My gated LP640

JohnN

He sent me an ebay link to a set of Hermera wheels he wanted to buy for his LP640...I could tell they were replicas just from looking at the center caps..I found him another used oem set which he bought later..

Hmm, I wouldn't call someone a liar about the realness of their wheels for sale based on the center caps. The center caps are very separate from the wheels. It's very possible the center caps were acquired separately and added to the wheels. Even the factory center caps are pretty cheesy.

Glad the car worked out for you. From the original damage pictures, it looked fairly minor for a fire. Candle... I call BS, my bet is it's either from jump starting the car or a fuel line issue (LP640 recall).

Hmm, I wouldn't call someone a liar about the realness of their wheels for sale based on the center caps. The center caps are very separate from the wheels. It's very possible the center caps were acquired separately and added to the wheels. Even the factory center caps are pretty cheesy.

The replica wheels' center cap is a totally different design from OEM. Not just the cap itself.

Congratulations John. Glad to have another one of the six speed 640s represented on the board. They are unbelievable cars. I expect the gold car will do very strong money in Scottsdale at the end of the month but I can't imagine parting with mine. Enjoy it in good health. The clean up process is always a lot of fun.

I have a lot of cars. This is one among the few i will never sell. I'm thinking about burning the title. Lol

But seriously, i can't wait to make this car factory perfect and clear bra and ceramic coat the entire thing.

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

• 5 months later...
Black is so sinister!

The red 6sp just popped up for sale in canada, says deal pending deal thought

The car went through my tenant"s Lambo authorized body shop where it was totaled then went to copart. Damage was light but candle my ass! You really think they totaled the car over a decklid being burnt by a candle?

Abolfaz, think you can get me in contact with the shop that had my car at one point? It's been driving mint like the day i got it. The fire not only burnt the decklid, but a small piece of the quarter, and small piece of the roof and the side winglet. They just had the paint melted off. Everything w as repaired minty. I'll dig up damaged pics soon. It does look stellar now after i put some love to it. Going on a 2000 mile road trip with it soon.

JohnN, you are a lucky man.

You ended up with a spectacular 6speed MT Murci, reading all the horror stories about rebuilt totaled cars and also from certain people mentioned in this thread I think you must have good karma.

Enjoy it.

JohnN, you are a lucky man.

You ended up with a spectacular 6speed MT Murci, reading all the horror stories about rebuilt totaled cars and also from certain people mentioned in this thread I think you must have good karma.

Enjoy it.

No matter how good the 'deal' is, giving Dr. Douchebag a cent is just wrong. He has screwed so many people (including me), on parts purchases, and many car purchases, that I think its unwise for anyone to deal with him. But oh well, hope you don't become one of his victims ....

Good Luck...

Jon

Sorry to hear that Jon. I did my FULL due diligence on the entire deal. Either i got this one or payed double for another. ..

Sorry to hear that Jon. I did my FULL due diligence on the entire deal. Either i got this one or payed double for another. ..

I was looking at this car, too, but listened to everyone else on this board and passed. Congrats and props to you to forging ahead, and finding the sweetest deal to ever make its way into the used Lambo market!

Very nice. Jealous you got a gated!

I inquired about this car about a year ago but it was too far for me to feel comfortable doing my due diligence on it remotely.

I'm glad it checked out!

Not only did i go balls deep on the car, i had his local Lambo dealer do so too with a detailed invoice. Car drives great.

That is awesome. :) And with how rare they are, it should be one hell of an appreciating asset over the years as well (not that you'll ever sell it)! :)

I hope I can make it out to your neck of NJ one day to see that beast in person John!

• 1 month later...
Glad the car worked out for you. From the original damage pictures, it looked fairly minor for a fire. Candle... I call BS, my bet is it's either from jump starting the car or a fuel line issue (LP640 recall).

The replica wheels' center cap is a totally different design from OEM. Not just the cap itself.

FYI the OEM caps fit the replica wheels. Only way to tell the OEM wheel is look for the Lamborghini logo on the back because the replica's don't have that.

I've always maintained that you are buying the car, not the dealer. Want to get all self-righteous? You may be walking away from the car that's right for you. OP already said that he has the car, probably shook it out a bit at this point, and is happy. So why needle him about what a scumbag the seller is? It's not like you can just go down to Wal-Mart or Carmax and buy one of these. If you want something particular in an exotic - and especially at a value in an appreciating market, you have to be willing to take risks.

It's a really sweet-looking Bull (Caveat: I love Black). Enjoy it.

Wasn't much of a risk. I did my due diligence.

Just beat the snot out of it for 2100 miles through the midwest. The damn thing never missed a beat. Tracked it, drag raced it, launched in multipe times, cruised at 120+++ for hours, hit 181. Pure heaven. Didn't break windshield but i do have to paint the front end. Lots of other exotics on the trip spraying shit. Got chipped up bad. Will definitely clear bra complete front and windshield after.