New Aventador?

Luckydaff

Just found these pictures. What are we looking at? Surely Lamborghini are not sloppy enough to not hide something new from the publics eyes? One-off? Test Mule? Last, last, last Aventador version? What do we think people?

116433343_685253872332124_5092727309784341947_n.jpg

116767421_1001103910354999_1398767906970206989_n.jpg

In an interview last year a Lamborghini representative said there would be more one-off versions of the Aventador before it was replaced. It seems this is one of them? 

I'm very interested why the engine cover sits higher? It could be a very early test mule for the AV replacement with a battery. 

The rear bumper is different so either a one off or maybe another Aventador variant because I've heard the replacement isn't arriving until 2024.

2 hours ago, sl55 said:

The rear bumper is different so either a one off or maybe another Aventador variant because I've heard the replacement isn't arriving until 2024.

In Oct of last year, the factory specifically told me the factory would retool this year for replacement 

46 minutes ago, Allan-Herbie said:

In Oct of last year, the factory specifically told me the factory would retool this year for replacement 

Interesting. I also wonder if this could be the final edition RWD some have suspected was in the works?

9 hours ago, APB said:

In an interview last year a Lamborghini representative said there would be more one-off versions of the Aventador before it was replaced. It seems this is one of them? 

I'm very interested why the engine cover sits higher? It could be a very early test mule for the AV replacement with a battery. 

Maybe that its a GT, the last of Aventador, like a Diablo SV and later the GT...

Images of a new Lamborghini have surfaced on social media. It was spotted at the factory and we believe that it could be the Aventador “Nes Countach”.

So, what is the Nes Countach? Well, it is rumored to be the final iteration of the Aventador. Looking at the images, the car appears to be based on the Aventador SVJ. It has a redesigned engine cover and the rear fascia has been tweaked, along with the rear diffuser. Note, that the exhaust setup appears similar to the SVJ.

Unlike the SVJ, the Aventador Nes Countach may not get a fixed rear spoiler. Instead, the images reveal a tiny lip spoiler. The car is also sporting a special emblem on the sides.

Now, unconfirmed reports suggest that this special edition Aventador could be powered by a 6.5-liter, naturally aspirated V12 engine, tuned to produce around 800 hp – so, not as powerful as the Essenza SCV12 track hypercar. According to our sources, Lamborghini could swap the bulky all-wheel drive system for a purely rear-wheel drive layout.

Further, rumors suggest that Lamborghini is planning to build 100 units of the Nes Countach

https://www.thesupercarblog.com/is-this-the-lamborghini-aventador-nes-countach-the-final-aventador/

Another limited edition lol, jeez but I guess this what Lambo does best.. And SVJ 63 owners must be pissed.

3 hours ago, sl55 said:

Another limited edition lol, jeez but I guess this what Lambo does best.. And SVJ 63 owners must be pissed.

They are quoting Taffy from Instagram.  He reposted the pics asking what everyone thought it was. 

If this car is for real, what is so "Countach" about it?  I can't see a single design element in it that relates to the Countach.  If anything, the Sian design resembles the Countach more.  And the Aventador did a Miura tribute edition a few years ago and that did not fare well at all.  

I will stick to what was said in this article:  

https://europe.autonews.com/automakers/lamborghini-ceo-taps-brakes-record-sales-rise

How about your plans for the one-offs?

"We have two clients for bespoke Aventadors. These models will have one-off exteriors and interiors, but will remain street legal. They should be delivered by the end of next year."

Two more bespoke projects in the vein of SC18 Alston. This could be one of them. 

On 8/1/2020 at 12:37 PM, Allan-Herbie said:

Could be a test mule. 

I think you're spot on. Could be some new tech they are getting miles on to QC before going into production.

I can't see HQ parking a one off outside with a cover on it. It looks to me like another variant because you can see black tape over a logo and black tape over what it looks to be the tricolore stripe similar to the Performante.

1.jpg

It just looks too nice to be a test mule for something.

I also noticed the black tape on the side, hiding something, also there's a cover next to it on the right side ... did someone not fit it right and the wind caught it from the left, just too late to avoid Jasper taking these photos?

I don't think it's another SVJ evolution or a GT version ... it's too timid for that, the little black rear wing looks great, but for an SVJ v2 or GT ... those would need massive wings, something like SCV12 style.

Could be a bespoke build for a customer, you never know ... exposed engine might not be the best idea in some climates I guess, and this car looks completely finished.

I'm hoping for an Aventador Si, an evolution of the S adding hybrid power, about 30hp or so getting up to 800hp in total ... Aventador S Ibrido as a swansong?

If it looked something like the SC18 Alston then I would consider it the very final limited run model. This is doubtfully it. 

Speaking or weird test mules. I wonder what they were testing back in the day with this mule. 

lamborghini_plans_400kmh_aventador.jpg

Note the Veyron rims on this LP700 back in 2011/2012.