Sit down arcade driving games

Allan-Herbie

So far, I've found VR to be the most immersive. I've played a lot of simulators and I love them, but VR takes the cake when you legitimately feel like you're there. It's incredible. Though I suppose if I had to play a sit down arcade game, I'd go for Rush.

To put my game play into perspective, I have the latest Xbox, Playstation etc, and I never touch them.. I play my old school Donkey Kong, Mrs Pacman, Galaga etc all the time. Im not looking for the ultimate in driving simulation, I have cars for that. Im just looking for a fun game to play once in awhile.

To put my game play into perspective, I have the latest Xbox, Playstation etc, and I never touch them.. I play my old school Donkey Kong, Mrs Pacman, Galaga etc all the time. Im not looking for the ultimate in driving simulation, I have cars for that. Im just looking for a fun game to play once in awhile.

Forza 6 may provide the type of entertainment you are looking for. Release date is Sept 15, 2015

Crazy taxi. :P

You can probably pick up a pair of linked games on eBay on the cheap like these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LINKED-PAIR-of-Fas...=item235483033c

Crazy taxi. :P

Never been a big fan of that one. I like the Rush cause of the hidden pathways, jumps etc...

This could also be an option.. Has F40, Porsche 993 GT2...

DSC_0636.jpg

Allan, the shop up in Van Nuys that does repairs had a few sit-down ones. I can't fit them in my place, but they looked good. There was that NASCAR one, a few indy games, cruising usa, and another that was being refurbed. this was about 6 weeks ago.

Allan, the shop up in Van Nuys that does repairs had a few sit-down ones. I can't fit them in my place, but they looked good. There was that NASCAR one, a few indy games, cruising usa, and another that was being refurbed. this was about 6 weeks ago.

Which shop in Van Nuys?

You mean Glendale? I tried emailing them on the Playboy Pinball they have, they replied initially, but once I asked if they had the adult graph-ix pack with the machine, they stopped returning my emails..

Which shop in Van Nuys?

You mean Glendale? I tried emailing them on the Playboy Pinball they have, they replied initially, but once I asked if they had the adult graph-ix pack with the machine, they stopped returning my emails..

There is a spot up in Van Nuys, off Sepulveda I think Near Game Dude.

This guy came reccomended when I bought some cabinets off the old Bullwinkles in Fountain Valley http://www.socalarcaderepair.com/index.html

So far, I've found VR to be the most immersive. I've played a lot of simulators and I love them, but VR takes the cake when you legitimately feel like you're there. It's incredible. Though I suppose if I had to play a sit down arcade game, I'd go for Rush.

Do they sell decent VR simulators right now?

Outrun 2 SP is a bit of fun, has multiplayer as well as different challenges. Not all models have the hydraulics like this one

Outrun2SPDX.png

For a more retro vibe, Sega rally was always the game of choice in the 90's in our circle

I used to have a Full Size Daytona USA like this. It was incredible. The car moves when you turn. It has steering wheel feedback, and it also shakes when you hit stuff. Just an awesome game. My friend runs an entertainment center here and sold it to me for $350 when they were moving it out! The monitor went out in it eventually and I sold it for $1000 ;-)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DAYTONA-USA-2-POWE...=item25acbd056d

The sega R360 is incredible if you can find one.

I used to have a Full Size Daytona USA like this. It was incredible. The car moves when you turn. It has steering wheel feedback, and it also shakes when you hit stuff. Just an awesome game. My friend runs an entertainment center here and sold it to me for $350 when they were moving it out! The monitor went out in it eventually and I sold it for $1000 ;-)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DAYTONA-USA-2-POWE...=item25acbd056d

The sega R360 is incredible if you can find one.

I like the Daytona game, I just think it would get boring after a little while with the limited tracks. That 360 game is bad ass. Im going tomorrow to check out some games..