whoa! looks like I'm done drinking diet sodas...

|Boomba|projects

:shock: :shock:

my fiance was telling me how "aspartame" is horrible and i said "well how can it be, it's in drinks right?"

So she sent me this link via email today...

Is Diet Coke bad for you?

14:08 JST » Health and Medicine

dietcoke.jpgGosuke sent me this interesting link. It is about the dangers of Aspartame. Nutrasweet in the US and "Pal Sweet Diet" in Japan are Aspartame. Aspartame is an active ingredient in Diet Coke which I drink A LOT of. I am going to definitely take dive into the links on this page. If what this page says is true, I probably should stop drinking Diet Coke today...

I have attached some of the highlights from the page below, but I would go to their page which has a lot of links if you currently drink a lot of diet soda products.

Here are some highlights from the page:

Aspartame is poison!

* Aspartame/Nutrasweet is not very sweet in itself, that may be why Equal puts Dextrose (sugar) and maltodextrin as the first ingredients, so that it tastes sweet.

* Aspartame/Nutrasweet is a brain drug that stimulates your brain so you think that the food you're eating tastes sweet. If you pay attention you'll notice that when using Aspartame/Nutrasweet, everything you eat at the same time also tastes sweet! This may be why Aspartame/Nutrasweet causes you to crave carbohydrates. Hence, you won't lose weight using it.

BTW, cyclamates got pulled off the market in the 70's in the US (but not Canada or the rest of the world) because the sugar industry saw too much of their market disappear.

* Aspartame/Nutrasweet (aspartylphenylalanine-methyl-ester) breaks down to its poison constituents at 86 degrees (Aspartic Acid 40%, Phenylalanine 50%, and Methanol 10%). Remember your stomach is at 98.6 degrees! Therefore you should never use Aspartame/Nutrasweet in hot beverages or cooked foods such as Jello. How the FDA allows this remains a mystery. There is mounting evidence that the "Burning Mouth Syndrome" experienced by the Desert Storm troops was actually Methanol poisoning from the Diet Coke they drank lots of, after being exposed to desert temperatures.

* Aspartame/Nutrasweet's 10% Methanol appears in the body quickly and is the same alcohol (wood alcohol also in lacquer thinner), that your mother correctly warned you could make you blind. Many skid-row alcoholics had major problems with this cheap but deadly form of alcohol.

* Aspartame/Nutrasweet's 40% Aspartic Acid is an "excitotoxin" in the brain and excites neurons to death, i.e. it kills brain cells and causes other nerve damage.

* Aspartame/Nutrasweet triggers Migraine Headaches This even happened to me!. The Usenet is filled with posts by people who have pinned their migraines down to aspartame/Nutrasweet consumption.

* Aspartame/Nutrasweet's breakdown products attack the bodies tissues and create Formaldehyde which builds up in the tissues forever. Remember the smelly, eye watering fumes from the frogs you dissected in school? They were preserved with Formaldehyde! Formaldehyde is thought to cause cancer.

The American Bottlers Association did not want the FDA to approve Aspartame/Nutrasweet because of what the test report showed. But the FDA approved it anyway!

* Airline pilots stay away from Aspartame/Nutrasweet because they are well aware of the documented dangers.

* Aspartame/Nutrasweet also breaks down to diketopiperazine [DKP] which is proven to cause Brain Tumors! Brain Tumors used to be rare. Several of the rats in the original study formed brain tumors during their Aspartame/Nutrasweet exposure. The researchers surgically removed the tumors and returned the rats to the study and discounted the tumors.

OMG, made me nearly pee myself. SCARY stuff.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh everything now adays kills you.

thats my opinion too.

You buy Fruit, and its bad for you because of pesticides

you buy meat, and its full of steroids.

the only way to be healty supposedly is to live like the Amish and make everything the old fashioned way :-(

the only way to be healty supposedly is to live like the Amish and make everything the old fashioned way :-(

i'm pretty sure that will kill you pretty damn quick too.

Notice how the average lifespan continues to increase? If you did everything "Men's Health" told you to do you would live to be 100 barring any family disease or accident.

It's all about controling the spending, poisoning the masses and then charging to heal them... is just one example of preservation of current society life style and its expectations out of life. Its a vicious circle and it's getting worse. Don't worry after couple of mass scale disasters on human race our good side will come out as it always does in such instances... To bad we need such awful catalysts :( :( :(

Total Bullshit....

Funny... There isnt a single scientiific statement in the article... Just conjecture and hyperbole spun to SOUND scientific...

Not a single study is cited... Or Journal Article.... Or Physician quoted.... In other words... ALL BULLSHIT!

http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/aspartame.asp

Leave it to Eric to debunk the myth! I agree though, everything these days is bad. I remember some years ago when I still lived in Germany and we had this bad outbreak of Mad-cow disease. Everyone stopped eating beef and started eating ostrich and all kinds of meat. WTF? Too late at that point, you either already had it or you wouldn't get it anymore. After a few weeks of panic everyone forgot about it and returned to eating beef. :roll:

I have to agree with the general statement that "Aspartame is not healthy" - I did my own research on this several years ago and determined that any product with this additive should be avoided. The chemical is banned in several European countries.

Diet anything is disgusting, there are way to many sources stating both it is safe and unsafe, im sticking to the disgusting :mrgreen:

• 1 year later...
drink water, or green tea. fcuk all this diet crap.

"Water - the original zero-calorie, hunger-suppressing drink!"

Reducing my sugary drinks intake for water is probably the best thing I've ever done. Saves money, less chance of tooth decay, lose weight, and in general just feel better.

I try not to drink any soda for the most part and only drink Crystal Light when at home. It has only 5 calories, no sugar, and all that other stuff sodas come with. Instead, it has Aspartame. When I mention that, the first thing people start telling me is Aspartame is going to give me cancer and that it's known to cause heart attacks, etc.

It may, it may not. I don't know. I do know it could not be any worse than drinking a regular coke or eating a piece of fried chicken.

I don't drink Diet anything, to me I've always thought it was a farce, no soda is healthy.

I mostly just drink root beers or cream soda that are made with regular sugar, and that's only when I do drink a soda.

Is it true that they use Coca-Cola to cleanse diesel engines, or is that another urban myth? I heard if you take like a piece of steak and put it into a bucket of Coca-Cola, it is dissolved and just bones in like a day or so...?

Anyways, BoombaProjects, I saw this thread and you said your fiance sent that to you, I was about to ask why you were getting married again so soon :lol2: :icon_mrgreen: I checked the date and saw it was originally written back in 2006.

So how about this scare right now about the chemicals or additives in the drinking water? I haven't even paid attention to it, as I bet it's just way overblown, anyone know though?

The media tends to scare us over the things that are minute, meanwhile we go about our lives doing much more dangerous things that we don't know about.

screw diet.

regular FTW. and for the persians in the audiance, doogh FTMFW! dont know how to spell it though, lol.

ive heard that diet drink make your bones weak or something. dunno. I dont drink them anyways.

Is it true that they use Coca-Cola to cleanse diesel engines, or is that another urban myth? I heard if you take like a piece of steak and put it into a bucket of Coca-Cola, it is dissolved and just bones in like a day or so...?

All totally true. Jeffrey Dahmer used barrels of Coke to dissolve body parts. That's how he got caught. He was caught on a security camera buying 100's of 3 Liter bottles of Coke at Wal-Mart to put the bodies in.