5 great exotics, car poll..

SV-N-IT

80 members have voted

1. 1. which one would you choose?

• GT3RS
    • 911R
    • Huracan
    • 675LT

I'm not sure the 911r will be $1 million. That's a huge increase from the $185,000 msrp. And it's not nearly as special as a 918 to be in that price range.

I'm not sure the 911r will be $1 million. That's a huge increase from the $185,000 msrp. And it's not nearly as special as a 918 to be in that price range.

my guess is 300-400k atleast for the 1st year.

my guess is 300-400k atleast for the 1st year.

I will have to find the listing, but I saw an order slot listed at $1,250,000.00. I know that is asking and not selling, but still.

I will have to find the listing, but I saw an order slot listed at $1,250,000.00. I know that is asking and not selling, but still.

unreal.. that is just insanity

It is approaching late Friday night here so here are my thoughts of the day and I welcome any comments on the following.

A friend suggested that R needs a Hump tail. Like the Lightweights. I like the car but I agree it needs a little something even though it will be an niche experience to drive.

The R will reach massive premiums, dealers will do well and conduct nefarious activities with customers orders. But Porsche have released the GT4 and now the Porsche R. What is to say the manual special editions stop at the R? I cannot see that being the last special manual porsche so why the premium?

I have a lot of love for a 675Lt but I cannot see the strong residuals staying once spiders are delivered which is a shame because the roof scoop option and wheel arch grills makes the car look amazing.

I will say one thing, manuals are overrated, manufacturers found another "weak spot" to milk the consumer.

Nobody wants manuals anymore, the majority of the market votes with their wallets, they stop making them, some want them and start bitching why they stop making them, the ones that bitched decided to pay a premium for the few which were made when nobody wanted them anymore, now the trend followers and speculators jumped on the train and started to bitch crying for manuals and how manufacturers are mean bastards by depriving them of their childhood dreams, Porche sits in a corner thinking, let's give them much less and charged them more, let's give them some but not enough, let's select a few so we make them feel special and let the rest salivate, the special ones will rip of the rest who now magically once again want manual cars and are willing to pay a premium because manual, old school, brings back memories, man one with the machine and whatever other fluff LOL.

I do not get the premiums on the GT4, the R, etc. I also don't really get the obsession of every jurno out there with the GT4, it's a good fun little car, I own and drove one for a while now but really put the pom pons down it's not God's gift to humanity.

It is approaching late Friday night here so here are my thoughts of the day and I welcome any comments on the following.

A friend suggested that R needs a Hump tail. Like the Lightweights. I like the car but I agree it needs a little something even though it will be an niche experience to drive.

The R will reach massive premiums, dealers will do well and conduct nefarious activities with customers orders. But Porsche have released the GT4 and now the Porsche R. What is to say the manual special editions stop at the R? I cannot see that being the last special manual porsche so why the premium?

I have a lot of love for a 675Lt but I cannot see the strong residuals staying once spiders are delivered which is a shame because the roof scoop option and wheel arch grills makes the car look amazing.

agree the R is missing a wing. it just doesn't look right to me. for this group I'm on the LT..

Regrets but I belong to the "none of the above" group.

I still have to get used to the looks of the 488. And being the first of a new generation of powerplants, the ver.2 is bound to be better. I don't get the hype on the Porsche's at all. They are great cars and they are the benchmark to a certain degree; but they are neither engineered nor made by the divine and I just don't see the crazy premium needed for them. More power to those who don't mine paying for them but personally, no thanks. And I have noticed one disturbing fact of late, at least it's happening in this part of the world. Porsche owners are beginning to see themselves like a religious cult and would do everything on trying to convert you to join their following; they seem almost addicted and you must join them or be labelled as an outcast. :rolleyes:

In all honesty, I have not tried a 675LT but I tried just about everything else including the P1. As performance-oriented as the Macs are, IMO, they still feel very sterile; that they somewhat lack a soul. They are blindingly fast but somehow they just don't "feel" very special. And their resale value is not unlike the Aston Martin's so that has a negative effect.

I would maintain on what I had said all along --- looking forward to the Huracan Superleggera.

Another alternative car missing from the list. 570S.

Yes I know I am McLaren fanboi

i am too! but the 570 is supposedly the entry level 911 turbo competitor but it looks to be the fastest of the group lol

A little OT but I'm really hope Lambo does something special with the Huracan SL and other, true special editions of the car. Not Avio or other special paint and interior color BS that they've already started with. The Scuderias, Speciales, LTs, GT3RS, are truly unique cars. Engines, body work, driving dynamics, etc...

Also, it seems like the Huracan is going to be a half-slot below the Ferrari and MAC competition? 488 is 670 hp, 675LT is.... 675. Huracan is 610 so far, and not sure how much more they can push the engine, 620? 630? with much less torque than the competition. It's starting to look closer to 570S competition than 650S.

In any event, will be very interesting to see what they do here. I'm a lambo fan but they really have to stop with the special color stripe special edition BS and make something legit (see STS, SL, SC, etc...)

A little OT but I'm really hope Lambo does something special with the Huracan SL and other, true special editions of the car. Not Avio or other special paint and interior color BS that they've already started with. The Scuderias, Speciales, LTs, GT3RS, are truly unique cars. Engines, body work, driving dynamics, etc...

Also, it seems like the Huracan is going to be a half-slot below the Ferrari and MAC competition? 488 is 670 hp, 675LT is.... 675. Huracan is 610 so far, and not sure how much more they can push the engine, 620? 630? with much less torque than the competition. It's starting to look closer to 570S competition than 650S.

In any event, will be very interesting to see what they do here. I'm a lambo fan but they really have to stop with the special color stripe special edition BS and make something legit (see STS, SL, SC, etc...)

seeing what they did with the SV, I'm sure the H SL will be something special. I love the H platform but it needs a little less refinement and more rawness!