Wrapping my new Nero Nemesis SV

Omo

Yesterday my Nero Nemesis SV arrived at the Dealership in Vienna... Now I wanted to wrap the car in matte black. My Dealer told me, that it is not possible to wrap a matte car because of the glue... :crybaby2:

Is this true ??

Thanks in advance for your infos

Not true at all. There was a matte blac 670 SV wrapped in matte clear wrap that was fine.

:iamwithstupid: A lot of guys have use matte clear with no issues!

EDIT: Sorry guys! I somehow responded to the wrong post! (this was obviously meant for the guy who put his daughter on the hood of the Gallardo thread).

EDIT: x2....damnit...Porter already quoted it...LOL.

I saw red reading this thread and seeing that picture...

What an absolute POS. I am GLAD they are making this moron famous and I hope they aren't done with him. It disgusted me to read the part of his apology where he claims he "cleaned his daughters shoes off before putting her up there to make sure she wouldn't scratch it" and then "carefully took her down before checking for scratches/damage again". :jackoff:

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, I'm sure you did. Right after you left the owner a written apology on the windshield with a blank check in case the front bonnet needed to be repainted. I'm sure he was that careful. :rolleyes:

I still get mad thinking of that old moron James Jeppe (or James Andrew Jeppe) years ago, the POS in Southlake, TX who was going around randomly keying Hummers because he was frustrated with his own miserable life. Then when he got caught (after lying about it), he claimed how sorry he was and that he didn't mean anything by it. :jackoff:

Vandalism INFURIATES me. Like I said I hope the internet lets this guy (and James Jeppe) live on in infamy, so that years from now if someone googles their name, they will know just how much of an as$hole they really were.

uh

uh

LOL sorry...I edited my post. Not sure what happened but must have hit the back button or something when I went to reply. :eusa_think:

Yesterday my Nero Nemesis SV arrived at the Dealership in Vienna... Now I wanted to wrap the car in matte black. My Dealer told me, that it is not possible to wrap a matte car because of the glue... :crybaby2:

Is this true ??

Thanks in advance for your infos

I wouldn't use Vienna dealer for wrapping - they use an external company that is very bad. At least it was 2 years ago when they were putting clear film on my black Aventador Roadster, had to do it again as I didn't like it and finally I had somebody else doing it as I still didn't like it.

And yes, you can wrap a matte black car - with matte clear film

I recommend XPEL film.

Absolutely not true at all. I have a Nero Nemesis car and it has no issue with a matte wrap at all. XPEL does seem to make the best product.

Since your dealer said it's impossible, even though he has now been proven wrong, I wouldn't go back there for the wrap. Find a new place where they have the experience for it.

a lot of people have used XPEL STEALTH (can't speak for other films or brands) to protect their NEMESIS paint job. almost a perfect texture match and no issues to paint.

I wrapped my matte grey (Grigio Titans) Aventador Roadster, the entire car with XPEL Stealth Film.

No problems at all. Your dealer knows nothing.

• 2 months later...

sometimes .. careful with the matte or satin clear PPF (paint protection films)

the matte black color has adhesive.. PPF's don't like the stealth xpel .. they breath but sometimes the installer uses soapy water or jell or otherwises makes a small mess up oon the install and with polarized glasses (sunglassesL you will see all sorts of squeegee and pressure marks...

only with polarized sunglasses .. but its really fuked up ... trust me .. I know and have seen it.

there is also a part of the SV that wont hold color wrap (bubbles off) but you need not wory ... you are going with breathable satin PPF.

Ask the installer if you will see swirls and application marks if you use polarized glasses... tell them I said it happens :) trust me

sometimes .. careful with the matte or satin clear PPF (paint protection films)

the matte black color has adhesive.. PPF's don't like the stealth xpel .. they breath but sometimes the installer uses soapy water or jell or otherwises makes a small mess up oon the install and with polarized glasses (sunglassesL you will see all sorts of squeegee and pressure marks...

only with polarized sunglasses .. but its really fuked up ... trust me .. I know and have seen it.

there is also a part of the SV that wont hold color wrap (bubbles off) but you need not wory ... you are going with breathable satin PPF.

Ask the installer if you will see swirls and application marks if you use polarized glasses... tell them I said it happens :) trust me

100% correct! ill never forget, I had my CGT wrapped in satin xpel and I was in my garage one day with polarized glasses and I saw all of the imperfections and melted plastic around the engine compartment from the heat. ill NEVER do that again.