Range Rover Velar

gLA

I like it, but don’t really see the point as is smaller than the RRS and marginally bigger than the

Evoque.

My Mrs. Loves her RRS but next time around going for the panamera wagon!

As someone that works with software the way they deploy and run the software on pretty much most cars these days is immensely frustrating.

Because each car you need to change so much it is like they need to re-design the interface and they never evolve the os. It is thrown together and under resourced and under tested.

Whilst IOS11 is no oil painting I do not get why car manufacturers feel the need to ignore apple car play and Android car and then fumble a piece of software together.

:iamwithstupid: That's def a place where they take some cost saving measures and skimp.

• 2 weeks later...

The full size one was just refreshed as well. All the great things about the Velar just pushed into the big one.

I saw that, but it doesn't look as sharp IMO not much different exterior :(

I saw that, but it doesn't look as sharp IMO not much different exterior :(

Yeah, they've made the nose so smooth all over that it seems kind of bland and lacks any defining features. The other thing that drives me crazy is this whole "trickle up" approach some manufacturers are using now. Rather than put the newest styling and features in the more expensive models first and letting them trickle down to the less expensive cars, they're putting them in the less expensive cars first and then the more expensive ones down the road. LR did this with the Evoque, and now the Velar, and MBZ did it with the new C-class, etc. The Velar does look good overall IMO, but if you get into many options at all you're firmly in RRS territory, which has higher end materials if not the newest electronics (yet). But the big deal breaker on the Velar for me are the engine choices. Definitely don't want a diesel or turbo-4, and the SC V6 is not very impressive IMO. Think I'd stick with a RRS with the turbo V8 instead of a Velar for the moment.

Slight correction: the updates for the full-size & RRS are being implemented as we speak. It’s the hybrid drivetrain that’s suppose to arrive in Spring 2018 as a MY2019. Dealers had just received their ordering packages for the facelifted cars as of late last week.

Slight correction: the updates for the full-size & RRS are being implemented as we speak. It’s the hybrid drivetrain that’s suppose to arrive in Spring 2018 as a MY2019. Dealers had just received their ordering packages for the facelifted cars as of late last week.

So all of the 2018’s Range Rover sport are supposed to be updated?

Will the SV-R get updated to?

So all of the 2018’s Range Rover sport are supposed to be updated?

Will the SV-R get updated to?

Yes to both. All full size Range Rovers and all RR Sport, including the SV-R, will have the Velar type of dash and with new software. Mild facelifts involving new front & rear bumpers plus headlights and taillights. The RR-S SV-R, in fact, gets the most updates: in addition to the just afore-said, it also gets a power bump, new wheels, new colours and even an optional exposed carbon fibre hood. Although the hood may not be everyone’s cup of tea. IMO, it makes it too boy-racer-like and defies what a Range Rover should be — classy, stylish and yet extremely capable. A fully tricked-out SV-R looks like an overgrown Lancer Evolution which seems a bit silly. And the hood is $$$.