Huracán Performante

a007apl

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Front bumper has several layers, a tiny bit messy but it's effect for the new aerodynamics. Front-on view is VERY aggressive!! Monster. Low, wide, flat. Reminds me of Murci SV, actually come to think of it.

Not a two-tone colour, which some mock-ups seems to have. Nor was it mentioned as an option, although with ad personam sure you can get anything.

Rear Diffusor is serious business, the high exhaust pipes (like on 430 Scuderia, in terms of positioning) look like cannons! AWESOME!

Side view, as many spy pics are, looks fantastic as well. Exactly how a big boy Lamborghini should look.

Wing, as you can actually see in the spy pics, is very steep. I was surprised how steep it is angled. I think the wing looks fantastic. Works very well in the design , and is very trick, pretty much what has been explained in those early driving review articles.

The rear engine clamshell drops in quiet deep (close to engine), which I'm certain is for the air-flow for that trick wing.

It is a beast. 640hp. Cold start and idle, it sounded DEVILISHLY ANGRY!! Those poor Turbo cars sound like a Prius in comparison.

SPORT mode, was dubbed a drift fun mode, yet no quote on actual power distribution 'limits' between front and rear driven axles. CORSA => full attack mode, where electric steering will be totally linear, NOT variable. I would still get it without the electric steering.

The only thing that I wish.... is that it was rear-wheel-drive. Otherwise would be a no brainer for me!! Waiting on actual price lists... let's see.

Came from the viewing few hours ago. I hate Lamborghini :( they will shake my money tree again! :icon_mrgreen:

If I had to describe the car in three words they would be purposeful refined aggression.

The car doesn't look drastically different from the standard Huracan (expect lots of initial bitching LOL) the changes are subtle, neat and refined but the subtle changes make it look phenomenal to me, it's not Aventador SV crazy looking, it has it's own unique identity, it's a grown up Huracan ready to kick some serious ass!

The car we viewed was presented in green, one of my least favorite colors, had it been painted in a color which I like I probably would've stolen the keys and try to drive away in it LOL

As I said it looks purposeful, ready to pounce, looks fast just standing still and at the same time not over the top.

The rear end looks sensational to me, I love it, the whole rear diffuser, the wing, the rear decklid, the vents in the lid, the details are incredible, I wish it wasn't reverse parked that close to a wall, I wanted to see it from the distance, I bet it will look even better.

On a separate note I will take back whatever I said about the carbon fibre plywood, I am sure some will still hate it as I used to but for some reason whatever they've done with it just works, the way they combined it with the black plastic and painted surfaces it just looks fantastic.

The interior is so good, all plastic gone and lots of carbon and alcantara everywhere, I love the sports carbon seats, I wish they used the compressed carbon fiber for them rather than the standard carbon it would've matched the rest of the interior carbon better but that's just nitpicking, the infotainment/dash display will be a hit with everyone, the dash display changes according to the driving mode with a very cool display in Corsa, overall a great place to be in.

They talked a lot about the tech which went into this car, I won't get into it because I don't want to spoil it for anyone, all I can say is WOW, this thing will be a weapon and I can not wait to drive it.

I hope I said a lot without saying too much for more than one reason, one of them being the respect I have for Lamborghini not trying to interfere with the way they want to present their product to their customers, second I don't want to spoil it for anyone, raise or lower expectations, it's better if everyone waits to experience it for themselves preferably live and behind the wheel, also all my comments are in my opinion only!

All I can say is that you wont look at a Ferrari, McLaren or a Porsche in the same manner you looked at them before if at all and they better watch their backs :icon_mrgreen:

I think Lamborghini wanted a track weapon, hence the name Performante, I personally think they've done a fantastic job and they have a real monster on their hands. I can not wait for the next chapter!

EDIT:

I forgot to mention the sound, GOD DAMN I lost my hearing for few seconds! Such an angry bark!

Sounds like a winner to me. Heading to LA tomorrow for the viewing on Saturday, can't wait to finally see the beast in person!

Thanks Lambonutter and Fortis for the prelude. I am in dire, eager anticipation. This is the one car that has really pushed my meter from Ferrari to Lamborghini. I had wanted (and still want) a Speciale for its last NA V8 engine, but the Perf is stealing me away with its NA V10 "record breaker" at the Ring. Also don't have to play the stupid Ferrai game - buy 10 cars to get limited edition , oh and wait in line.

Does anyone know production numbers of the Perf? It would be really cool if they number plated these like they did the SV.

Sounds like a winner to me. Heading to LA tomorrow for the viewing on Saturday, can't wait to finally see the beast in person!

Awesome me as well - what time slot are you viewing?

I'll be at the 6 'o clock.

wow great news guys! I'm 9 days away from seeing her!

does anyone know which green they showed? any vents in fender? are the wheels the same as what we saw?

last question, did it have the red/white/green stripes on bottom?

does anyone know which green they showed? any vents in fender? are the wheels the same as what we saw?

last question, did it have the red/white/green stripes on bottom?

I am pretty sure it was verde mantis, no vents on front fenders, I think the wheels were the same, yes on the stripe.

I am pretty sure it was verde mantis, no vents on front fenders, I think the wheels were the same, yes on the stripe.

thx bud! are you going to color match the SV?

Optional centre-locks (again, as seen on some spy shots) are a must in my eyes.

Agree with you Plastiquee999 , it will be a 458Speciale or a Performante. Would be a very easy choice if Performante was rear-wheel-drive!

No idea at this stage, maybe not, what color are you doing?

still undecided.. I really want to see the car first so I can see CF, plastic, stripes etc..

Awesome me as well - what time slot are you viewing?

I'll be at the 6 'o clock.

Our group is booked for 1PM.

I'm 8 days! So you're doing your viewing on Sat 2/11? I'll be there for Fri 2/10 at 6 PM.