i8

jhbchess

Would you vbox the i8? Inquiring minds want to know! :eusa_dance:

0-60: 5.0 in Sport Mode - no launch control

0-60: 6.1 in Electric (E-Drive) Mode - no launch control (note: engine kicked in around 34mph, there's a noticeable lag when that happens)

60-130: 12.6 Seconds

66 degrees outside. I used the exact same spot where for the 60-130 where I run the lambo (3.91 secs for 60-130)

Interesting to compare to the Road & Track testing:

546b3b844a8f3___2015bmwi8roadtestworksheet_cropped_lg.jpg

0-60: 5.0 in Sport Mode - no launch control

0-60: 6.1 in Electric (E-Drive) Mode - no launch control (note: engine kicked in around 34mph, there's a noticeable lag when that happens)

60-130: 12.6 Seconds

66 degrees outside. I used the exact same spot where for the 60-130 where I run the lambo (3.91 secs for 60-130)

Damn I would have thought it was faster!!

Mine should be here in about an hour.

Awesome! In for pics.

Check out your brake calipers. My fronts are this awesome smooth black with i8 branding on it. Rears are smaller and look roughly painted black. Wish all 4 had the same cover. I would have mentioned it to my dealer if I had noticed it at delivery.

Damn I would have thought it was faster!!

Might be faster with manual shifting on the paddles and traction control turned off on a good surface. Not sure how else Road and Track put down a 3.8.

• 6 months later...
Your move, Tesla.

:D

Can I share this on local bmw forum? I am sure nobody has seen a nitrous on i8 before. :D

iH8 is the worst car ever - iH8 it so much that i've given it to my business development director to run!

iH8 is the worst car ever - iH8 it so much that i've given it to my business development director to run!

What turned you off on the car?

I'm really digging mine! Performance wise it's pretty peppy off the line, fast enough for Houston traffic, and I did some 60-130 pulls against a Cayenne Turbo with a tune and walked it. I also got the software update which solved what I didn't like about the e-drive lag.

I have a 40 mile roundtrip commute from Katy to Houston and back every day and I really like how I only have to fill up the take every 2 weeks or so instead of once a week. Kicking it into electric mode to putter around is pretty fun and being able to turn on the combustion engine by just pushing the shifter to the side is convenient.

I don't like that it's missing memory seats but that's about my only complaint right now.