SV Sport Seats

RoadKing

As expressed before the thing which concerns me the most is the transmission, if it's rubbish it will be a deal breaker for me and the car will go up for sale imediattly, the seats I am not too worried about.

Nah, you'll love everything else about it and keep it.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So I have had a few more goes in the sports seats, you just have to get the front back position just right further back than I'm used too, and then they are actually ok, if it's wrong they are killers, went out for an hour or so and was fine, I don't usually go for more than a couple of hours at a time. For me it is one of the thinks that makes the car special, the minute you sit in it you know it's not a normal comfy car, a little bit of hardness reminds you it is special. I'm content with my choice, but if you are going to be spending many hours in it in one go I would recommend comfort.

I like the transmission - it is a significant improvement over the transmission in my LP700. But then, I don't think a DCT fits the temperament of the car - too smooth and soft. As said in the earlier post, it is like driving a clutch, without having to actually work the pedal. I like still having a connection with the clutch, rather than feeling totally isolated from it like I do with a DCT.

I like the transmission - it is a significant improvement over the transmission in my LP700. But then, I don't think a DCT fits the temperament of the car - too smooth and soft. As said in the earlier post, it is like driving a clutch, without having to actually work the pedal. I like still having a connection with the clutch, rather than feeling totally isolated from it like I do with a DCT.

how is the tranny compared to my 650s? I'm sure it is more harsh, but wondering how much more in auto vs track mode.

if anyone has driven both please chime in..

So I have had a few more goes in the sports seats, you just have to get the front back position just right further back than I'm used too, and then they are actually ok, if it's wrong they are killers, went out for an hour or so and was fine, I don't usually go for more than a couple of hours at a time. For me it is one of the thinks that makes the car special, the minute you sit in it you know it's not a normal comfy car, a little bit of hardness reminds you it is special. I'm content with my choice, but if you are going to be spending many hours in it in one go I would recommend comfort.

Out of curiosity - how tall are you.

Fortis, have you tried the Sports seat?

The gearbox is like an improved e-gear. It's not a double clutch. I just switched out of the SV into the Speciale which now feels like an automatic. The SV's gearbox needs careful timing and a delicate clutch to get it right. The Auto mode is pretty useless but I don't mind the extra involvement. It feels like what it is - a manual without a clutch pedal.

Unfortunately not, I haven't even seen a SV in real life yet.

Thank you for the feedback on the gearbox.

how is the tranny compared to my 650s? I'm sure it is more harsh, but wondering how much more in auto vs track mode.

if anyone has driven both please chime in..

I've also got a 650S Spider (great car!). Unlike the SV, I mostly drive the Mac in Auto mode (Sport for preference). Its gear shifts are much faster and smoother than the Lambo. I wouldn't describe the SV gearbox as harsh - it's a little slow and lurchy compared to a DSG. But, to correct a typo in an earlier post of mine, it needs a delicate touch to get the best gear shifts, and this can be satisfying. More skill is needed - as with a full manual gearbox.

One area where the SV kills the Speciale is sound. A week in the Lambo and getting back into the Ferrari, and this is the first thing that strikes you. The SV is loaded with character and it starts with the noise.

post-254-1452620035_thumb.jpg

Out of curiosity - how tall are you.

5'8'' and I'm almost hitting my head, don't know how you tall guys do it.

More of an issue for me is that I'm a gym bunny and getting towards 100kg and I struggle to get in the seat width wise, I have to squeeze!

5'8'' and I'm almost hitting my head, don't know how you tall guys do it.

More of an issue for me is that I'm a gym bunny and getting towards 100kg and I struggle to get in the seat width wise, I have to squeeze!

Makes sense - we order XL sport seats but for the SV.

Drivers above 5' 9 the sport seat simply fails - it was sized for a medium to large frame.

Scuderia CGT etc. offer Large & XL every US delivered exotic is ordered with XL when offered the choice.

I've also got a 650S Spider (great car!). Unlike the SV, I mostly drive the Mac in Auto mode (Sport for preference). Its gear shifts are much faster and smoother than the Lambo. I wouldn't describe the SV gearbox as harsh - it's a little slow and lurchy compared to a DSG. But, to correct a typo in an earlier post of mine, it needs a delicate touch to get the best gear shifts, and this can be satisfying. More skill is needed - as with a full manual gearbox.

One area where the SV kills the Speciale is sound. A week in the Lambo and getting back into the Ferrari, and this is the first thing that strikes you. The SV is loaded with character and it starts with the noise.

PLEASE park them in numerical order, my OCD is kicking in :icon_mrgreen:

great shot and thanks for the info!

you really think the 650 shifts faster than the SV? I was thinking the other way around.

great shot and thanks for the info!

you really think the 650 shifts faster than the SV? I was thinking the other way around.

DCT has two clutches - one clutch has odd number gear engaged while the computer figures out which even number gear you will choose up or down the second clutch has the gear selected so the only lag is the switching of clutches not gears.

The single mechanism requires the computer to hunt up and down not sure at what rate in the SV but it's a true clutch action. That's why the manual mode helps at slower speeds driver lift off the gas etc. to allow smoother shifts.

The SV torque and power is an extremely good fit for a single clutch but at low speeds manual shifts otherwise feels sluggish. It will feel heavy if the driver leaves it in auto on the other hand it's the weapon of choice in spirited driving it's lighter smaller and far more fun.

MP4-12C was very tricky never felt comfortable with it's shifts in and out of corners.

Sat in the sports seats today and compared directly with my LP700.

The headroom is not the same. In the sports seats I am brushing the headlining and in the comfort seats I can wear s helmet.

The reason is the seat is too upright. There is no difference in room under the seat but the lack of any adjustment is the issue. The factory need to change the mounting brackets or offer a fixed mounting.

It definitely could be made better but realistically the seat does not offer much more lateral grip and the lack of harnesses kind of makes the whole thing pointless.

Painful to pay so much for the standard seats though.

Car was wonderful and can't wait to get mine!

Was confirmed to me that the factory are doing nothing. I believe a good shop could change it.

Never seen s fixed bucket without some adjustment holes.

I see sweet business opportunity to someone.

As so many has purchased sport seats that dont fit and only options are either 13k comfort seats or 6k technocrafts...

3D scan original sport seat rails. Take a few measurements and mill seat rails that are just mimimum height and better rake. -> profit.

I see sweet business opportunity to someone.

As so many has purchased sport seats that dont fit and only options are either 13k comfort seats or 6k technocrafts...

3D scan original sport seat rails. Take a few measurements and mill seat rails that are just mimimum height and better rake. -> profit.

A local performance auto shop is making custom rails for my sport seats that will use the existing holes in the tub, but lower the seat, put a bit of tilt in, and allow them to go back further. If anyone is interested, I can pass the results of the effort on and the contact info for the company.

A local performance auto shop is making custom rails for my sport seats that will use the existing holes in the tub, but lower the seat, put a bit of tilt in, and allow them to go back further. If anyone is interested, I can pass the results of the effort on and the contact info for the company.

Good to see you found a possible solution.

Good to see you found a possible solution.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

I can understand that the factory is heavily constrained by regulatory requirements, and that there is nothing they can do at feasible cost. I just wish they would admit to the problem, and explain that it is cost prohibitive for them to fix it. In my business, when I make a mistake, I cannot always fix it. At least I admit when I did screw up.

Bottom line, it looks like I can get it fixed, at a relatively reasonable cost. I also reinforced the lesson I I already knew - don't assume others will always do the honorable thing.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

I can understand that the factory is heavily constrained by regulatory requirements, and that there is nothing they can do at feasible cost. I just wish they would admit to the problem, and explain that it is cost prohibitive for them to fix it. In my business, when I make a mistake, I cannot always fix it. At least I admit when I did screw up.

Bottom line, it looks like I can get it fixed, at a relatively reasonable cost. I also reinforced the lesson I I already knew - don't assume others will always do the honorable thing.

That's a legit problem testing etc. but as you stated offer a solution or at least honesty in a timely manner - fair priced comfort seat vs full boat especially when the guys who tested stated there was far more headroom.

The right thing - you saved me a massive headache and who knows how many others.

Thank You!

please send me the details. I have the same problem with the sport seats.

Thank you so much.

M

please send me the details. I have the same problem with the sport seats.

Thank you so much.

M

The shop took out the sport seats and did all the measurements. As it turns out, it is the seat not the rails. Evidently the comfort seats are able to lower down below the tops of the rails. The sport seats cannot. Because of the upright angle of the sport seats, there is not as much headroom with them, and even custom rails will not solve that problem. I seem to be back to the only solution being to go with third party seats. The potential issue with that is that it looks like the side airbags are built into the sport seats. So, going with third party seats would mean having no side airbags. It is not clear what that means for safety, since the entire factory SRS is based on having side airbags. The shop is looking in to that.

The potential issue with that is that it looks like the side airbags are built into the sport seats. So, going with third party seats would mean having no side airbags. It is not clear what that means for safety, since the entire factory SRS is based on having side airbags. The shop is looking in to that.

I don't know if the SV's SRS has a different technology from the LP570 SL or not. But if it is the same, the problem can be solved with relative ease. All it needs is to jump a resistor that has the same resistance as the side airbag system into the SRS connector underneath the seats and that's it. No faulty airbag warning etc... The trick is to find out the value of the resistance. One has to be quite careful to measure that though as, technically, the multi-meter can set off the airbag. If possible, I would find out the resistance value from the service tech of the dealership.

The shop took out the sport seats and did all the measurements. As it turns out, it is the seat not the rails. Evidently the comfort seats are able to lower down below the tops of the rails. The sport seats cannot. Because of the upright angle of the sport seats, there is not as much headroom with them, and even custom rails will not solve that problem. I seem to be back to the only solution being to go with third party seats. The potential issue with that is that it looks like the side airbags are built into the sport seats. So, going with third party seats would mean having no side airbags. It is not clear what that means for safety, since the entire factory SRS is based on having side airbags. The shop is looking in to that.

What about ditching the rails and bolt directly to the seat assuming the holes gives you the furthest setting if not make a bracket to do so.