SV Sport Seats

RoadKing

Smartest play is to order with comfort seats so it's wired, then buy sport seats and install if you're really a desperado to have a 'pure SV'.

Once you're sick of having a sore arse, reinstall the comfort seats.

I'll be the desperado, you'll be the poof :icon_mrgreen: :icon_butt: :eek3dance:

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll follow up on Technocrafts progress in the morning. Had a friend come over yesterday and sit in the SV who had spent some time in an Aventador. He sits down and within seconds said "man what happen to the head room"?

Maybe we should write a letter to Lamborghini? If we get enough people to sign it maybe they will pay attention? At the minimum they should at least give us the seats at a discount (not the stupid $13k or whatever they are asking per seat) and install them as a warranty claim.

I talked to LOH and they checked and said the factory rep won't even let them do it, even if I spent the money on the seats!

Dude, changing seat rails voiding say a power train warranty?

You're stressing for no reason.

You mates with Fortis?

He has cold chills about seats too.

Owner is concerned over the tub holes being swiss cheese if the next owner wants it back to original.

The thread is about seats - that's all

Anyway - what I posted was straight from the factory that the seat heights are the same. Might be worth measuring FEviper and see if what they are claiming is correct.

For anyone thinking of switching their order to comfort seats, don't leave it too long. When I first requested adding this option in December for an April build Roadster, the factory said it was too late as my spec was locked. I asked the dealer to ask again and the request was finally agreed to.

piss off gay boy.

But I'll be the one looking good in the sports seats :eek3dance:

Besides, me, gay? I'm the only one without an orange car - you, Richie, sulley, mhh and shack - all poofs in orange cars :icon_butt:

Comfort seats:

Comfy enough to drive to Melbourne for the first service I reckon. :)

Dealer confirmed order is switched to "cushy seats" but that's the only and last change they will allow.

My son is 6' 3 - selling the SV is nowhere in the plans so for the long run it simply made more sense.

Dealer confirmed order is switched to "cushy seats" but that's the only and last change they will allow.

My son is 6' 3 - selling the SV is nowhere in the plans so for the long run it simply made more sense.

Good call.

I spoke to a friend of mine yesterday who got his car on 2nd January - he ordered sports seats as he thought they were the ones to get despite me telling him otherwise. He is TOTALLY gutted with them - he was into his dealer on Friday and said he wanted to order some comfort seats - obvious he didn't get very far.....he's now looking at aftermarket options as well.....but he's really angry that he didn't listen to what I had said a few months ago.

Good call.

I spoke to a friend of mine yesterday who got his car on 2nd January - he ordered sports seats as he thought they were the ones to get despite me telling him otherwise. He is TOTALLY gutted with them - he was into his dealer on Friday and said he wanted to order some comfort seats - obvious he didn't get very far.....he's now looking at aftermarket options as well.....but he's really angry that he didn't listen to what I had said a few months ago.

I was dead set against the comfort seats.

Whomever at the factory selected the sport shell screwed up - this will be the first electric motor seat that offers more headroom than the sport seat. The factory should have addressed the problem at the track days CF seats aren't rocket science.

The thought of ordering a new car knowing there is going to be a problem finally hit home and why deal with it - Thank you!

Is the problem with the seats mainly the head clearance or the fact that they are uncomfortable?

I tell you what's going to happen, like with the manual transmission, nobody wants it when ordering new but now everyone runs towards those cars with fists full of cash shouting PLEASE TAKE MY MONEY :icon_mrgreen:

Human nature dictates that we always want things which are in very low supply and very hard to get, I predict the SV with sports seats will be more sought after and command more money on the secondary market.

Is the problem with the seats mainly the head clearance or the fact that they are uncomfortable?

Both. The seats have almost zero padding and they force you into a very upright position which would work in a Ferrari or Porsche with an upright windscreen, but in a Lambo they put the driver's head hard into the roof lining. No problem for shorties though.

You are dreaming if you think the sports seat will become more popular in time. The good news is if you want to buy a spare sports seat in the future, there will be plenty on Ebay. :P

A mixture of both but comfort, or the lack of it, is likely the larger cause. You may recall the detailed discussions here on the G-Superleggera seats lacking headroom. The general consensus was that if one's physique involve a long torso, then it would be problematic. The same applies here; a longer torso would result a possible lack of headroom. The sports seats simply lack comfort due to being angled a bit too upright and insufficient padding. Remember the Sesto Elemento that you sat in at the factory, try that in a real drive for a couple of hours and the discomfort would be quite obvious.

Not too sure about the long-term value thing. Transmissions are fairly difficult to swap and are $$$. Seats, not so much. I agree that it's probably the wisest to order comfort seats, followed by another pair of sport seats and swap at your own desire. I did that for my original G-SL and it worked out quite well.

Personally, I can 't see the point in buying spare seats for a car you are ordering from the factory. If you fit the sports seats and don't care they are uncomfortable and want them, get them. If not, order the car with comfort seats which live up to their name. They only mistake would be to order the sports seats without trying them first so you know what you can expect. This thread contains enough sad stories of those who did that.

Personally, I can 't see the point in buying spare seats for a car you are ordering from the factory. If you fit the sports seats and don't care they are uncomfortable and want them, get them. If not, order the car with comfort seats which live up to their name. They only mistake would be to order the sports seats without trying them first so you know what you can expect. This thread contains enough sad stories of those who did that.

I agree with you. Now that there are some actual delivery cars with both seats, be sure to test them out, and decide accordingly. I tried the sport seats in the demo SV that was sent around as the role out vehicle, because that was all that was available. I had plenty of headroom. When my car came in, I had no headroom.Unfortunately, I trusted that the manufacturer would deliver what they sent out as a demo, and they did not. Now they won't do anything about it.

I talked to LOH and they checked and said the factory rep won't even let them do it, even if I spent the money on the seats!

I have gotten the same answer from the factory - they will not allow the dealer to retrofit comfort seats to my SV. The factory Product Manager takes the position that the headroom is the same, implying there is no need to change seats anyway. I have asked if the Product Manager has even sat in both seats. It is obvious to anyone who has that there is a substantial difference in headroom.

I tell you what's going to happen, like with the manual transmission, nobody wants it when ordering new but now everyone runs towards those cars with fists full of cash shouting PLEASE TAKE MY MONEY :icon_mrgreen:

Human nature dictates that we always want things which are in very low supply and very hard to get, I predict the SV with sports seats will be more sought after and command more money on the secondary market.

I think it depends on the person. The comfort is not a big deal for me. The headroom is a deal killer for me.

I was right there with you - don't mind being uncomfortable but sacrificing a good seat position less head/helmet room are deal breakers.

Pictures say a 1000 words guessing this guy is 6 ft and his vision / seat position at 58 seconds is beyond words.

I think it depends on the person. The comfort is not a big deal for me. The headroom is a deal killer for me.

Was very tempted to order a test set of sport seats to get a feel If I could live with them then pass the comfort seats to someone else for the same price the sport seats cost.

After reading these posts decided to watch every test SV video and decided sport seats won't work.

I think there is a value of the sport seats down the road - hope you guys find someone who offers a good alternative.

Thank you guys for all the replies, I am a sucker for punishment and I am not tall so sports seats it is :icon_mrgreen:

What makes me swing that way is the fact that pretty much everyone unanimously hated the Gallardo Superleggera bucket seats when the car came out, they ended up being my favorite seat in a car, maybe the SV seats will be uncomfortable but I won't be spending more than two to three hours in them at one time, maybe I am making a mistake time will tell.

As expressed before the thing which concerns me the most is the transmission, if it's rubbish it will be a deal breaker for me and the car will go up for sale imediattly, the seats I am not too worried about.

Fortis, have you tried the Sports seat?

The gearbox is like an improved e-gear. It's not a double clutch. I just switched out of the SV into the Speciale which now feels like an automatic. The SV's gearbox needs careful timing and a delicate clutch to get it right. The Auto mode is pretty useless but I don't mind the extra involvement. It feels like what it is - a manual without a clutch pedal.

Not a chance. People will run when you say "mine has sport seats cause it's more SV DNA".

And they'll say "all I've read is people who dispear at how shit they are".