SV Sport Seats

RoadKing

Don't hold your breath - they went radio silent dealer states there is nothing happening to address the issue.

Lamborghini HQ dial up internet is unable to send or receive e-mail the Keebler Elf's are hibernating - no idea why Lamborghini didn't hire Willy Wonka's Oompa Loompa's.

Factory internet connection is working - factory updated this morning.

They are working on a larger more shifting room.

The larger more shifting weight - have a feeling as I stated way back the seat was fitted for a small Italian.

I still believe the comfort seat is going to offer the most head room but who knows.

No offense but highly doubt that I am the only one receiving information be nice if you guy who have knowledge share it.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Factory internet connection is working - received an update this morning.

They are working on a larger more shifting room sport seat.

Had a feeling the sport seat was fitted for a small Italian.

The comfort seat is going to offer the most head room the rails for the sport seat aren't going to change but if the curve changes it could offer more headroom.

No offense but highly doubt that I am the only one receiving information be nice if you guy who have knowledge share it.

Looks like they'll have a solution to the seat problem - right after all the SVs are built and shipped.

The news I just received from my dealer is that the factory is looking into a solution to get more headroom with the sport seat. However, my factory rep said he doubts any solution will come in time to help me with my decision on what to do. Seems like he is basically saying they are lightly thinking about what might be done, but that I should not expect a solution in any useful time period, if ever.

The news I just received from my dealer is that the factory is looking into a solution to get more headroom with the sport seat. However, my factory rep said he doubts any solution will come in time to help me with my decision on what to do. Seems like he is basically saying they are lightly thinking about what might be done, but that I should not expect a solution in any useful time period, if ever.

Fingers crossed - believe they are making a larger seat that also reclines at the shoulder area vs pushing forward.

It's a crappy deal all around way too much effort to get a proper SV seat - why they can't receive 918 seats from Porsche is beyond me.

Fingers crossed - believe they are making a larger seat that also reclines at the shoulder area vs pushing forward.

When? Most of the coupes are already built. It's a bit late now. Right now you get a choice of a too high, too hard and too upright sports seat that hardly anyone fits in, or a comfort seat with OK headroom, reclinable but with insufficient lateral support. On the brand's top model! It's not good enough.

When? Most of the coupes are already built. It's a bit late now. Right now you get a choice of a too high, too hard and too upright sports seat that hardly anyone fits in, or a comfort seat with OK headroom, reclinable but with insufficient lateral support. On the brand's top model! It's not good enough.

Have no idea.

It's pretty obvious on two fronts - they screwed up on the sport seat and they don't care.

You blokes bitching and moaning should tell Lambo to get fucked, rip up your orders and never drive the brand again. :eusa_dance:

Makes no sense - we are working with one another along with the factory to find a solution.

Try it sometime instead of going around blowing up bridges.

Makes no sense - we are working with one another along with the factory to find a solution.

Try it sometime instead of going around blowing up bridges.

you were dreaming if lambo would change anything on their production line due to your pissing and moaning. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

While the factory says they are looking into a solution, it is clear to me they are not going to do anything at this point. Tecnocraft now has rails for their racing seats to fit the Aventador. I have ordered two of their seats, and will replace my sport buckets (keeping them so that they can be put back in if I ever sell the car). Tecnocraft says their seats should give at least an additional 3 inches of headroom, and weigh considerably less (they only weigh 6 lbs each). I am supposed to receive the new seats by the end of March.

I feel that Lamborghini has made a mistake, not been willing to admit to it, jerked us all around, and lied to us. Having said all that, the car is so incredible it is worth going through all this additional hassle in order to be able to keep it.

So I'm now over 1000 miles in: seats are tough, I sit on a small pillow and they are fine though, have spent 4-5 hours at a time in it and all cool, without pillow after about 1.5 hours it starts to hurt.

I would still pick the race seats for the SV though as it is what it should have, would not in a normal Aventador though and I have to say Ferrari race seats are much more comfortable, I think Lamborghini have made a bit of a mistake with them and the super upright positioning.

Basically I don't want comfort seats for an SV but I do want a more realistically useable version of the race seats, a few very minor tweaks and they would be much more acceptable.

In a month I'm about to do a 1500 mile tour so shall see how I feel when I get back!

While the factory says they are looking into a solution, it is clear to me they are not going to do anything at this point. Tecnocraft now has rails for their racing seats to fit the Aventador. I have ordered two of their seats, and will replace my sport buckets (keeping them so that they can be put back in if I ever sell the car). Tecnocraft says their seats should give at least an additional 3 inches of headroom, and weigh considerably less (they only weigh 6 lbs each). I am supposed to receive the new seats by the end of March.

I feel that Lamborghini has made a mistake, not been willing to admit to it, jerked us all around, and lied to us. Having said all that, the car is so incredible it is worth going through all this additional hassle in order to be able to keep it.

Good to hear you are loving the SV - sounds like in short order the one issue will be solved.

Any pictures of the Technocraft seats.

Is this strictly an SV issue? Or does the 700-4 have this option too?

Any pictures of the Technocraft seats.

Here is a picture of the seats in a Gallardo. (My first time posting a picture - don't know why I got two copies of it inserted).

Tecnocraft_seat.jpg

Tecnocraft_seat.jpg

Here is a picture of the seats in a Gallardo. (My first time posting a picture - don't know why I got two copies of it inserted).

post-213265-1457186818_thumb.jpg

Those are ugly compared to the SV seats. If uncomfortable, I'd just look at adding extra padding to the SV seats.

Those are ugly compared to the SV seats. If uncomfortable, I'd just look at adding extra padding to the SV seats.

I agree they are not as good looking as the SV sport seats. However, my problem is not just that they are uncomfortable. It is lack of any headroom. My head hits the headliner, even when I slouch down in a very uncomfortable seating position. I have dealt with the factory, and there is no way to get more headroom. So, I either need to replace the seats, or sell the car. The car is too fantastic to sell, so, I will put up with the Tecnocraft seats.

I agree they are not as good looking as the SV sport seats. However, my problem is not just that they are uncomfortable. It is lack of any headroom. My head hits the headliner, even when I slouch down in a very uncomfortable seating position. I have dealt with the factory, and there is no way to get more headroom. So, I either need to replace the seats, or sell the car. The car is too fantastic to sell, so, I will put up with the Tecnocraft seats.

I have the same problem, so I did a seat fitting in a coupe at the Lambo dealer and when the Roadster arrives, they will change the rails to drop the seat a bit and recline it. The SV seats need an extra set of rails that sits ON TOP of the standard rails that the comfort seats bolt on to.

Bld can someone take the SV buckets out and custom make rails which would enable the seats to seat lower and even recline?

Sorry to hear that you aren't comfortable in the seat, such a shame.

Bld can someone take the SV buckets out and custom make rails which would enable the seats to seat lower and even recline?

Sorry to hear that you aren't comfortable in the seat, such a shame.

That's exactly what I am doing. Seemed straight forward when we took the seat apart off a coupe. It will be reclined, but fixed, so you have to choose the angle.

That's exactly what I am doing. Seemed straight forward when we took the seat apart off a coupe. It will be reclined, but fixed, so you have to choose the angle.

My dealer would not do anything to resolve this issue. I think they were worried about the potential liability from changing a highly regulated item (at least here in the U.S.) in the car like the seat - i guess I can understand that. I brought my car to a local race shop, and they did take out the seat to take measurements to make new custom rails. They said that the seat is basically right on the floor with the stock rails, so it can't be lowered meaningfully. Given that, they then thought if we could just recline the seat some, it would allow more headroom. However, they concluded that, because of the shape/design of the seat, there is not enough clearance behind the seat to allow it to recline more than a fraction of an inch.

I am curious if your dealer knows something that my racing shop did not see. If so, I would love to solve this problem without replacing the seats.

SV is going into production next week or so - had another long discussion and went with the comfort seat.

Good luck adjusting the sport seat - the seat was fitted with a small to medium 5' 7 - 5' 10 160 180 lb.

Who cares what it looks like - it's a race dedicated seat for the above size if you aren't that size it's a torture chamber.