Pinball and arcade machines

Allan-Herbie

Im thinking I want a Sopranos Pinball. A Playboy Pinball. I think they have three versions of the Playboy, I think I like the 50th Anniversary one the best. Thinking a driving game, like San Francisco Rush 2049, and some sort of shooting game.. Then I need my candy area..

Didn't you get that all in one arcade machine a while back? Did it turn out to be a fun/quality piece?

Didn't you get that all in one arcade machine a while back? Did it turn out to be a fun/quality piece?

Yes. Its awesome! 24,000 games

Im mainly into pinballs. I have owned arcade games in the past, but they are not worth much. The shooting games are fun. The coolest game was T-Mek by Atari. It had 32 bit graphics and awesome sounds. Shook my house. You sit in it and play against up to 8 people. Oh yeah, the Daytona USA with full sized car is BAD ASS. I had one and should have kept it!

I have had about 150 pinball machines. I love to repair the circuitry in them. It keeps me thinking. I will play a game for a period of time and then decide to keep it or flip it. My "keeper" list is 4-6 pinball machines. My current list is:

-The Black Knight 2000

-Bride of Pinbot

-Hurricane

-Simpsons Pinball Party

Here is the top 100 list, and it is pretty accurate! If you find one on ebay, you can have it shipped across the country with STI for $300-400.

https://pinside.com/pinball/top-100

The sopranos is OK. It was a not real quick and didnt have many unique features. Out of the playboy machines, the first one by Bally looks cool, but its crap to play. I would get the last version.

Im trying to choose from this list right now:

-South Park (vulgar edition)

-Space Shuttle

-Tales from the crypt

-Earth shaker

-Black Hole

-Class of 1812

-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

-Roller Coaster Tycoon

Knowing your hobbies, I would recommend that you get High Speed. Very fun and has a countach on it!

I almost picked up a Tales from the Crypt but grew tired of playing it at the local place pretty quickly. So far my favorite is Metallica LE... but I do enjoy playing a nice Guns N' Roses pin... guests visiting like music Pins more also it seems. If I could find a really nice GNR in quality condition I'd jump on it.

I also have an order on The Big Lebowski machine... I think I'm 57th in line. I'm excited for that one.

That big leboski looks bad ass!

I think the new ones are pretty cool, especially the band themed. But, I like to go through the top 100 list and pic out the top 90s and 80s pins. They just have so much more character to me!

I guess Im a bit old school though. Last week I was playing some old reel to reel recordings and smelling the tubes burn.

Im mainly into pinballs. I have owned arcade games in the past, but they are not worth much. The shooting games are fun. The coolest game was T-Mek by Atari. It had 32 bit graphics and awesome sounds. Shook my house. You sit in it and play against up to 8 people. Oh yeah, the Daytona USA with full sized car is BAD ASS. I had one and should have kept it!

I have had about 150 pinball machines. I love to repair the circuitry in them. It keeps me thinking. I will play a game for a period of time and then decide to keep it or flip it. My "keeper" list is 4-6 pinball machines. My current list is:

-The Black Knight 2000

-Bride of Pinbot

-Hurricane

-Simpsons Pinball Party

Here is the top 100 list, and it is pretty accurate! If you find one on ebay, you can have it shipped across the country with STI for $300-400.

https://pinside.com/pinball/top-100

The sopranos is OK. It was a not real quick and didnt have many unique features. Out of the playboy machines, the first one by Bally looks cool, but its crap to play. I would get the last version.

Im trying to choose from this list right now:

-South Park (vulgar edition)

-Space Shuttle

-Tales from the crypt

-Earth shaker

-Black Hole

-Class of 1812

-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

-Roller Coaster Tycoon

Knowing your hobbies, I would recommend that you get High Speed. Very fun and has a countach on it!

I saw the High Speed. Looked cool. I I just dont want to go too old school where its not challanging enough. I love the Sopranos and figured that would be a good fit. The Playboy one seems interesting as well..

I saw the High Speed. Looked cool. I I just dont want to go too old school where its not challanging enough. I love the Sopranos and figured that would be a good fit. The Playboy one seems interesting as well..

High Speed is great! It is more difficult than Sopranos, a lot better!

Keep in mind, keeping the old games running can be a challenge. Hard to get parts :(

Marco pinball has most of the mechanical parts anymore. They, and mouser, carry many of the chips / boards too. I repair the boards myself. I have several thousand chips at my house, most of which are easy to get. Some of the RAM and ROM are more expensive now ($5 instead of $0.05). I have a few hundred various ROMs and have a UV eraser and chip writer. I flipped about 150 machines in the past 2 years. I was repairing $300 boards for $0.05 ;-)

Here is a nice Sopranos with free shipping:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sopranos-custom-pi...=item5413ea623f

I like the white trim on it. Its a pinball vendor, so I bet you can trust that it is nice. Many collectors are overboard psychopaths on the condition, so I bet this one is nice.

These guys are more expensive, but they know their stuff:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PLAYBOY-PINBALL-MA...=item4d374ca44b

Here is a nice Sopranos with free shipping:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sopranos-custom-pi...=item5413ea623f

I like the white trim on it. Its a pinball vendor, so I bet you can trust that it is nice. Many collectors are overboard psychopaths on the condition, so I bet this one is nice.

These guys are more expensive, but they know their stuff:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PLAYBOY-PINBALL-MA...=item4d374ca44b

Ive been watching both of those machines. Would love to just find a reasonable local company that I can walk in, buy it, and have them deliver it..

Check this out, saw the grand-grand father at a museum today. 1771. The ball is inserted via the slot, and the further it makes, the more points you get.

post-11867-1440987802_thumb.jpg

post-11867-1440987898_thumb.jpg

Found a place that sells Pinballs near me today. Family Amusements. Went and looked at their machines. They had 2 Sopranos, and Playboy 50th. Was pretty disappointed in their condition, and their prices didn't seem all that good in comparison. $4295 for the nicer of the 2 Sopranos, $3495 for the Playboy. Lots of scratches, even on the glass. He said he would replace the glass for me, but I figured if he would display them in such shitty shape, the insides were probably in the same or worse condition.

The funny thing, is after not being around Pinball machines in awhile, its shocking as to how small they really are. As a kid, they were these huge machines, now they feel so small. He also had a Fast and Furious machine, which the game play actually looked pretty fun. It seems very similar to San Francisco Rush 2049. But again, he wanted 3k for one. He wouldn't budge on sales tax if I paid cash, shipping etc.

Thats crazy. Pinball have gone pretty scarce lately, but I bet he paid half that for them. I would buy from a small operation that specializes in pinballs. They usually are better priced and extremely good condition. I would def go all LED too!