Shift Sector Oregon

TT R8 GT

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just so there is NO confusion, we are running on a stock block. The transmission is an OEM Lamborghini transmission case, and also, you can get a new Huracan with a dogbox from the factory. ;)

Kevin, I have all the respect for you there is to have, but is this real life? If so this is news to me. The X packages are really on the OEM block and transmission? I thought it was billet everything, block, case, gears, diff housing, etc. If that's the case (no pun intended), that has to be some kind of record on an OEM block at 2,500+whp. If true I'll concede and declare the Huracan as the most overly engineered car in history.

Also, I'm assuming the dog box comes from Squadra Corse?

Again... Hardly OEM... FFS it is full of aftermarket bits and pieces, Billet everything again from Willal racing.

You know what i mean. Referring to the case. Obviously the parts are stronger. It's till drive with GR6 transmission and Vr38 is still a GTR motor. When i say OEM parts referring to people that take the original motor and put in a LS1 or switch out tranny to a sequential or power glide.

That will change for UG and they will go 250+ once kevin gets a fully billet DCT. they are working with the best in the biz for DCT parts. Once they do , Ill be the first to admit it. It will be GAME OVER. There won't be anything close , the only Advantage the GTR had ( DCT) will be taken out of the equation and everyone can back to watching Ti lambos vs lambos. lol

Kevin, I have all the respect for you there is to have, but is this real life? If so this is news to me. The X packages are really on the OEM block and transmission? I thought it was billet everything, block, case, gears, diff housing, etc. If that's the case (no pun intended), that has to be some kind of record on an OEM block at 2,500+whp. If true I'll concede and declare the Huracan as the most overly engineered car in history.

Thanks

Yes, everything I posted is 100% accurate.

This has been asked multiple times, and the answer is it is not really safe to go that speed. If you look at the half/mile speeds at this event already it is getting close to dangerous speeds. No need to run a lamborghini at 280-300mph.

Acceleration is what all the fun is about and The 12-14 Seconds these cars need to reach the half mile mark is where you can have all the fun and compete against other cars. Beyond that you would have to thurougly consider aerodynamic and other safety factors as well

Is is safe to go 250? These speeds are insane!! More power to them but I"m sure the goal is faster and faster at every event. When does it become too fast in a normal production street car without hundreds of hours in wind tunnel tests, re-engineering, aero testing etc?

I think is amazing but just wondering. We all know its only a matter of time till something fatal happens no matter how much saftey measures are followed.

As UR and others continue to get more advanced and "better" at builds....IS there a limit? Just philosophizing on a Weds afternoon. If 280-300 is too fast..are they going to stop trying to push the limits..I don't think so.

Is is safe to go 250? These speeds are insane!! More power to them but I"m sure the goal is faster and faster at every event. When does it become too fast in a normal production street car without hundreds of hours in wind tunnel tests, re-engineering, aero testing etc?

I think is amazing but just wondering. We all know its only a matter of time till something fatal happens no matter how much saftey measures are followed.

As UR and others continue to get more advanced and "better" at builds....IS there a limit? Just philosophizing on a Weds afternoon. If 280-300 is too fast..are they going to stop trying to push the limits..I don't think so.

I think at this point unless the track isnt super wet/dusty with no traction and there is close to no wind. Then I would say having a set of new tires, a roll bar, fire suppression system and regular lamborghini aero is safe enough :icon_thumleft:

The russians did run a manual UGR 2R+ Gallardo up to speeds of around 265mph and the tires and aero seemed just fine and not the limiting factor. They even did it on a very narrow road thats only like 10m wide each lane...nothing like having an entire airfield like on these 1/2 mile events.

My guess is 260 could be reached in maybe 1-2 years with clutch development and very slight advances in power. With a good launch, 200lbs less for the SL and some 19" drag radials for sure.

Alllllthougghhhh.....I have a feeling once the DCT development is further advanced we will see both 1/2 mile events, TI and also way more 1/4 mile action. Im thinking low 7s possibly at some point in a couple year 6s in a full street car. Ok maybe a really expensive one but still.

You guys are little behind the times, as was I. Bill Warner ran 296 in the mile and 311 in 1.5 ..... on an exposed BIKE

Full blown dragsters do that in the 1/4

Ford GTs are at 280

So with that considered, I don't thinking reaching these speeds in a fully caged car with chutes and suppression should be that far fetched. Dangerous, absolutely, but what's that much fun that isn't? And given the success of this platform in roll racing and the 1/2, you'd think the perfect platform.

The Legend:

Bill Warner

1/2 takes big balls but that it is on a whole other level and Bill will be immortalized for doing so. When I read about it I was shocked that I hadn't known about it sooner.

You know what i mean. Referring to the case. Obviously the parts are stronger. It's till drive with GR6 transmission and Vr38 is still a GTR motor. When i say OEM parts referring to people that take the original motor and put in a LS1 or switch out tranny to a sequential or power glide.

That will change for UG and they will go 250+ once kevin gets a fully billet DCT. they are working with the best in the biz for DCT parts. Once they do , Ill be the first to admit it. It will be GAME OVER. There won't be anything close , the only Advantage the GTR had ( DCT) will be taken out of the equation and everyone can back to watching Ti lambos vs lambos. lol

The GTR is a new billet engine block. So it's not a factory vr38

247, 247, 247, 247, 247, 247, 247, 247, 247, 247, 247, 247, 247, 247, 247, 247, 247, 247, 247, 247, 247, 247, 247, 247, 247, 247, 247, 247, 247, 247, 247, 247, 247, 247, 247, 247, 247, 247, 247, 247,

Its silly to compare a race car to a street car, esp since the race car couldn't go as fast as a street car with street tires in the 1/2 mile. There is a lot more than glass windows and AC missing from that GTR. Drive it across the country? What highway route across the country would you take to find a gas station every 20 min to refuel the 5 gallon fuel cell?

Trust me when I say this, no one would want to see us in a stripped race car with what we are doing in a full weight Lamborghini. Don't worry though, we have too much pride to shell out an exotic car and turn in into a tin can.

Just so there is NO confusion, we are running on a stock block. The transmission is an OEM Lamborghini transmission case, and also, you can get a new Huracan with a dogbox from the factory. ;)

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

If true I'll concede and declare the Huracan as the most overly engineered car in history.

not really the other tuners blow them up all the time .i think what makes them that good at these crazy power levels is Underground Racing plain and simple

not really the other tuners blow them up all the time .i think what makes them that good at these crazy power levels is Underground Racing plain and simple

post-186226-1473906283.jpeg

It's definitely a stock block. I'm wish we had a billet so we could go faster 😜

#1 - I do like it. From what I've seen and read, UGR without question is the leader on this platform. I'm not even sure who is the distant second and third, as everyone else appears to have issues at these power levels.

#2 - Having said that, I would argue garbage in, garbage out. They are starting with a great platform. If not we'd see UGR Vipers and UGR Ferraris competing against UGR Lambos. Also, as far as I'm aware, there are no other OE blocks being able to hold anything even remotely close to these power levels.

#1 - I do like it. From what I've seen and read, UGR without question is the leader on this platform. I'm not even sure who is the distant second and third, as everyone else appears to have issues at these power levels.

#2 - Having said that, I would argue garbage in, garbage out. They are starting with a great platform. If not we'd see UGR Vipers and UGR Ferraris competing against UGR Lambos. Also, as far as I'm aware, there are no other OE blocks being able to hold anything even remotely close to these power levels.

well... Tony @ T1 is still on stock Block. He has not bought into the billet program yet.

well... Tony @ T1 is still on stock Block. He has not bought into the billet program yet.

Fair point. Billet cradle? Regardless I think I've fallen into the internet grey zone trap. i.e. At what point is a car considered stripped? Seats? A/C? Stereo? Windows? Lightweight / CF hood / trunk / roof? Battery? 2 of the above? 5 of the above?

What is an OEM engine? Piston / Rods only still OEM? Cams? Ported head? All that is ok but a direct replacement billet block is / isn't? I'm taking the fun out of the racing. All I know is UGR, T1, ETS and A*M*S build some bad ass cars and I'm going to do my best to make it to TI!

#2 - They are starting with a great platform. If not we'd see UGR Vipers and UGR Ferraris competing against UGR Lambos.

I respectfully disagree with this comment as I feel it completely downplays the amount of R&D, the level of commitment to success, and the amount of time that UGR has invested into the Gallardo (and now Huracan) platform. When turbo Gallardos first came out they were barely scratching 700 whp and maybe running high 10s @ 135mph. I see GTRs off the showroom floor running low 11s and damn near 9s with only e85 and the most basic of bolt ons.

Trying to say that this success is due to the platform completely undermines all the years of work it took to get to that point.

I think I disagree also but hope Kevin or others builders/tuners chime in. I don't know much about Ferrari, but Vipers for years have put up big numbers and when 1/4 mile races were more popular they were hard to beat. Now that mile and 1/2 mile seem to be popular, the lack of AWD from what I understand at those very high speeds are a little dicey..that's why the GTR's and Lambos dominate.

Emphasis mine. I've never said anything to take away from UGR's work and success. In fact I've done the opposite. My point is that it's not a Kia Sephia running 247. UGR started with something great, and then took it into the stratosphere. Being a Lambo forum I'm somewhat surprised individuals are arguing this.

Again... Hardly OEM... FFS it is full of aftermarket bits and pieces, Billet everything again from Willal racing.

Hi LPOZ,

Well, how about that, Willal racing is from my old home town in little old Adelaide, South Australia:)

http://www.willallracing.com.au/

They certainly look like they are at the bleeding edge of technology for GTR engines and trans!

All the more power to them!

cheers,

john

Hi LPOZ,

Well, how about that, Willal racing is from my old home town in little old Adelaide, South Australia:)

http://www.willallracing.com.au/

They certainly look like they are at the bleeding edge of technology for GTR engines and trans!

All the more power to them!

cheers,

john

They have a billet block for the lambos coming out soon!