AVENTADOR LAST BIG ENGINE ATMO ?

emilio

a reliable source told me that the aventador successor (probably right after the SV...) should be a much smaller displacement, turbo or charger engine

NO idea if still a V12, but no more 6 LITER V12s....

looks like a BIG change for lamborghini

opinions?

The end of an era, older V12s will go through the roof even further, good for those who have them in their stables.

I completely agree. I think the Murci, especially 6 speed will have the biggest jump.

So this would likely be in what MY?

MY2018 or MY 2020 only, after the Aventador SV there is still another evolution on the board, the successor will be likely for 2020 only, Urus comes in 2018, Centenario shown in Geneva 2016, so most likely new Aventador evolution in 2017 ... successor shown in 2019, for sale in 2020 ... sounds plausible.

Developed an all new Lambo exclusive V12 for only one generation. Seems very weird in today's world.

No shocker here...with the modern trends it's actually more of a surprise that the Aventador is large NA V12. Certainly is the end of and era, a big NA V12 paired with a single clutch...but if I know Lamborghini, even with a smaller engine or hybrid they will make something insane and worthy of the badge :icon_thumleft:

Yet it wont be the same and it wont be the real deal.

Double clutch yes it must be but loosing a NA V12? Unforgivable to purists.

Too much money into the Aventador's engine/trans for it to be around for less than 10 years. There might be changes added (battery power, turbos, displacement increased/lowered, etc) but that engine isn't going away.

Yet it wont be the same and it wont be the real deal.

Double clutch yes it must be but loosing a NA V12? Unforgivable to purists.

Long live the single clutch :icon_super: