Urus

Nuvolari612

Enjoy having a high powered SUV currently own the Range Rover SVR - 8:14 ring time making it the fastest SUV but the Urus could be a nice replacement.

Urus will be powered by a 4.0-litre twin turbo V8 - it's pretty obvious Winkelman showed his cards and turbo's are on the way.

“This is a major step. We always have a discussion... “What is the best engine?” For the super sports cars [the Huracan and Aventador] the best is still naturally aspirated, without saying we will always be like this.” The two sports cars currently use V10 and V12 engines respectively.

“If turbos would be better we will think about it," continued Winkelmann. "And we will not be ones to say we won’t go with that if it is better than what we have today.”

A V8 turbo will provide lower emissions and plenty of torque for when (if) the Urus ventures off road. The news also dispels hints that the upcoming SUV would be a plug-in hybrid, as previously thought.

On the hybrid subject Winkelmann said: “It is something we are thinking about, but if I had to say which is the first car that will have some form of electrification, I would immediately blindfolded say SUV.”

post-213219-1449064385_thumb.jpg

when (if) the Urus ventures off road.

Hahahaha. Right, for when you go wheeling with your 35 series Pzeros, or whatever similar rubber comes OEM.

For sure the V8 TT is a sign of things to come. "everyone's doing it"

Was bound to happen. Evolution wise, pretty consistently about 5 years behind ferrari.

Next up : we have decided that turbos ARE, after all, the right way to go for all our cars.

Was bound to happen. Evolution wise, pretty consistently about 5 years behind ferrari.

Next up : we have decided that turbos ARE, after all, the right way to go for all our cars.

Turbo Ferrari SUV?

The V8 engine is a new development, not an Audi sourced unit ... so it could be delivering some serious HP in the end.

Bentley is already developing a more powerful SUV than it's standard my guess is the two will be very similar.

Audi and Lambo already work extremely close with the R8 - it makes sense these two become more alike than different.

I think we all agree that we like the Estoque more than the Urus. I also think we all agree that the gallardo/huracan is to Lambo what the Cayenne is to Porsche.

Personally I don't see why Lambo needs the Urus to be a breadwinner when they have the Gallardo and now the Huracan. I also see the Estoque as more in line with the brand then the Urus. However if Lambo wants to make a spiritually success to the RamboLambo and make it the single craziest SUV out there I am willing to give them a chance. They haven't disappointed us lately and I don't see then starting now.

I think we all agree that we like the Estoque more than the Urus. I also think we all agree that the gallardo/huracan is to Lambo what the Cayenne is to Porsche.

Personally I don't see why Lambo needs the Urus to be a breadwinner when they have the Gallardo and now the Huracan. I also see the Estoque as more in line with the brand then the Urus. However if Lambo wants to make a spiritually success to the RamboLambo and make it the single craziest SUV out there I am willing to give them a chance. They haven't disappointed us lately and I don't see then starting now.

Urus will make tones of money, it will be a rebadged Q7, similar with what that Bentley thing is.

Hopefully they will put it back into developing the sports car range.

Urus will make tones of money, it will be a rebadged Q7, similar with what that Bentley thing is.

Hopefully they will put it back into developing the sports car range.

Agree plus the dealers benefit - think it's a winner all around.

HannibalACP82 - It will be their Cayenne and out sell the Aventador and Huracan annually combined. Agree on your Estoque comments. Shame they didn't take an RS7 chassis and mod that.

LamboCARS - If Bentley borrows VW engines I think is it is unlikely to think Lamborghini won't either.

All this Cayanne talk makes me want a GTS! Used are stupid cheap over here too.

Cayennes are fantastic you wouldn't regret buying one.