Resurrection of Brendan Mannella's LP-560 *Build thread*

Underground Racing

Hahah...."snails" with Kev would be bad ass but it will not be in my near future. Much respect to all you TTG bull riders out there but my need for warping insane speed is just not in me. Now days....I'm more into chillin', cruising, styling of the cars, and going to bed at 10 PM. :turboalex:

I just drop some doe on another toy which you'll soon see (I'm pretty excited about) and all major money dump is focused on getting ready for my SV Roadster next year. :icon_super:

Just the sound of these cars is worth the money...

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All the other tuners are immature, younger, and full of BS.

That is a pretty bold (read: not true) statement.

That is a pretty bold (read: not true) statement.

Send a car to UGR and then you can compare.... I have.... Have you?

The service I got from them during the build, after the build, and at the events was above and beyond what everyone else does.

Obviously there are other great tuners out there for other platforms but look at the majority of them. It is a lot of younger people and etc. You are dealing with a car worth more than some people's houses. Better be careful where you send that car. Better make sure they have the funds to cover anything if it all goes wrong.

Send a car to UGR and then you can compare.... I have.... Have you?

The service I got from them during the build, after the build, and at the events was above and beyond what everyone else does.

Obviously there are other great tuners out there for other platforms but look at the majority of them. It is a lot of younger people and etc. You are dealing with a car worth more than some people's houses. Better be careful where you send that car. Better make sure they have the funds to cover anything if it all goes wrong.

I have been to Doug Levins place, Great tuner, really great on Vipers, he has done a few Lambos including his own. Good Guy, reliable. Great product.

But I still went to UGR as they had best warranty and more builds than anyone. There are other good builders.... but what is said above, is true. I would never be anyone's FIRST build, period. Especially if their own car never became operational to the expectation.

I have been to Doug Levins place, Great tuner, really great on Vipers, he has done a few Lambos including his own. Good Guy, reliable. Great product.

But I still went to UGR as they had best warranty and more builds than anyone. There are other good builders.... but what is said above, is true. I would never be anyone's FIRST build, period. Especially if their own car never became operational to the expectation.

You can't compare UGR builds to anyone else ... And if you want to see the "other" builds, just go to UGR. They keep them on the scrap shelf in the main garage. True story. End discussion/

Mike

UGR built more cars than all the competition Together.... So I'm not sure how anybody can compare UGR quality/performance with any other tuner...

Funny how people with 0 experience are trying to have a voice...

Agreed!

A little off topic from the start of the thread... But from what I have seen...

You can not compare what UGR does. The entry level kit makes more power than the competition. Performs better, and reacts to upgrades much better... It is easier to take the next steps when ready. As for those next steps... AKA Slippery slope ;) ... There are no shop cars, let alone customer cars that run with UGR at events... The quality of work is second to none. When I got my car home and took the covers off to see exactly what all was going on, it looked as if my car came that way from the factory.

Examples.... Every bolt had a paint mark to ensure proper torque was given.

Every clamp faced exactly the same direction.

Every part was well thought out and clearly engineered to perform a specific way.

The wiring was top shelf. We all remember that horror show of wiring on Billy's DP car.

Case and point. If you don't have an UGR car... You just don't understand what these guys offer and do. Kevin will tell you, I am a critic and hard to please. The UGR crew has done an amazing job every time, and I have never had any question that was not met almost immediately. Heck, I emailed Kevin on a Sunday night once with a question for Monday. He responded before I walked back in from the garage... ON A SUNDAY!!!

So... Back on topic. Can't wait to see this car at CNC Brendan.

Mike

Obviously their customers want to help the brand name because of their positive experiences as well as to protect their investment.

could run.

UGR doesn't need any help, their cars speak for them-self, Kevin & KC do a very good job protecting our investment by kicking ass in every race and building incredible & reliable TT exotic cars.

-6 TI victories

-over 200 Gallardos, R8 & Aventadors builds

-1/2 world records

-much more... Too many to mention.

Trust me... I saw it with my own eyes! A lot of the TT kits from other tuners end up in the recycle center in NC....

Get back to us when Heff does a top 5 at any event against the big boys. Last roll call they had 3 cars and nothing noteworthy.

Or when his cars stop blowing up in the events....

TI- red STS blew up

Shift sector- blue SL blew up

You have a valid argument for the current power levels and for the few things you mentioned in terms of the spool time.

One other thing to consider is more bends equals more restriction that the hot side has to push through. This equates to a higher shaft speed which is synonymous with higher back pressure.

Really not much R&D going on to go 235 in the 1/2 mile. BTW, our hot-side exhaust data, we have not even reached 1-1 on boost pressure vs exhaust pressure and we are using a .96 AR. Our system is very efficient. ;) If we wanted to make a purpose built race car to go real fast we could. Our customers are driving their own cars running 232-235 in the 1/2 without breaking a sweat;)

As important as cool charge air temps are there sure is a lot of hot air blowing around in this thread. :icon_thumleft:

Underground makes a great product, and so does Heffner. Just because one has won more events doesn't make the other "trash."

Just because one has won more events doesn't make the other "trash."

I agree, when working as intended. When it ends up at another tuners shop in an attempt to get it running properly, it's scrap.

As important as cool charge air temps are there sure is a lot of hot air blowing around in this thread. :icon_thumleft:

Underground makes a great product, and so does Heffner. Just because one has won more events doesn't make the other "trash."

Thank you!

80s were cool in the 80s... its 2015... Better have twin 98s and NOSSSSSSSS

What is really efficient is UGR's winning percentage.... How can anyone argue against that?

To be the best you have to beat the best....

I thought this was a resurrection build thread.........

Yeah, but it's been dwigged. You have to expect it to be long winded and nonsensical.

Yeah, but it's been dwigged. You have to expect it to be long winded and nonsensical.

Lol, true. It is interesting how many threads are there about the fantastic LP2000 Stig when you do a search......

Or when his cars stop blowing up in the events....

TI- red STS blew up

Shift sector- blue SL blew up

All of the Heffner built OB Prestige Auto Lamborghini cars have had countless successful runs both in testing and event racing without "blowing up"

Race anything continually on the knife edge of crazy and you will have things break.

To embellish on something like an engine failure on cars that reliably race all year long when you do not fully grasp the reality of it is poor form.

Heffner and UR build amazing product and will hopefully be around for many years to come.

Both families are managing successful businesses and living the dream. God Bless them both.

I look forward to hearing about UR taking care of Mr. Mannella's Lamborghini. He deserves a good car.

All of the Heffner built OB Prestige Auto Lamborghini cars have had countless successful runs both in testing and event racing without "blowing up"

Race anything continually on the knife edge of crazy and you will have things break.

To embellish on something like an engine failure on cars that reliably race all year long when you do not fully grasp the reality of it is poor form.

Heffner and UR build amazing product and will hopefully be around for many years to come.

Both families are managing successful businesses and living the dream. God Bless them both.

I look forward to hearing about UR taking care of Mr. Mannella's Lamborghini. He deserves a good car.

:iamwithstupid:

I understand the UR love as they are indisputably the best. However I don't get the Heffner hate at all. They aren't shady, they aren't clowns, they stay classy and race hard. It's very unbecoming of a few members on here to knock them like this (even before we remember that they are a forum sponsor).

:iamwithstupid:

I understand the UR love as they are indisputably the best. However I don't get the Heffner hate at all. They aren't shady, they aren't clowns, they stay classy and race hard. It's very unbecoming of a few members on here to knock them like this (even before we remember that they are a forum sponsor).

Who is hating on Heffner? We just disagree with some other member who said Heffner's twin turbo system are better than UGR....

We wouldn't even be talking about Heffner is that member didn't post his poor assumptions....

I personally wouldn't even add Heffner to the list... His prices are higher, only 12 months of warranty. & UGR built 100+ more Lambos than Heffner..

I heard CTD is revamping the space program.

You will love the car. Been there and done what you have been through just not to that extreme. My car atleast worked lol.

It will make you appreciate UGR that much more when you get your car back. You just deal with a way more professional team. All the other tuners are immature, younger, and full of BS.

+1

I don't see the hate... Call Heffner and ask him about his stage 1 than compare his price, quality and warranty with UGR... Facts don't lie...

Heffner stage 1 -$39k

-stock ECU

-12 months of warranty

UGR-39k

-Motec M1

-24 months of warranty

-Precision Turbos

Or

-32k with stock ECU

-24 months of warranty

UGR built more lambos TT than all the competition together... And that separates UGR from the rest...

Again this is my opinion (it's not "hate")... If anybody decide to go with Heffner good for them...

I was informed about this thread and I thought it was important to put some facts to the conjecture, speculation, and down-right bullshit (read: Scottyisms) that's in this thread.

First, the car took too long. I bought into a person's bullshit hook, line, and sinker, and he screwed the pooch like nobody's business. As such, we were left cleaning up one giant mess, both with my car, Brendan's, and others. Life lesson learned the hard way. But you live and you learn.

I'll also say that Brendan is/was (don't know how he views it) a friend and showed a lot of class and patience with the whole process and that is the reason I put so much money into the project personally. He didn't deserve to get screwed because of what someone else did.

When the car left our shop it was making over 1,000AWHP on wastegate pressure and was an absolute beast. Hands down the best sounding G I've ever heard. The only hang-up was that the e-gear system was not happy with the new intake runners being without the tumbler generators. Motec was working on a solution and Brendan was aware of this at the time but the car was definitely drivable. The issue only came into play at take-off.

The car never smoked in the 700+ miles we put on the car prior to delivery. Due to the exhaust being wrapped and the design of the pipes, condensation would collect when it was cool out, and there would be steam (not to be confused with smoke) coming from the exhaust until all the water evaporated.

We did the best we could under the circumstances and, ultimately, I hope Brendan ends up with exactly what he wants, be it from UGR or anyone else. I thought that, minus the e-gear take off issue, his car was amazing when it left CTD. As did a lot of other people.

As far as CTD goes, I don't understand why so many people care so deeply about something that doesn't affect them in any way, shape, or form; however, I guess I should be thankful for it as the huge internet buzz everyone created was the main driver of business and made so much possible.

CTD was created as a shits-and-giggles hobby so that I could finish my car, after it was mutilated by a complete fuckwad, without having to solely take on the expense. It worked. We were fortunate enough to have a manufacturer love an idea enough to green-light it which is prompting us to get out of the performance 'scene' which, quite frankly, is not a way to make sufficient money for me. That's why it was a hobby. The first stage in the evolution of CTD was fun, it got us where we needed to go, and now it's time to move on to bigger and better things. It's not nor ever was even my primary business so, again, not sure why so many people acted like their family's welfare relied upon it.

Kudos to UGR and Heff for keeping up the TT Lambo game; we couldn't be happier with where things have taken us and I hope the same is true for them. :icon_thumleft:

I must say though, the comment that really hurt...the shot at my suit!!! It's a custom, Tom Ford MTM; however, they screwed up my measurements when they flew back to NYC and I didn't know it until I was putting it on at the event! :lol2: I don't make that mistake any more!!!

Nonetheless, thank you truly for the entertainment value of all of this; whether or not you were a hater. I can personally vouch for the expression, "Haters made us famous." I will forever be grateful for all of the doors you opened.