Front Lic Plate

JanDaMan

In CA we are required to have a front lic plate on cars from what I understand. But I have never seen one on the front of a Murci, so I wonder maybe we are not really required on the Murci for some reason? Or we just deal with it if pulled over? Maybe due to Holy Grail status of the car we are not required or it is understood to just leave us alone?

In my experience it really depends on the cop if you get pulled over. One place where I have got tickets more often than not for not having front lic plate is LAX. No front plates on my Murci, just don't like the way they look.

In my experience it really depends on the cop if you get pulled over. One place where I have got tickets more often than not for not having front lic plate is LAX. No front plates on my Murci, just don't like the way they look.

Yeah would suck with front plates on a Murci! When I first got my Murci I as driving it with no plates front and rear, then a cop on a bike drove next to me, looked over and just kept riding onward. I was on my way to get it smoged and registered, but he didn't know that. So that made me think of front plates, since it seems no plates didn't seem to matter.

It is required. You will get a ticket and when that happens, zip tie the plate to front grille and have any cop sign it off. $25 fix it ticket.

You can put a plate on a tow hook holder. It's not pretty.

I often go completely plateless. These days, too many Facebook pictures of our cars and plate can reveal personal info.

I never put front plates on my car, i was pulled over once and told by the officer to keep the plate in the car and throw it up on the dash. Apparently they cannot ticket you if you have it on the dash, not for sure that holds for every state. There are remote control plate holders that hold the plate under the car and will flip it up when deployed. Others have made magnetic holders or vinyl replica stickers of their plate.

front plate on dash won't really work in Ca. front plate has to be certain height and has to be attached to the car.

the flip up device is nice. however, it does take some of your precious ground clearance when retracted.

the vinyl works well but can be unsightly yet. it's a good alternative. if the car is parked, you will still get cited I suspect.

It's odd, I used to get front license plate tickets all the time in my old 996tt. It was a real pain in the ass.

Never had one for my Gallardo, 9 years and counting.

Front license plates are mandatory in CA. I never put them on any of my vehicles. It's purely up to the cop's discretion when you get pulled over. Same thing with front side tinted windows.

I had a run of bad luck with mine, 3 tickets and I was almost DDing it last year. I have a gallardo so I took the plate, angled the top and bottom edges to fit and used double sided foam tape. Totally secure and removable. FYI just got the new CA black plates and they look so good

I'd put my front plate in a plate frame, then break the frame and throw it in the boot. Then when the officer asks you can pull it out and tell them it broke off when you nicked a curb because of the low clearance.

Not legal advice.

PA has no front plate laws!

I've been pulled over for not having a front plate once in my Mercedes, but never in my Diablo. I've got four little suction cups for mounting my front plate but I've never used them. There are towns and cops that will stop you. In downtown Palo Alto the cops walk through the parking lots writing tickets. I've heard they will hassle you in SF as well.

Its just a fixit ticket. So don't sweat it.

http://www.amazon.com/Cruiser-Accessories-...te+suction+cups

The suction cups are a good idea. The fix it ticket is a hassle though, having to go and get it checked out etc etc is a real PIA.

I've been pulled over for not having a front plate once in my Mercedes, but never in my Diablo. I've got four little suction cups for mounting my front plate but I've never used them. There are towns and cops that will stop you. In downtown Palo Alto the cops walk through the parking lots writing tickets. I've heard they will hassle you in SF as well.

Its just a fixit ticket. So don't sweat it.

http://www.amazon.com/Cruiser-Accessories-...te+suction+cups

Damn, sad stories. I have a few exotic cars all with no front plates, and I guess I should feel lucky all these years and never an issue...yet. Cops follow me all the time too, maybe car guys I suppose.

I just met a guy in Ohio with the Gallardo, that used a double set of magnets in which he mounted one set on the backside of the bumper and another set on the license plate. Seemed to work well.

front plates ruin the look of ANY car! however, you can pay the fine online usually and don't have to take the car to get inspected. they don't really care if your car has a front plate or not, they just want your money.