Ferrari of Denver FAQ

Smash Boy

I live in Denver. I'm a big fan of Ferrari of Denver and have heard nothing but good things about their sales and service for literally years. Truly - I've yet to hear any negative statement uttered about their business practices. They leave the lights on at night and don't mind if you swing by during the day just to check out the cars.

But this is honestly one of the most condescending, inappropriate things I've ever seen on any auto dealer's website. It goes from harsh to flat-out mean-spirited. I can't believe this is officially condoned by Ferrari of Denver.

Oh well - at least it provided decent entertainment for a few minutes.

I like this line:

Isn't it nice to know that when you purchase a Ferrari or Bentley or Maserati or Lotus from Ferrari of Denver that it hasn't been loaned out to every wacko who walks thru the door

Seems to me the only wackos are them

But they are willing to shoot the breeze with anybody. I guess because they have no new inventory to sell (its all been ordered 10 years in advance), they will talk to anybody.

Guest skokos

LMFAO :

Q. Can I come test drive a Ferrari?

A. No.

Q. How about a Bentley?

A. Probably not.

Q. Ok, how about a Lotus?

A. Probably not.

Q. How about a Maserati?

A. Probably not.

Q. Why can't I come drive your cars? Every other dealership will let us drive.

A. Here's our company philosophy: Isn't it nice to know that when you purchase a Ferrari or Bentley or Maserati or Lotus from Ferrari of Denver that it hasn't been loaned out to every wacko who walks thru the door?

Drivers aren't buyers and buyers aren't drivers.... it's THE oldest rule in exotic car sales,

Hey guys, all of you who drive cars, apparently we have never bought them. And all of you who bought them, you never drive them! Oh, the power of deducing.

Its how most of the places feel that have millions tied up in cars and advertising, they just put it down on paper. :eusa_think:

Here is how it works. Just about every Ferrari dealership has what it call its "core group". These are guys who will buy every and any new Ferrari that the dealership gets. Sometimes this group can total 25 or more. They are high net worth guys and they will coming running with the check when the Dealer calls. In return for them buying the new and used cars they get rewarded by the dealer with a new model like the 599. The more cars they buy the greater the reward. The guy coming off the street is shut out.

Now there are side deals that go on also. Dealers sells a new 599 to Banker Joe who is a member of the core group. Banker Joe gets to drive the car for say 1200 miles and then agrees to sell it back to the dealer. Now that it is a "used" car dealer gets to sell it for whatever he can and it is all legal. Ferrari frowns on dealers selling new cars for over MSRP but can do nothing about "used" sales. Banker Joe may even get a little kick back when dealer sells the car for maybe, in the 599 example, $150K over. Now everyone is happy. Ferrari, the dealer, and original buyer. Welcome to the world of Ferrari!

Here is how it works. Just about every Ferrari dealership has what it call its "core group". These are guys who will buy every and any new Ferrari that the dealership gets. Sometimes this group can total 25 or more. They are high net worth guys and they will coming running with the check when the Dealer calls. In return for them buying the new and used cars they get rewarded by the dealer with a new model like the 599. The more cars they buy the greater the reward. The guy coming off the street is shut out.

Now there are side deals that go on also. Dealers sells a new 599 to Banker Joe who is a member of the core group. Banker Joe gets to drive the car for say 1200 miles and then agrees to sell it back to the dealer. Now that it is a "used" car dealer gets to sell it for whatever he can and it is all legal. Ferrari frowns on dealers selling new cars for over MSRP but can do nothing about "used" sales. Banker Joe may even get a little kick back when dealer sells the car for maybe, in the 599 example, $150K over. Now everyone is happy. Ferrari, the dealer, and original buyer. Welcome to the world of Ferrari!

How is that worth it?

Don't you guys have to pay added taxes when buying and new car?, transfer fees and registration? I am assuming that if you had high taxes on new car purchases on transfer it would only be worth it if the over MSRP is very high. I am not sure what the exact numbers are but in Australia it is almost not worth it, we have GST (10%), stamp duty, luxury car tax ( 25% on every $ over $57,900) and transfer fees(2%), on a car that's as expensive as a 599 a "used" car resale at $150k over sticker would be hardly worth it.

I looked at the 599 and I wouldn't give them sticker for it, $150k plus you would have to have more money than brain :eusa_think:

That place should focus on selling Ford Pickup trucks. :icon_mrgreen: Atleast there wouldn't be any fuckups.

Economics 101: When demand exceeds supply, the bullshit starts. I read an interveiw with Winklemann who stated Lamborghini also shares the philospohy of limited production. As soon as they get their manufacturing plant up to a profitable number, Lambo will turn down the spiggot too. These companies are niche players in the auto world. The irony here is that if Ferrari built enough cars to meet demand, prices and profits would drop; in this situation more production would not mean more profits.

This is true. As wierd as it seems it happens. As for COLO, I have heard many complaints againist Ferrari of Denver on many levels, but they aren't as bad as some of the other dealers cough, cough *LOD*. For those you doubt some of these claims on this website, you should ask member Brandi about some of the topics, since she worked for them for awhile.

Allan, please drive there and give them what they deserve.

(And videotape it)

:iamwithstupid: :icon_thumleft:

I really think this is a joke... This is outrageous! How can they get away acting like that?

...Just try walking in there, with anything less than a sports jacket and tie :lol2:

Ferrari as an investment ? :gay: :fart: Check and see a few years from now, the nose-dive the 599 will take in value. If previous values are any indication, look at what a 550 and 575m brings on today's used car market.

If you can't get in on some of the very limited supercars, you can forget it. The only other choice, is to constantly flip the 8cyl boy-racer cars, and stay ahead of the depreciation curve.

As for FoD, call their parts department (or have your butler take care of it), and see if they have any carbon-fibre Cavallino Rampante pocket size, "I love myself" mirrors forsale.

• 2 weeks later...

So hostile!!!!

How many people on here have had the experience of purchasing/servicing a car at FoD??

I worked at FoD for over six years......

Thanks for the F.U. abolfaz...... :icon_thumleft: :thebirdman: :jackoff:

Real mature....

This being a Lambo site, I'll read through the hostility with a grain of salt.

I don't agree with the FAQ page on the website either but it's a friggin blanket statement people! Generally speaking; someone who walks through the door and does not ask intelligent questions, ie; "When was the last major service done?", instead they want to know how the stereo sounds and go for a drive...these are not buyers.

Now if you come in and ask politely to sit in a car and sound sincere in your quest to own an exotic, chances are you will be offered a test-drive before you can ask for one! It's really a double-edged sword, people get upset when they can't drive a car but nobody wants to buy a car that the dealer has let every Tom, Dick and Harry go out and beat the shit out of.