pakisho

Presidential Election  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you support?

• Hillary Clinton
    • Donald Trump
    • Gary Johnson
    • Jill Stein

It's a shame this trump appointee to the DOE had to resign despite his qualifications for the job...

image.jpeg

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

´

Part of me hopes they (CIA) have more tricks up their sleeve, the other part of me wonders how little privacy we actually have in this digital world. We are inching closer to that Orwellian state.

We are way past it. Facebook app in your phone listens what you speak all the time and then gets you adds about those subjects. Think about that for a second, so we are basicly wiretapped for 247 and our words are measured and sold off to anyone who wants.

COME ON THIS IS A BOMBSHELL GET ON BOARD WITH THE MSM NARRITIVE YOU fcuking WHITE CIS MALE

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

How dare you assume my gender!

Rachel Maddow used to look a lot different in her earlier years:

Rachel_Maddow_Yearbook_Then_Now_Feminism.JPG

Fuckable. As long as she didn't open her mouth.

I think hell froze over. I have liberal friends on FaceBook stating how she lost credibility. :king:

That's exactly what is bound to happen when you start letting your emotions overpower your rationale in the media. She got exactly what she deserved.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/201...stroy-your-life

I really don't get how in this day and age, marijuana is still illegal. How many millions (billions maybe?) is spent incarcerating people for non-violent, possession-only, drug offences? You've got money being foregone from tax revenue (both sales and income), money wasted locking people up, and money wasted on welfare towards families that have been split apart. Treat them like cigs/alcohol and you're good to go.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/201...stroy-your-life

I really don't get how in this day and age, marijuana is still illegal. How many millions (billions maybe?) is spent incarcerating people for non-violent, possession-only, drug offences? You've got money being foregone from tax revenue (both sales and income), money wasted locking people up, and money wasted on welfare towards families that have been split apart. Treat them like cigs/alcohol and you're good to go.

As the pure capitalist my first thought is that the revenue in terms of taxation would be incredible for any government.

Unfortunately,the negative health and social effects far outweigh any short term financial benefits.

My wife works with kids who are under court ordered detox.

These kids usually follow a very predictable path. They start off using marijuana, and then ultimately graduate to higher potency drugs. When they are tested a number of them come in with multiple drugs in their system.

The sad part is that while some of them make a conscious choice to use harder drugs, it is not uncommon for their dealers to lace marijuana with anything from coke to meth.

One of the young clients came in with drug induced psychosis. The person admitted to ONLY ever smoking pot, a statement backed up by this persons friends. They said this person was afraid of "hard drugs". The drug screen came back positive for crystal meth. (probably couresty of a dealer that was trying to move the person up the ladder).

Geert and LePen are not the answer.

I agree with your statement, however it's the result of the left forcing their ideas and failed policies down everyone else's throats. In my opinion, they are the people that the left deserve.

I agree with your statement, however it's the result of the left forcing their ideas and failed policies down everyone else's throats. In my opinion, they are the people that the left deserve.

:iamwithstupid:

As the pure capitalist my first thought is that the revenue in terms of taxation would be incredible for any government.

Unfortunately,the negative health and social effects far outweigh any short term financial benefits.

These kids usually follow a very predictable path. They start off using marijuana, and then ultimately graduate to higher potency drugs. When they are tested a number of them come in with multiple drugs in their system.

The sad part is that while some of them make a conscious choice to use harder drugs, it is not uncommon for their dealers to lace marijuana with anything from coke to meth.

One of the young clients came in with drug induced psychosis. The person admitted to ONLY ever smoking pot, a statement backed up by this persons friends. They said this person was afraid of "hard drugs". The drug screen came back positive for crystal meth. (probably couresty of a dealer that was trying to move the person up the ladder).

I don't disagree, however drug enforcement has been a cluster fcuk and any of the drugs you mentioned are easily available. You could make a similar argument for alcohol which is just as destructive. So make it legal, decriminalize it, tax the fcuk out of it and deal with the consequences, like we do with alcohol.

I don't disagree, however drug enforcement has been a cluster fcuk and any of the drugs you mentioned are easily available. You could make a similar argument for alcohol which is just as destructive. So make it legal, decriminalize it, tax the fcuk out of it and deal with the consequences, like we do with alcohol.

The thing is that people don't get maniacal to the point of being willing to commit serious crimes and even murder over alcohol. It is fashionable to say that the War on Drugs is a failure, but I have been wondering about this, because I have also read an opposite argument that says that the War on Drugs is one of the reasons why we have seen gun violence decline so much over the past four decades, because during the 1960s, 1970s, and 1980s, when hard drug use was much higher, there was thus a lot more gun violence, but since cracking down on hard drugs, the reduction in use has led to a reduction in violence as a result.

One cannot "win" a war on drugs, but the point isn't to win but rather to manage it, the same as with poverty, corruption, crime, etc...they are not fixable problems in a society, but they can be managed actively so that they are reduced to a minimum.

The financial benefits are not short term. They are long term and perpetual.

The negative health and social affects are either over exaggerated or come as a result of banning drugs in the first place.

I think substance abuse is far more rooted in mental health and family health than how "addictive" weed is. Ban weed and they find something else. Ban that, and they find something else. Of course there's negative health affects when it comes to taking/smoking/eating too much of anything. I'm not sure how throwing people in jail helps this issue at all. Frankly it makes it worse.

With respect to the lacing of weed with other substances, that's an issue that proper monitoring and regulation would take (mostly) care of. Just like any industry a certain amount of regulation would be necessary.

The thing is that people don't get maniacal to the point of being willing to commit serious crimes and even murder over alcohol.

Seriously?