Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May’s new Amazon Prime show

diabloking

Source: E-News 9/4/15 edition "The Independent"

Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May's new Amazon Prime show has an absolutely insane budget

Amazon wasn't joking when it said it was giving the former Top Gear team the freedom to make the show they want, reportedly promising them a £160 million budget for the upcoming series.

One of the most expensive UK shows ever, it has a budget bigger than that of the first two seasons of House of Cards and the first Avengers movie.

Former Top Gear producer Andy Wilman, who has jumped ship with the trio, told Broadcast it was the promise of a reported £160 million that made them choose Amazon (which initially seemed like an odd choice over Netflix or a terrestrial/freeview channel). div.slideshow img { display: none; }

Giving them that kind of operating capital, they are going to buy a ThethetheFerrari just so they can test it and call it rubbish... merely to piss off Ferrari HQ.

It's going to be awesome! :icon_super:

Cake said poo. :lol2:

So how much is Amazon prime?

100 bucks and worth every freaking penny.

BTW the budget for the Amazon prime "top gear" will be a little more than tripple that of what it was with the BBC.

Supposedly they too the majority of the production staff with them as well so we should still see great cinematography still.

I have prime. Oddly enough my subscription renewed today actually. $99. Free 2 day shipping on tons of stuff, free streaming movies and content, and music, the pantry is awesome, pretty much amazon is amazing and I love it because I can be a recluse at home, work on my cars, do my thing, and not have to deal with people when I go shopping. Yay!

BTW the budget for the Amazon prime "top gear" will be a little more than tripple that of what it was with the BBC.

Supposedly they too the majority of the production staff with them as well so we should still see great cinematography still.

100% agree. WORTH EVERY PENNY!

I've never had it. Ill have to look into it.

I've never had it. Ill have to look into it.

if/when you do expect to spend alot more on amazon!

Having 2 day shipping for free (or you have optional 1 hr shipping) changes the "I dont want to have to wait if i buy" feeling. I used to hate buying and waiting but now with prime I buy so much stuff on prime vs brick and mortar stores.

if/when you do expect to spend alot more on amazon!

Having 2 day shipping for free (or you have optional 1 hr shipping) changes the "I dont want to have to wait if i buy" feeling. I used to hate buying and waiting but now with prime I buy so much stuff on prime vs brick and mortar stores.

Bingo. I never go to the store anymore...I just buy it on Amazon.

BBC Top Gear seasons were made for £50m?! I thought they just paid with whatever coins they found down the sofa.