Which of these front-engine designs looks the best?

Mako

ORDER OF PICTURES:

1. Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione

2. Aston Martin DB9

3. Ferrari 599 GTBarf

4. Lexus LF-A

5. Maserati Gran Turismo

6. MB-McLaren SLR 722

7. Dodge Viper SRT-10

Alf_8C___02a.jpg

Aston_DB9___01a.jpg

Ferrari_599___01a.jpg

Lexus_LF_A___01a.jpg

Maser_GranTurismo___01a.jpg

Mercedes_SLR_01a.jpg

Viper___01a.jpg

2. Aston Martin DB9

3. Ferrari 599 GTBarf

In that order. The Alfa Romeo is my top choice due to a unique elegance and casual exotic feeling. Everyone knows of the SLR, etc., but the Alfa Romeo will have people asking questions. I'm sure it's the most underpowered of the group assumingly, but that would be my choice daily driver out of them all. I love it.

The Aston Martin, is more "tied" in first, even tho' I would choose it above the Alfa Romeo cuz its much more fun, looks much more powerful, and well, its boss! I've seen a couple of these on the road and they are just astonishing. Looks like a smooth cruise.

The Ferrari, okay this is one of 5 Ferraris I would ever own. It's actually much more classier in design than the others. Most other Ferraris are purely "attention-whores" like the screaming yellow 355's and such. The 599 GTB is pure refinement and first class maturity in a world of dramatic divas/divos. Think of it this way, compared to the Viper (eck): The Viper is the woman at the party that is young and dying for attention non-verbally. She's wearing the obviously expensive short-skirt with jewelry and colors that scream "i want u to notice me", while the 599 is that classy beautiful woman that is well-spoken but humble, intellectual, interesting, a bit mysterious, and a sexiness that comes from how diginified and attractive she is in her approach. That, and you are pretty sure that she hasn't hit on or had a fling with every other person in the room (however, the Ms. Viper is 'everywhere', and however hot, lacks class).

SLR looks the best. Followed by the Aston then Viper.

ORDER OF PICTURES:

2. Aston Martin DB9

3. Ferrari 599 GTBarf

4. Lexus LF-A

5. Maserati Gran Turismo

6. MB-McLaren SLR 722

7. Dodge Viper SRT-10

You don't really want me to answer this one do you ?? I think you already know. :icon_mrgreen:

No Contest- Aston.

I've loved the Aston look since the Vanquish first debuted, but over time it's become a little too conservative to me. Plus even though most don't agree, I like the Vantage's proportions on that look best of the three AM models.

My top three, today:

1. Alfa 8C

2. LF-A

3. DB9

imo:

SLR (the front of the maserati looks just as nice but the rear is not)

DB9

Maserati

LFA

SRT10

C8

DB9

SLR

The Aston profile, despite being conservative, is most pleasing. Definitely a classic and will age well. That said, however, all AM --- DB-7, Vanquish, DB-9, AMV8, DB-S and even the Rapide share very similar profile. You have to be a real car guy to identify all the nuances between each model (ok, the Rapide has 4 doors). Why temper with success? Fine, but don't exploit it either. Great looks nevertheless.

SLR: looks fast even while standing perfectly still.

The Alfa, actually, looks like a nice blend of classic lines with comtemporary styling too.