy in NJ who is a magician with cracked wheels. You can't even tell where the crack was after he is done with it.

Looks great; but I wouldn't consider putting a cracked rim on any car regardless of circumstance...

:iamwithstupid:

That is death wish

Can you post a pic of the crack? I have a guy in NJ who is a magician with cracked wheels. You can't even tell where the crack was after he is done with it.

there are 3 hairline cracks on the inside lip. so getting them fixed i wouldnt have to have the front touched at all which is good

crack1.jpg

crack2.jpg

crack3.jpg

crack4.jpg

oh no definately not going on untill i get the cracks fixed. i just threw them on for a test fit.

Those rims are a dim a dozen.....buy a straight one. Slap a "fixed rim" on your car and when it fails you crash and god knows what happens. Assuming you survive....enjoy the litigation while your sipping through your feeding tube.

Fixing cosmetic damage from say a scrape is one thing. Cracks are structural.

BTW those rims are incredibly strong, I've destroyed my passenger front and rear when I hit some rubble on PCH. Both were punched in, but they never cracked.