Potential coup in Turkey underway.

kinnsella

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Instead of our wet dream of ousting Assad, Erdogan needs to be removed from power.

Or maybe we should just let everyone deal with their own mess and just protect our borders.

Or maybe we should just let everyone deal with their own mess and just protect our borders.

:iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid:

Man, my father cancelled his trip to turkey last minute.

Thank god!

Erdogan needs to go, however a coup is probably not the right way. Especially now that it failed, he will consolidate his power and draw in even more of the uneducated masses to his cause by telling them that it was western powers trying to destablizing turkey.

The downside of the coup's failure is that it will bring about the complete end of democracy in Turkey. It will be a sham just like in Russia. I see this as the premise for a future civil war between secularists and islamists in Turkey. Not today, but it's possible in the future. So many fault lines in Turkish society, ethnic, religious, political, economical etc. Divisiveness is growing, and when a huge spectrum of society feels pressured, ignored, and disenfranchised... well...

Doesn't sound like it was a real coup... Nobody in charge, and no planning... More like an excuse to declare martial law and get rid of the opposition.

Doesn't sound like it was a real coup... Nobody in charge, and no planning... More like an excuse to declare martial law and get rid of the opposition.

I have a friends that has family members in higher level positions in the government over there, he was saying that as far as all of the people he knows are concerned it was a staged coup. Unbelievable what's happening around the world lately, it's a shame.

:iamwithstupid:

We tried that approach in the 1930's.... It resulted in 60 million dead.

Turkey has the 2nd largest army in NATO. Behind the U.S. The idea of THAT falling into islamists hands is unthinkable.

Turkey has the 2nd largest army in NATO. Behind the U.S. The idea of THAT falling into islamists hands is unthinkable.

:iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid:

What about it being in the hands of a megalomaniac, bent on the restoration of something that never was? Something similar happened in the 30's as well. The present scenario is just as worrying.

What about it being in the hands of a megalomaniac, bent on the restoration of something that never was? Something similar happened in the 30's as well. The present scenario is just as worrying.

I dont see it as any distinction what so ever....

I was rooting for the coup.

On that principle you should wipe out ISIS this afternoon, the west has the ability, why are we f*cking around? Then there is no risk of any army falling in their hands, I don't get the logic, remove the tumor why try fixing it with bandaids ?

Of course this is a very complex issue but there are more pressing problems at home which should take priority, you can't fix everyone and everything, it doesn't work, also there is a big difference between ISIS and what's happened in WW2, we are fighting a completely different war.

On that principle you should wipe out ISIS this afternoon, the west has the ability, why are we f*cking around? Then there is no risk of any army falling in their hands, I don't get the logic, remove the tumor why try fixing it with bandaids ?

Of course this is a very complex issue but there are more pressing problems at home which should take priority, you can't fix everyone and everything, it doesn't work, also there is a big difference between ISIS and what's happened in WW2, we are fighting a completely different war.

Hey... Put me in fcuking charge... ISIS would still just be a hot chick comic book hero... And Iraq wouldve gone a lot differently too... OBL would have been dead in Tora Bora... And the mushroom cloud would still be rising.

You somehow got the impression that I agree with the pussy footed nature we've dealt with this shit?

My dad was a B-52 jockey and humped AGM69s over the north pole like Santa with a sleigh full of Plutonium every night for 6 years... We should have used those Big Ugly Fat Fucks to make the worlds largest Swarovski outlet after 911.

And Israel should have skullfucked several of its neighbors 40 years ago too... If for no other reason than to say "hey... We're fcuking crazy... We've all got a bit of PTSD from that whole halocaust thing... So please... For your own sakes... Dont fcuking piss us off, or we will assfuck you to masada, just for shits and giggles."

But they too are stuck playing a losing PR game of "if we really do what we could do, they wont like us". Yeah... They dont like you anyways, so ya might as well take the fcuking gloves off.

Hey... Put me in fcuking charge... ISIS would still just be a hot chick comic book hero...

Where do I vote, where do I send my sponsorship??

Hey... Put me in fcuking charge... ISIS would still just be a hot chick comic book hero... And Iraq wouldve gone a lot differently too... OBL would have been dead in Tora Bora... And the mushroom cloud would still be rising.

You somehow got the impression that I agree with the pussy footed nature we've dealt with this shit?

My dad was a B-52 jockey and humped AGM69s over the north pole like Santa with a sleigh full of Plutonium every night for 6 years... We should have used those Big Ugly Fat Fucks to make the worlds largest Swarovski outlet after 911.

And Israel should have skullfucked several of its neighbors 40 years ago too... If for no other reason than to say "hey... We're fcuking crazy... We've all got a bit of PTSD from that whole halocaust thing... So please... For your own sakes... Dont fcuking piss us off, or we will assfuck you to masada, just for shits and giggles."

But they too are stuck playing a losing PR game of "if we really do what we could do, they wont like us". Yeah... They dont like you anyways, so ya might as well take the fcuking gloves off.

:iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid:

That's the problem with a an open democracy sometimes...it gets inefficient and those who won't take any action get into power they worry more about people being buddy with them than actually having the balls to say "this is how it's going to go." Leaders need to LEAD. Sometimes you gotta stop asking and just say "F*ck it this is what we're doing" and actually do it.

And yes, the US and Israel should just do an ape sh*t crazy power play to keep people on their toes every now and again without being apologetic about it.

Sounds all good, but you realise that all this hate just creates more hate(yeah, sounds silly doesn´t it)?

You do realise that the reason why islam has been so radicalized in the past decades(and no, before it was WAY less) is BECAUSE of all the intervention of the west and not despite?

Have you ever been to any of the middle eastern countries before alle the wars began(starting with the golf war).

I haven´t but I have family members and friends who have.

You know what they are saying?

That it was basically like the west is today. Very little religious extremism(of course there were still countries like Saudi Arabie).

People partying, woman in miniscurts and what do they look like now?

The same issue with turkey. The EU should have made them a member a long time ago to quell what little islamic tendencies were existant back then and draw them to the west by showing them the benefits of being a part of the western world.

Instead they took "the high road" and said fcuk you! That went great...

You can be as powerful of a nation as you want, if you do not understand basic human needs and how humans are drawn to your cause and not repelled by your views you´re going to fail.

Just as the west did for all this years.

We need to learn that the fcuk you approach just isn´t an intelligent option as ist doesn´t work in the long run.

It´s actually quite easy. Rome did this centuries ago, why are we so ignorant about it?

Sounds all good, but you realise that all this hate just creates more hate(yeah, sounds silly doesn´t it)?

You do realise that the reason why islam has been so radicalized in the past decades(and no, before it was WAY less) is BECAUSE of all the intervention of the west and not despite?

Have you ever been to any of the middle eastern countries before alle the wars began(starting with the golf war).

I haven´t but I have family members and friends who have.

You know what they are saying?

That it was basically like the west is today. Very little religious extremism(of course there were still countries like Saudi Arabie).

People partying, woman in miniscurts and what do they look like now?

The same issue with turkey. The EU should have made them a member a long time ago to quell what little islamic tendencies were existant back then and draw them to the west by showing them the benefits of being a part of the western world.

Instead they took "the high road" and said fcuk you! That went great...

You can be as powerful of a nation as you want, if you do not understand basic human needs and how humans are drawn to your cause and not repelled by your views you´re going to fail.

Just as the west did for all this years.

We need to learn that the fcuk you approach just isn´t an intelligent option as ist doesn´t work in the long run.

It´s actually quite easy. Rome did this centuries ago, why are we so ignorant about it?

So you are saying that if the US never went to Iraq during the Gulf War in order to save Kuwait from Saddam's invasion, women would still be cruising around free of oppression in Iraq? Are you saying if the US never stepped foot in Afghanistan, a pregnant 14 year old wouldn't be killed because of a family dispute with her in-laws? If not for the west, in Pakistan, a brother wouldn't have killed his sister "because she dishonored the family" because of her social media presence? I am far from the most knowledgeable person on ME affairs, but saying the West getting involved in the ME has caused all the problems seems like a stretch to me.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/afghanistan-pr...-honor-killing/

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/18/asia/pakista...her-confession/

It has caused ALOT of the radicalization in the islamic world you are seeing today.

Let me return your question then.

So you are saying the those interventions have caused NO Problems what´s so ever?

The US using alqiada against the russians has caused no problems?

Destabilizing local governments has caused no problems?

Enlighten me, I have nothing against learning something new, but it certainly has left that part of the world in a much worse state.

Don´t get me wrong, I am not strictly against interventions, but It could have been done so much better.