2010 Bentley Supersports OR Gen V Viper

Chipster

Supersports or Viper  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Which option would you choose?

• 2010 Bentley Supersports
    • 2016 Viper ACR base OR 2014 Viper TA
  2. 2. Which option do you think will hold value better?

• 2016 Viper ACR base OR 2014 Viper TA
  3. 3. Which vehicle requires more sunscreen when driving?

• 2016 Viper ACR base or 2014 Viper TA

So assuming the Diablo sells, these are pretty much the only 2 options that appeal to me even though they are pretty different. MAYBE a manual Gallardo but let's ignore that for now. I feel like both I could drive a couple times a week. In the supersports I would probably miss having a manual car but other than that, I really like the package. I am a previous Viper owner so the Gen V is appealing too and of course would have warranty. A lightly used TA or SRT would also be considered since I could put the price difference toward a supercharger.

I think the supersports would hold value pretty well since it's already taken most of the depreciation hit and it's a fairly limited production car. Viper could be ok too, especially if 2017 is last production year. I'd prefer not to spend 100k on something that will be worth 50k in 4-5 years.

Anyways, it's possible I may be snowed in for the foreseeable future so I figured I would throw this up for some entertainment.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So assuming the Diablo sells, these are pretty much the only 2 options that appeal to me even though they are pretty different. MAYBE a manual Gallardo but let's ignore that for now. I feel like both I could drive a couple times a week. In the supersports I would probably miss having a manual car but other than that, I really like the package. I am a previous Viper owner so the Gen V is appealing too and of course would have warranty. A lightly used TA or SRT would also be considered since I could put the price difference toward a supercharger.

I think the supersports would hold value pretty well since it's already taken most of the depreciation hit and it's a fairly limited production car. Viper could be ok too, especially if 2017 is last production year. I'd prefer not to spend 100k on something that will be worth 50k in 4-5 years.

Anyways, it's possible I may be snowed in for the foreseeable future so I figured I would throw this up for some entertainment.

I love the SS but it s so diff from a viper. I drove a gen 3 viper for 7 years then bought my Gallardo. There is just no comparison (for me, not power) driving experience, thrill, sound etc. I will say the Viper is the best bang for the buck car I think. If it were me I would go with the Gen 4 Viper. Where are you leaning towards?

Do I even need to answer this question. :icon_mrgreen:

ACR will probably hold it's value better, but the T/A is a damn good looking car.

Are you going to track it? I've heard from quite a few people the GTS suspension is 95% as capable as the T/A but a lot more comfortable to drive regularly.

If you are torn between an ACR and TA you could always go for the TA 2.0. Has the looks of the ACR but is much more forgiving.

blue-dodge-viper-ta-2-1.jpg

Or buy my Supercharged Gen 3 and save a bunch of $. :)

Reading this post may cost you $130k. No photoshop, that is the car in it's actual street stance on 20/21's. :monkeyleft:

Nothing under $500k has that much road presence.

12553004_10153241480516976_978176034624883971_n.jpg

12417583_10153241480311976_2953320893635026621_n.jpg

1937006_10153241480396976_8278277987115532101_n.jpg

I love the SS but it s so diff from a viper. I drove a gen 3 viper for 7 years then bought my Gallardo. There is just no comparison (for me, not power) driving experience, thrill, sound etc. I will say the Viper is the best bang for the buck car I think. If it were me I would go with the Gen 4 Viper. Where are you leaning towards?

Gen 3 and Gen 4 Vipers do nothing for me honestly. I agree they are very different. At some point I could have both. I could see the SS being more useable though

If you are torn between an ACR and TA you could always go for the TA 2.0. Has the looks of the ACR but is much more forgiving.

blue-dodge-viper-ta-2-1.jpg

Or buy my Supercharged Gen 3 and save a bunch of $. :)

Haha, the TA variants all look pretty good. Even a base SRT with aero package and some wheels looks good IMO. Gen 3 just never appealed to me. The thing I like most about the ACR is the interior. Actually had received a trade offer for a Gen 3 plus cash for the Diablo, I think it was turbo'd maybe but I forget. But thank you.

Reading this post may cost you $130k. No photoshop, that is the car in it's actual street stance on 20/21's. :monkeyleft:

Nothing under $500k has that much road presence.

post-22556-1453478747_thumb.jpg

post-22556-1453478740_thumb.jpg

post-22556-1453478732_thumb.jpg

I've definitely followed Darius' posts on Viper forums and that car looks awesome. I don't think I would want to drop that much on an ACR extreme and wheels. I think it might be better to go the used ACR route in a couple years but that's a gamble with production. Also, even if it's blasphemy, I would probably never track either car or if I did it would be pretty seldom.

New ACR is the money. Sell Diablo and wait till ACR comes into your price range.

That is a possibility. The SS would save about $25k though. I do need to get a ride in both to get a better feel. I've sat in a 2013 SRT but haven't driven one. Easy to find some local people for that though. SS is not the same. Toofdoc might be the nearest owner I'm aware of lol. The interior on the SS is awesome though! I've never had a vehicle with turbos either.

Two very different choices..what will be your primary function for the car? If just a cruiser, 100% SS. If you want a race car, def the snake. I would take the SS hands down as it's gorgeous, comfortable, it's a Bentley and fast as F***.

I know nothing about vipers, but I think you will be bored of the Bentley quickly, it's like a fast Range Rover in comparison to an actual sports car, very nice place to be and fast up to the low hundreds but ultimately missing soul.

I know nothing about vipers, but I think you will be bored of the Bentley quickly, it's like a fast Range Rover in comparison to an actual sports car, very nice place to be and fast up to the low hundreds but ultimately missing soul.

:iamwithstupid:

As a replacement for the Diablo, a viper is the only logical choice of the two. Bentley is cool, but it's not that fast or exciting.

Which one will you walk to the garage just to stare at it, or have people tripping over themselves when you drive by?

You need to drive a new GTS just for the experience, and then see an ACR in person. Even guys in other exotics rubber neck at them. It's a fcuking sinister car to see on the road, MUCH more aggressive than you think it's going to be.

Unless you want a completely different experience, get the Viper.

As a start, your would have full warranty of the Viper. The SS would be $$$ to fix/service and that includes DYI-scenario.

I actually was interested in a SS and the dealer gave me 2 different cars on a few weeks to try out. Regrettably, as much as I want to like it, I just can't. CGT's are infamously known to be very thirsty and the SS is worse. It's not the price of gas really but the inconvenience to visit the pump once every 2.5days! Performance-wise, it's not really as fast as one perceives it to be (especially when you are Diablo owner); comfort-wise, it's no where as comfy as the standard CGT. And it still weights a ton (2+ tons in fact) and it's big & bulky. To me, the SS is a "neither-nor" car.

The Viper serves a dedicated purpose. It's never ever the same league in fit & finish and build quality as a Bentley but it isn't trying to be one either. No need to elaborate what the Viper really is as we all knew already. I also agree that it is apples & oranges. The Viper has a single purpose which it has achieved whereas the SS is a "what-if-we-do-this" product that didn't really work.

Two very different choices..what will be your primary function for the car? If just a cruiser, 100% SS. If you want a race car, def the snake. I would take the SS hands down as it's gorgeous, comfortable, it's a Bentley and fast as F***.

I would say cruiser. And just looking at the poll, my thoughts are I could try it out for a year and worst case I sell it and not lose too much. I agree with you!

The Diablo isn't exactly a neck breaker speed wise lol. The Bentley with an exhaust and tune would be 700ish crank. I'm sure that would be entertaining but I agree with you guys that I'm comparing two uncomparable cars.

:iamwithstupid:

As a replacement for the Diablo, a viper is the only logical choice of the two. Bentley is cool, but it's not that fast or exciting.

Which one will you walk to the garage just to stare at it, or have people tripping over themselves when you drive by?

You need to drive a new GTS just for the experience, and then see an ACR in person. Even guys in other exotics rubber neck at them. It's a fcuking sinister car to see on the road, MUCH more aggressive than you think it's going to be.

I do need to drive one for sure. I definitely want to get one at some point but I'd also like to try a Bentley. I drove an Arnage a couple years back and I do recall having a smile on my face. A Viper would be more "fun" though, no doubt.

Can you wait for this one?

EXP%2010%20Speed%206%20-%20Front%20Three%20Quarter%201398%20x%206991.jpg

That is still a prototype isn't it? I think it would be out of my price range anyways. Does look hot though.

They're apples and oranges...

Definitely. I don't even really know why but there is very little that appeals to me around $100. If I could swing it, a 570 would be very intriguing.

Unless you want a completely different experience, get the Viper.

As a start, your would have full warranty of the Viper. The SS would be $$$ to fix/service and that includes DYI-scenario.

I actually was interested in a SS and the dealer gave me 2 different cars on a few weeks to try out. Regrettably, as much as I want to like it, I just can't. CGT's are infamously known to be very thirsty and the SS is worse. It's not the price of gas really but the inconvenience to visit the pump once every 2.5days! Performance-wise, it's not really as fast as one perceives it to be (especially when you are Diablo owner); comfort-wise, it's no where as comfy as the standard CGT. And it still weights a ton (2+ tons in fact) and it's big & bulky. To me, the SS is a "neither-nor" car.

The Viper serves a dedicated purpose. It's never ever the same league in fit & finish and build quality as a Bentley but it isn't trying to be one either. No need to elaborate what the Viper really is as we all knew already. I also agree that it is apples & oranges. The Viper has a single purpose which it has achieved whereas the SS is a "what-if-we-do-this" product that didn't really work.

From what I've seen, the common stuff is air suspension, window and seat motors, and things of that nature which there look to be aftermarket replacements and I can do the work. Other than the Diablo and the bike, my other vehicles in the past were not fast. The Bentley would be quicker but I can undertake what you mean. As for fuel, I'm seeing people say up to 20 is possible cruising. I don't live in the city so I don't have to deal with traffic all the time. And I average about 14 in my Tundra so even if it were low, it's not a huge deal since it wouldn't be a DD.

Great opinions though guys!

Bentley is boring, don't do it.

You erection killer! Lol

I'm sure I would feel a little disappointed on twisty roads compared to a Sportscar.

If you live in Fredericksburg chances are you are sitting in traffic more often then not so I would go with the Bentley. You can go to tysons or Richmond for service so that won't be an issue. If you do go with a SS I would get a later one that has the back seat for future resale.

If you live in Fredericksburg chances are you are sitting in traffic more often then not so I would go with the Bentley. You can go to tysons or Richmond for service so that won't be an issue. If you do go with a SS I would get a later one that has the back seat for future resale.

To and from work there is some traffic but at other times it's not too bad. I've seen that the seats cause a big price jump.