Hurricane Matthew, stay safe Florida brothers.

SV-N-IT

hope everyone on the east coast of florida is preparing now and hunkered down by tomorrow afternoon.

Good Luck :icon_thumleft:

latest update=not looking so good

I just moved here 6 months ago, Should be interesting to see what happens. Looks like its skirting by Miami with tropical storm winds and rain. Up north a bit by WPB looks like it might get hit real hard. Stay safe!

so annoying, wife in full panic mode telling me to hang the shutters, I'm like no way I'm hanging up all those shutters, she's like I bet you hang em on the garage window, and I'm thinking, yea, maybe just that one... :)

I would like to endure one. I like rough weather. I know this sounds childish when there is possibility of property damage or even lives.

fcuk! I have two of my ships at sea and the fcuking USCG has all the ports closed and aren't allowing ships in. I've had to send these fuckers to Key West!

Im so happy the house I bought has accordion shutters. 25 minutes and the whole house is done without breaking a sweat.

Not the case if you have to hang them...major PITA.

Next house will have impacts all around-0 prep needed

Im so happy the house I bought has accordion shutters. 25 minutes and the whole house is done without breaking a sweat.

Not the case if you have to hang them...major PITA.

Next house will have impacts all around-0 prep needed

impact windows are the way to go! lock front door and off to naples lol

well worth the investment.

good news for south is it looks like palm beach-vero will get the worst of it

be safe

While both my house and my condo have hurricane shutters, we won't be putting them down on the side of the coast. I have received no less than two dozen phone calls in the last 24 hours of people looking for places to go. If you need to get out of town and are looking for something on the West Coast, I have a few contacts left. Every single hotel is sold out as far as I am aware. I may even have a garage or 2, if somebody's looking to store an exotic. I think the East Coast north of Miami is going to get it superhard. And they are now talking about that storm going up the coast and hitting the Carolinas and possibly doubling back. This one will be interesting.

Hows it going down there?

Im in Miami beach and honestly feel pretty jipped..All the hype and its just windy, some rain and waves. I feel for the people from West Palm Beach up to Jacksonville as they are going to get blasted. Prayers out to all affected and hope everyone stays safe.

Hows it going down there?

A non event for Miami. Thinking about driving north now to see what it looks like.

Looking at FB, many of my Charleston friends are all in evacuation mode.

Irene in 2011 turned out to be nothing, but you never know.

as I hoped and expected, no big deal near me, typical afternoon thunderstorms have been worse.... I'll probably go for some easy to use shutters or windows later on...