Lambo Owner Only Section

sprite

It will be kind of hard to determine who deserves to be in or not. Some people will think that someone else should be in while others will not want that person to be in.

How about letting people in with a high post count? Maybe 2000-3000, that way it has to be people that has contributed alot for a long time.

And if a newbie tries to post a bunch of crap just to reach that level, the mods will catch it way ahead of him reaching that high.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On today's episode of Lambo Power: Playing Forum God. How to decide who is in and who is out?

It'd be hilarious if we could do some type of "survivor" challenges to help the mods figure how this would theoretically would be dived up.

The main issue I see is with how exactly do we slice and dice it up? There have been some long term contributors that have gone to war with each other with folks on both sides that would vouch for entry each party...

But getting back the topic at hand...How's that new banner coming? :D

On today's episode of Lambo Power: Playing Forum God. How to decide who is in and who is out?

It'd be hilarious if we could do some type of "survivor" challenges to help the mods figure how this would theoretically would be dived up.

The main issue I see is with how exactly do we slice and dice it up? There have been some long term contributors that have gone to war with each other with folks on both sides that would vouch for entry each party...

But getting back the topic at hand...How's that new banner coming? :D

Seems too complicated. VIP seems like it's ideal already. You get to choose who's in/who's out with honorary VIP, and make money from people who want in :)

Ya, whoever designs the new banner should get VIP for 1 year.

There is no activity in VIP mostly because we don't have a lot of VIP members, if the section was more populated I guess members would take more liberty with their posts, LP was much better when it was private but I understand the website needs to make money so it is what it is.

If most contributors get shifted to a private section as requested here activity will slow in the open section and that's not good for business, lets face it, those who contribute daily aren't too many but the audience seems to be there based on views, as I said private equals bad business so I don't think it will happen. I'd be happy to be wrong on this one.

Seems too complicated. VIP seems like it's ideal already. You get to choose who's in/who's out with honorary VIP, and make money from people who want in :)

Ya, whoever designs the new banner should get VIP for 1 year.

That would be nice, however there was one banner topic about year ago with dozens of designs but not many even cared to comment.

There is no activity in VIP mostly because we don't have a lot of VIP members, if the section was more populated I guess members would take more liberty with their posts, LP was much better when it was private but I understand the website needs to make money so it is what it is.

If most contributors get shifted to a private section as requested here activity will slow in the open section and that's not good for business, lets face it, those who contribute daily aren't too many but the audience seems to be there based on views, as I said private equals bad business so I don't think it will happen. I'd be happy to be wrong on this one.

100% agree with this. What makes forums great are the members. The more, usually, the better. I think LP lacks in post activity. Have no idea why.

When I first joined LP it was much more active. I loved the business/investments section.

100% agree with this. What makes forums great are the members. The more, usually, the better. I think LP lacks in post activity. Have no idea why.

When I first joined LP it was much more active. I loved the business/investments section.

It was a bit of a different scene years ago...forums in general aren't the active force today as they once where back in 2005-2007. Lot of folks got taken out with the events of 2008 and so many people left the boards and the scene in general. Those of us that became friends before hand hung around and kept the torch going as some new folks have tagged along throughout the years.

If you ask me, the explosion of Facebook and Instagram also hurt the forums, as they gave people far more direct access to specific cars and people. Back when LP was first started FB was brand new, IG was still years away, and the web was still developing...the forums at the time where the best source for pics, info and news of things. That landscape is completely different now, for better and for worse.

I think the current setup we have now (minus our ancient banner) works fairly well, which reminds I need to get a VIP membership...time to give a little back to my favorite place on the web aside from my epic commentary :icon_thumleft:

The only other forum that I frequent has a free membership option but also paid member option. It's a nominal fee and without being a paid member you cannot list anything for sale in classified, and there is a member-only classified section which I have not used - but a friend likes it as he feels more secure trying to sell to members versus the public. Membership is $18 for one year or $32 for two years. They used to offer lifetime membership (don't recall how much) but it was discontinued.

I frequent LP because it's an amazing source of world news, varied perspectives and entertainment. I've made real friends (in person) after meeting them here, and feel like I have other "e" friends.

Whether there is an "owner only" section doesn't really matter to me. If it's visited by the same people I enjoy and if it becomes the "active" place then I hope I make the cut. But if it's another subsection with limited activity and topics....it won't hold as much interest for me.

Just my .02. Watching to see what happens. I would be in favor of the option for a paid membership (other than VIP) that allows me to visit as usual, with privileges to list items for sale, or PM, or search, or whatever other things might go with paid membership. It's a way to support the forum at nominal cost with a couple privileges but isn't quite at the VIP level. I'm not even sure what VIP is all about and I've never investigated because I have everything I want in the "regular" membership.

Now....if there is a "Private Cappy Section"....I'm ALL OVER IT!!!

The only other forum that I frequent has a free membership option but also paid member option. It's a nominal fee and without being a paid member you cannot list anything for sale in classified, and there is a member-only classified section which I have not used - but a friend likes it as he feels more secure trying to sell to members versus the public. Membership is $18 for one year or $32 for two years. They used to offer lifetime membership (don't recall how much) but it was discontinued.

I frequent LP because it's an amazing source of world news, varied perspectives and entertainment. I've made real friends (in person) after meeting them here, and feel like I have other "e" friends.

Whether there is an "owner only" section doesn't really matter to me. If it's visited by the same people I enjoy and if it becomes the "active" place then I hope I make the cut. But if it's another subsection with limited activity and topics....it won't hold as much interest for me.

Just my .02. Watching to see what happens. I would be in favor of the option for a paid membership (other than VIP) that allows me to visit as usual, with privileges to list items for sale, or PM, or search, or whatever other things might go with paid membership. It's a way to support the forum at nominal cost with a couple privileges but isn't quite at the VIP level. I'm not even sure what VIP is all about and I've never investigated because I have everything I want in the "regular" membership.

I agree, Cake! We should convert to a forum like Fchat. $15-$18 a year, you get a private section that only paid members can get to and the majority of the forum can only be accessed if you pay.

• 3 weeks later...

Well said. :icon_thumleft:

Except for the last sentence.... :eusa_think: