E-Gear -> Manual Conversion

sprite

It's been discussed before. You should be able to find the threads by searching, but from what I remember, not a conclusive outcome, but anything is possible.

The best would have been if you could have bought that wrecked LP640 gated in Canada that sold last week and pulled all the parts and sold the rest.

http://www.copart.com/us/Lot/24552466

Car was in California, not Canada, was wrecked in Cali as well. The previous owner of it lives here in Seattle.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

definitely the front fender and rocker has been painted, or the door and rear fender... but there's definitely massive paint match issues here.

Actually, as I have seen the car, its clear bra that has started to fade yellow...not a paint issues...I am sad and sorry this car suffered such an operation to what it came to be, they are great cars OEM stock..no reason to try and re-invent the wheel...ALL the SV cars are destine to be collector item...

Currently 5 listed on e bay for sale, most I have ever seen at one time. With only 42 that made it to the USA (3 shipped out of country and 4 wrecked)..so 35 or so left, thats more then 10% on the market. The Orange one listed currently is IMO Ugly as hell with aftermarket wheels and all the other stuff that was added to it.

Wow, the door color looks so different from the fender?

definitely the front fender and rocker has been painted, or the door and rear fender... but there's definitely massive paint match issues here.

Maybe his car is balloon white originally wrapped to a Bianco Canopus with a satin wrap? If not that's an awful paint mismatch

I took that pic on May 24, 2016. I'm pretty sure it had a wrap on it.

The car is factory Bianco Canopus and had a very early matte clear bra already on it when I sold him the car 5 or so years ago. Cosmetically the car was in excellent condition. Those matte clear bras have come a long way since then. I just got my matte black Ruf fully wrapped in Xpel Stealth and it looks great.

Enjoyed the brainstorming session today Sprite. Definitely a lot to explore.

I'd be glad to do it if somebody funded the project and supplied a car. :D

I'd be even happier if somebody funded the project and supplied a car, and then you did it, and they gave the car to me for free :eusa_dance:

I'd be glad to do it if somebody funded the project and supplied a car. :D

How many quatloos are we looking at here

I'd be even happier if somebody funded the project and supplied a car, and then you did it, and they gave the car to me for free :eusa_dance:

I wasn't joking for the funding/supplying car, ie someone wants to convert their own car, but not do it themselves.

How many quatloos are we looking at here

Literally no clue at this point, would have to look at wiggs' list, then figure out man hours and assume there would be more parts/time than anticipated for something like this.

If anyone is actually interested, PM me and we can go over it to see if the conversion is worth the effort and cost. I don't think it would add much value to the car and might make a sale more difficult (major swaps scare most people), which is why people are not jumping at the possibility of converting.

I wasn't joking for the funding/supplying car, ie someone wants to convert their own car, but not do it themselves.

Literally no clue at this point, would have to look at wiggs' list, then figure out man hours and assume there would be more parts/time than anticipated for something like this.

If anyone is actually interested, PM me and we can go over it to see if the conversion is worth the effort and cost. I don't think it would add much value to the car and might make a sale more difficult (major swaps scare most people), which is why people are not jumping at the possibility of converting.

I would think the parts list I posted shouldn't be too far off.

I'm not concerned about resale I'm keeping this one forever. I just want the conversion to work!

I have a shop up here in Vancouver, Canada and access to a lot of techs but nobody has that much experience on these cars

The only thing is I wouldn't want to ship my car and leave it in usa for a long time

I've never actually driven a 6MT 640. I rowed the gears in a 580 coupe years ago but completely forget the feel and pedal spacing etc

It is very helpful. Thank you for compiling it.

I need to remove instrument cluster from my list. I was initially informed the manual one did not have the gear selection display, this turned out to be bad info, it does have it, it's just not activated. If you come across any other parts that should be removed or added let me know and I'll update the list.

Edit: I've updated the list now.

Very cool. ZR Calgary did that one. It has the Versace interior and IMSA widebody and centerlocks.

More pics here:

http://zrauto.ca/exotic-and-sports-car-for-sale.html?id=32

It also has the stock engine bonnet converted to glass. I like that the glass panels follow the shape of the original louvers without trying to copy the LP640.

I really like that mod. Such a shame to hide the engine on this car.

I wonder how good it looks and drives in person? It's definitely a lot of car! Just that interior work must have cost close to the current premium of this car over a stock 2002. The panel gaps look pretty horrible in the pics, which is a little bit of a worry on how it will look in person.

My biggest concern is what 1300hp does to a V12 with over 60k miles. Same reason I walked away from the gated lp640 with 40k miles in Arizona. It's just rolling the dice on so many parts that may fail and cost big $$$

My biggest concern is what 1300hp does to a V12 with over 60k miles. Same reason I walked away from the gated lp640 with 40k miles in Arizona. It's just rolling the dice on so many parts that may fail and cost big $$$

I can't imagine how many clutches that would be on a 1300hp car over 60K miles...

Of course, it's possible it only has a 1000 miles since the turbos were added.

40-60k on a Murci is not a concern. TT is a different story though.

If built right it shouldn't be a big deal, 1300hp from 6.5L isn't terribly stressful, just have to keep an eye on crank flex more than anything.

I wouldn't have been worried about a 40k mile LP640. But rest assured a TT Murci is going to have some expensive service bills in it's lifetime, this really isn't a car for people on any kind of sane budget. You have to be completely ok with the possibility that the tranny will explode or motor will eat itself at any point in time.

If priced right the Murcie w high miles and manual tranny is a solid buy. We all know about the quarter million plus mile car.

http://edbolian.com/the-highest-mileage-murcielago/

I was within inches of pulling the trigger on the 40k mile car, we negotiated a price I was comfortable with, and the seller is a really nice guy. However, my "problem" is I like to drive my cars a lot (3 to 5 k miles a year) and I wouldn't want to ever get rid of a manual lp640. So....within 5 years I would be getting into some potential big repairs, including carbon ceramic replacement, seals, valves, and normal wear and tear from a starter, alternator, AC compressor, fans, just normal stuff that breaks on cars. Just too many "maybes" and "ifs" on a high mile exotic. My ford diesel has 100k and I'll drive it another 200k. A Lambo, different animal

If built right it shouldn't be a big deal, 1300hp from 6.5L isn't terribly stressful,

The 1300hp one above with 60K is a 2002 6.2L

I was within inches of pulling the trigger on the 40k mile car, we negotiated a price I was comfortable with, and the seller is a really nice guy. However, my "problem" is I like to drive my cars a lot (3 to 5 k miles a year) and I wouldn't want to ever get rid of a manual lp640. So....within 5 years I would be getting into some potential big repairs, including carbon ceramic replacement, seals, valves, and normal wear and tear from a starter, alternator, AC compressor, fans, just normal stuff that breaks on cars. Just too many "maybes" and "ifs" on a high mile exotic. My ford diesel has 100k and I'll drive it another 200k. A Lambo, different animal

Starting to sound like you belong in something along the lines of a Gallardo instead of a finicky, old-school exotic like the Murci.

I have a few clients with 60K+ miles on their Murcis with no major problems. I've had two Murcis with over 30k miles and no major problems. If you're concerned with things breaking on a Murci, you definitely need to go with a different car. While they are quite reliable, random things do break and it's not based on mileage.