Another LP670 SV crashed....manual

Plastique999

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does the factory have to do with him rebuilding his own car? I don't follow.

Me either.

I know of someone here on my side that was involved in a bad accident with his SV. Had the car fixed and the factory let the local agent here know that his car is 'not road worthy' even after the repair. The factory knew the car was involved in an accident(A pillars all bent etc etc) I'm assuming after ordering so many parts from them, plus it a small world over at my side. Just sharing with you guys.

I am sorry but I find that very hard to believe, unless the factory pulled the car in for a very comprehensive inspection after the repairs they wouldn't know and even if they did they have no place or authority in calling a used car "not roadworthy".

I am sorry but I find that very hard to believe, unless the factory pulled the car in for a very comprehensive inspection after the repairs they wouldn't know and even if they did they have no place or authority in calling a used car "not roadworthy".

Sorry, but he is right.....

I know of at least TWO other cars, here int he USA, that the factory has "branded" in their portal Computer system. Calling them 'Un-serviceable" and "NOT road safe".

I for one think it is a good thing. THEY are doing it to limit their liable exposure. After all if they sell or service a car that has a major accident, they could be hauled into court down the road if something happens.

Same thing in my business, for the most part we will not sell Carfax or Auto-check DING cars, Salvage title cars, re-built title cars as well as heavily modified cars...just to much liability to trade in cars that have a GREATER risk of incident and failure in the future due to their past.

Just sharing what I heard bro from the agent.

Not surprised they brand the cars for their own liability. But I would be surprised if they refused to sell the $100K+ in parts needed to fix this car.

So many Bro's flying around lately :la:

No problems, it's not that I don't believe you, I am still having difficulties believing that the factory would go to such extent when the car is used and out of warranty, if they cared about your resale they would stop printing special edition stickers and slapping them on virtually the same car LOL

Sorry, but he is right.....

I know of at least TWO other cars, here int he USA, that the factory has "branded" in their portal Computer system. Calling them 'Un-serviceable" and "NOT road safe".

I for one think it is a good thing. THEY are doing it to limit their liable exposure. After all if they sell or service a car that has a major accident, they could be hauled into court down the road if something happens.

Same thing in my business, for the most part we will not sell Carfax or Auto-check DING cars, Salvage title cars, re-built title cars as well as heavily modified cars...just to much liability to trade in cars that have a GREATER risk of incident and failure in the future due to their past.

Thanks for the info Roy, I don't doubt that they can do that INTERNALLY but that means nothing really (you can buy parts internationally and you can service the car at an independent) they do not have the power to deem the car unroadworthy and that's what's confused me about SAMLAMBO's statement, I thought he meant Lamborghini forced the car off the road.

I'm sure it is a liability thing on the part of Lambo corporate, contacting the dealer falls into the same bucket. They can't dictate to a customer or local authority but probably can refuse to sell parts and offer official service going forward.

We all know that an attorney chasing a case will follow up the chain to find the deep pockets and this being on record with corporate puts a bump in the road for said attorney.

• 3 years later...