6.0 value?

sprite

Your answer lies in the first 5 words that you wrote.

It's a luxury, not a necessity. If someone has the means, they get what they want. Personally I prefer the 6.0, followed closely by a 99SV. I really want one, now. I could not see spending any kind of notable money and not getting what I really want, and having to rationalize what I did buy to myself. Occasionally I'll listen to someone explaining the 'bargain' or the value in their recent car purchase in some type of similar justification like the one you write. I feel bad for them as they're doing that.

I think that the Aventador is terrific and close friend DollarBill's White SV is utterly stunning. But for me - it's Diablo. After several Murcielago's I now realize that it's always been Diablo. I hope to get one soon.

:icon_super: its time to pull the trigger H!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know the blue 6.0 in Boston that's advertised?

That car is stunning, but the lack of stock wheels make me wonder about the history.

It's a luxury, not a necessity. If someone has the means, they get what they want. Personally I prefer the 6.0, followed closely by a 99SV. I really want one, now. I could not see spending any kind of notable money and not getting what I really want, and having to rationalize what I did buy to myself. Occasionally I'll listen to someone explaining the 'bargain' or the value in their recent car purchase in some type of similar justification like the one you write. I feel bad for them as they're doing that.

I think that the Aventador is terrific and close friend DollarBill's White SV is utterly stunning. But for me - it's Diablo. After several Murcielago's I now realize that it's always been Diablo. I hope to get one soon.

it is diablo for me to. and i am with you to get the one you want

what i mean is that i have seen a lot of people understimating the old diablos without ever driving one

i own 2 diablos: 93 and 97 roadster

of these 2 my fav is the older, that is also cheaper in today's market. If i could get a 4rd lambo i would probably get a very early 1990 diablo

not related to you: but some people tend to follow the trend of the market, i did the same mistake with diablos, thinking the old ones were bad cars because i heard from others the early diablos are the worst, bad to drive, bad quality, etc...

my suggestion is try some and see for yourself what they really are before buyng

now that i got the chance to drive diablo, vt, vt roadster, sv my opinion is changed

i think the early cars are beautiful and special: no power steering, 2wd, light, raw and pure design

is not justification because i cannot buy a 6.0. i think all diablos are nice

i fully understand a premium for Jota or SE30: these i agree are special

6.0 is a great car, but same goes for the diablo or VT 5.700...i mean a 6.0 i am not so sure 6.0 is so special or rare to justify its today price (imo)

as for value of variants: they change with time...see anniversay VS LP400 countach, it was the opposite in early 90's

Anyone know the blue 6.0 in Boston that's advertised?

It used to belong to Al Burtonni from the Morgan hill area...I think everyone remembers him.

After his death it was for sale on consignment with a store in San Jose.....then it ended up with the current store selling it

after owning a vt and monterey sv in the past and many other exotics,the diablo is the one i miss,will forsure get another one again maybe this time a roadster since never owned an open top diablo,will wait till prices settle and than pull the trigger

after owning a vt and monterey sv in the past and many other exotics,the diablo is the one i miss,will forsure get another one again maybe this time a roadster since never owned an open top diablo,will wait till prices settle and than pull the trigger

It used to belong to Al Burtonni from the Morgan hill area...I think everyone remembers him.

After his death it was for sale on consignment with a store in San Jose.....then it ended up with the current store selling it

I think you may have this car confused with another one Roy. This car was purchased new at Nelson Lamborghini and only had one owner. A 66 year old gentleman

that's name is on the original title and he traded it in on a G-car because of his difficulty getting in and out. The car is very nice and never painted on or scratched and

very well maintained. He was friends with Al Burtoni and had him make the wheels for him. That's probably what threw you off. I spoke to the original owner to verify

in Boston.

Better photo taken last week. While I love the 6.0 wheels on most colors, I don't care as much for them on Monterey Blue but wish he would have kept them because of the value.

post-214179-1469113893_thumb.jpg

That car is just a stunner. I love Monterrey blue, and I love the 6.0. but agree about the stock wheels. IM sure someone could find a set!

i looked into it was for sale for some time,looks to be sold under asking price

30 days but it was going through a complete service including valve adjustments, all filters, brake fluid changes, new tires, alignment, etc.. Very thorough going over to sell. but I think they did not put it outside of their dealership until just recently. Nice and rare no story one owner car .

That car is just a stunner. I love Monterrey blue, and I love the 6.0. but agree about the stock wheels. IM sure someone could find a set!

The factory still offers the wheels but for huge money. 16 grand I believe. They not that nice, Lol.

love your 6.0 and im good with the high miles,just cant swallow high askig price.glws

Roy has a nice car there but high miles? I have owned 11 lambos with low mileage and the ones with 15-30k miles are the best by far. They run better, have fewer problems and well sorted out.

I know 20k seems high based on what we like to see but 23k miles is super low. That is less that 2k miles a year! Those cars really need at least that many miles to stay in good shape. Just my

opinion though. As you know, opinions vary a lot, lol.

Roy has a nice car there but high miles? I have owned 11 lambos with low mileage and the ones with 15-30k miles are the best by far. They run better, have fewer problems and well sorted out.

I know 20k seems high based on what we like to see but 23k miles is super low. That is less that 2k miles a year! Those cars really need at least that many miles to stay in good shape. Just my

opinion though. As you know, opinions vary a lot, lol.

ive done business with roy a few xs,also 20k miles or so its not high but when its time to sell most of the buyers it is to them,ive had 2 diablos a vt and sv and im not interested in buying at current prices .if i dont ever get one again im ok i put over 30k miles on my vt and not much on the sv so i had alot of fun in the diablos.

• 2 weeks later...
what i mean is that i have seen a lot of people understimating the old diablos without ever driving one

i think the early cars are beautiful and special: no power steering, 2wd, light, raw and pure design

as for value of variants: they change with time...see anniversay VS LP400 countach, it was the opposite in early 90's

You make some great points; thank-you. As I grow more impatient, am considering building out an early car (modifying) to make it what I really like. Probably can't change the dash though; getting parts and wiring looks like a nightmare.

I love LP400. I think that the Diablo would be a more satisfying driving experience though. And trying to get parts for a Countach? It would probably be easier to change the Diablo dashboard!

You make some great points; thank-you. As I grow more impatient, am considering building out an early car (modifying) to make it what I really like. Probably can't change the dash though; getting parts and wiring looks like a nightmare.

I love LP400. I think that the Diablo would be a more satisfying driving experience though. And trying to get parts for a Countach? It would probably be easier to change the Diablo dashboard!

What exactly are you thinking of doing?

What exactly are you thinking of doing?

Clean, efficient look. No wing. Clean body. Build the engine for performance without going to an add-on. Maybe aftermarket seats and refresh the interior.

Clean, efficient look. No wing. Clean body. Build the engine for performance without going to an add-on. Maybe aftermarket seats and refresh the interior.

:iamwithstupid: do it :icon_thumleft:

• 2 weeks later...

A nice 6.0 went through the Mecum Auction in Monterey a few days ago. It was yellow with a yellow/black interior and 13,676 miles; SN: ZA9DU01B11LA12852.

It was a "no sale" at a high bid of $250,000.

A nice 6.0 went through the Mecum Auction in Monterey a few days ago. It was yellow with a yellow/black interior and 13,676 miles; SN: ZA9DU01B11LA12852.

It was a "no sale" at a high bid of $250,000.

Days of 250k or below are over for 6.0. May as well accept it.

Days of 250k or below are over for 6.0. May as well accept it.

I disagree and think that is all of the money for one with reasonable miles.