Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio

kinnsella

I have been watching this car since they announced it.

I really want one but will have to wait and see it in the flesh myself.

The performance and styling alone is a homerun as far as i can tell.

It can't get the video to embed...could somebody show me.

You just copy paste the link and then highlight the entire link and click the yellow square above the text box that looks like a "play" button and you should see [ video ] with your link in the middle

beautiful, synister, but I worry about mark up and availability, then there is reliability for the first gen of this motor.

Alfas are nice but quirky cars, and have suffered from poor reliability. I know, I've owned 3. Hopefully they've made progress on that front. I don't know about the USA but in Europe they have a cult following, it's really a shame that this brand is in such bad shape today, they currently sell only 2 models. FCA has been talking about relaunching Alfa Romeo for some time now, I hope they back their stuff up with more than marketing.

• 4 weeks later...

LA Auto Show Today

Giulia Quadrifoglio - it's a looker. Very interested, could be the car that breaks my BMW DD addiction. My wife was more interested in the old Alfa's on display.

The 4C looks like a re-bodied Lotus Elise....really disappointing in the flesh. Has a kit car quality....why I can't put my finger on it.

Will have reverse my opinion on the Ford GT, in person it looks great. Spokesperson would only confirm 600hp, 700 torque, (pretty positive she had no idea what either number meant) but not it's weight.

NSX wasn't bad, kinda super car generic but 9/10ths scale (still too big), doesn't have the purity/lean of the original. Which I was reminded of when leaving the show, when I saw a lighted modded early first gen one. It's extended gestation reminds of the LFA, so who knows what we will get. Too many masters...

The Alfa 124 looks like an ugly MX 5, then I remembered they are the same car.

New small Jag sedan looked good too, BMW e90 sized rather than current 3 series offering.

Car looks bonkers for sure. I love it for the styling and the engine but obviously reliability is a question. I'm genuinely surprised most LPers aren't going nuts for it.

Car looks bonkers for sure. I love it for the styling and the engine but obviously reliability is a question. I'm genuinely surprised most LPers aren't going nuts for it.

In person I thought it looked small and the interior too 'sporty' for the segment.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I agree w Mrs. Kinnsella, the old Alfa's were the sex.

image.jpeg

In person I thought it looked small and the interior too 'sporty' for the segment.

post-12288-1448723562_thumb.jpg

post-12288-1448723636_thumb.jpg

post-12288-1448723774_thumb.jpg

I agree w Mrs. Kinnsella, the old Alfa's were the sex.

Those are the worst colors I've seen the Alfas in! BLAH!!! The 4C certainly has a lotus-esque feel to it but in red or white it looks killer. Same colors look great in the sedan but that gray makes it look all squished and bulbous.

You can't compare a modern car to one of the sexist car designs of all time...just not fair.

• 4 months later...

Ok, zombie bump, but I wanted to mention that alfa is testing these cars in my canyon. I have seen the red and white so far, the white looking slightly better, but still like a bloated 5-series.

Exhaust note is not very noticeable, but they drive in moderate traffic, so no opening it up.

If you are in the beverly hills area, benedict canyon ~930 is the usual time they roll by. LOTS of companies testing their cars here.

Somehow it looks way too russian. Shape of lights and that bumper under it. Shape on the hood and imho that mask does not fit into other shapes. Close yet so far.

I'd buy one if it came with a DCT, no manual though!

Whole point of the car is that it is manual.

Even if it came with DCT I'm sure you'd rather have another car than this.

The red one looks a little smaller than the white. White is not a good color for it. I see them both every day now, but no dash cam on my car.

• 4 months later...
7:32 at the Ring with auto trans. :shock:

That's nuts, I remember EVO did a test around the Ring with a Zonda, CGT, Maserati MC12, Koenigsegg CCX-R and an Enzo a while back. The fastest ones were lapping in the mid 7:20's. The Alfa has to be making significantly more than the claimed 505 hp.

It's the tires, those cars are all about 10 years old and we've come a long way with street tires in that time. Also, electronics, turbos, and the HUGE balls from Fabio Francia. Holy Shit!

That's nuts, I remember EVO did a test around the Ring with a Zonda, CGT, Maserati MC12, Koenigsegg CCX-R and an Enzo a while back. The fastest ones were lapping in the mid 7:20's. The Alfa has to be making significantly more than the claimed 505 hp.

Or may be really light. That said, dude is rocking that ring time in a T shirt and jeans, like it is no big deal. Damn.