Which car would you choose for $300-650k?

alpha6164

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trust me you find me a CGT with less than 5k miles that is sub $600k and i will send you a $10k finders fee asap. And that goes to you or anyone.

Silver CGT 675k only 4274miles! In San Francisco:

http://www.jamesedition.com/cars/porsche/c...or-sale-1311836

Red CGT 625k but 10k miles in Texas:

http://www.jamesedition.com/cars/porsche/c...or-sale-1143555

Do you want to look on cars outside usa?

Does a bear shit in the woods ? Of course I would rock one. And I would if I didn't have an Lp640 that didn't make 629AWP about 30whp more than an SV. The SV 1000% looks better but is is essentially 99.9% same car. So not only I would get hosed probably selling mine , I would be paying 2 1/2 times more for almost what essentially would be the same car and actually probably slower. My LP640 has 11k miles so if I put another two or 3000 miles on it I would not care and would not affect the price as dramatic as if I put the same amount of miles on an SV So my LP640 and 6.0 are my driver cars where the next one will be driven for sure but not as much to preserve future value specially if I'm going to drop north of $600k.

I made this move....don't regret it.

I have 4000 miles driving CGTs, and a zillion miles driving everything else. CGT is the best car in the world. Will be way more than a million in enough time and nothing like it will ever be made again.

Agreed....No Car manufacturer can or will ever produce this Formula 1/LeMans NA V10 again. Everything is going electric. Over 70 patents on the CGT. It has its place in history. No other car I have ever drive feels like it - it is very mechanical and you feel everything. It is also tight as shit with the CF chassis tub.

Everyone is speculating on this car, but no doubt it will be a $1mil car in 5-10 years.

Question is how low mileage of a car do you want....in retrospect, I would always try to get the lower mileage car - within reason. For me that would be 2k-4k mileage car with clean service history, of course. I want to collect, but I want to drive these suckers. I'll be honest, with 8800 miles on mine, in the back of my mind I hate thinking about the stupid mileage and value effect. I still drive it.

Of other cars I want in my personal collection.....Speciale or Aperta (if these fkn values weren't through the roof), and FGT will be in some day.

Those that recommend the LP670 SV - the car is very different from my 09 LP640. The subtle differences are very much appreciated. The 200 lbs lighter car definitely gives a more tighter handling feel through the canyons. Low end sucks but top end motor is exhilarating.

If you want the best analogue cars in the world, check out these 7:

Ian,

Thank you for taking the time for the reply. And trust me my heart is with CGT. Bug i have literally contacted all the ones that are on the market and have made serious real offers and they act like I am asking to have a go with their mothers lol. This morning talking to a dealer that has a 2k mile one and asking $719k when i offered $640, he literally was like hell to the naaahhhhh. He is like i may consider $700k lol.

Trust me you find me a CGT with less than 5k miles that is sub $600k and i will send you a $10k finders fee asap. And that goes to you or anyone.

PM sent.

Crazy to think that only 10 years ago you could have a 288 GTO or F40 all day at these prices....

I remember someone saying the GTO back when it was only $400k wasn't worth it......haha.

Crazy to think that only 10 years ago you could have a 288 GTO or F40 all day at these prices....

I remember someone saying the GTO back when it was only $400k wasn't worth it......haha.

CGT will definitely head in same direction .